orangefield @ vidor - updates..Vidor Wins In OT!!!!!!

The refs didn't lose the game for Orangefield, but wow.  Both teams were in DOUBLE bonus with a lot of time left in the 3rd quarter. There were some calls for BOTH sides that I honeslty think were made up. 

I really thought OF had it, but couldn't get in a rythm beause the game was stopped every 10 seconds because of a foul.  ::)

Congrats to Vidor, they really did play hard.

[quote name="Wildcatter" post="722211" timestamp="1259761915"]
Probably the worst officiated game I have ever seen in 30 years of bball on both sides.  The chapter must really need bodies for these guys to get to call games.  With all of that said you can't shoot less than 50% from foul line on the road and expect to win.
[/quote]

What chapter called the game, UIL or TASO?

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="722256" timestamp="1259766720"]
I would guess TASO...............UIL is only affiliated with two schools in SE Texas if I am not mistaken.
[/quote]

Really? I know Silsbee used the UIL chapter last night and that's who they are using throughout the season (except for the HJ game) but only 1 other team in all of Southeast Texas is using them you say?

Wow, is pretty much how I sum that game up…..will have to agree with wildcatter on this one, one of the worst I have ever seen……What has happened to this sport and the quality of officiating?  Are the officials trying to do too much, meaning spread too thin?  If that’s the case, go back to having the girls and boys play on the same night at the same gym with quality officials, neither Vidor nor Orangefield deserved a game like this….

Orangefield, you guys just seem to get jerked in and out of the game and can’t get any rhythm going….fight passed that and play some ball….Vidor, you guys have a good Coach, work hard and he’ll get your team to the playoffs……

I HAVE POSTED ON THIS SITE FOR QUITE A WHILE.....It really bothers me when there is information posted that is not correct and it is taken as gospel..1) Nederlands Home chapter is TASO--2) There are more than a few schools being serviced by UIL--they include--5A WESTBROOK AND MEMORIAL--4A--CENTRAL AND OZEN--3A--SILSBEE AND CLEVELAND--2A--NEWTON--DEWEYVILLE--BUNA--KOUNTZE--WARREN--1A--SPURGER--WEST HARDIN--HULL -DAISETTA--COMMUNITY CHRISTIAN --3) I cannot comment on the OF/VIDOR game without seeing the tape,--but I ask  WHAT CONSTITUTES A WELL OFFICIATED GAME?  IS IT NOT SUBJECTIVE JUST LIKE OFFICIATING?..Our crew that did the Kountze/HJ game was blasted on this site by some...yet praised by many others....WHO WAS RIGHT?....We are all entitled to our opinion...but if you are stating something as fact...be sure of it

[quote name="OLDREF" post="722408" timestamp="1259785744"]
I HAVE POSTED ON THIS SITE FOR QUITE A WHILE.....It really bothers me when there is information posted that is not correct and it is taken as gospel..1) Nederlands Home chapter is TASO--2) There are more than a few schools being serviced by UIL--they include--5A WESTBROOK AND MEMORIAL--4A--CENTRAL AND OZEN--3A--SILSBEE AND CLEVELAND--2A--NEWTON--DEWEYVILLE--BUNA--KOUNTZE--WARREN--1A--SPURGER--WEST HARDIN--HULL -DAISETTA--COMMUNITY CHRISTIAN --3) [b]I cannot comment on the OF/VIDOR game without seeing the tape,--but I ask  WHAT CONSTITUTES A WELL OFFICIATED GAME?  IS IT NOT SUBJECTIVE JUST LIKE OFFICIATING?..Our crew that did the Kountze/HJ game was blasted on this site by some...yet praised by many others....WHO WAS RIGHT?....We are all entitled to our opinion...but if you are stating something as fact...be sure of it[/b]
[/quote]

Me and Hoopinsider were at the Kountze/HJ game and the OF/Vidor game, and i can tell you there is no comparison between the officiating in those games.  The officiating in the Kountze/HJ game was way better and i thought the guys at a Kountze/HJ did a pretty good job, and i'd take that crew any day.  Wildcatter's post is right on.  I watch a lot of games every year, and i'm by no means an official but i cant tell if a game is called well or poorly.  I know most games you watch, an average crew will have maybe 1-2 obvious missed calls for a whole game.  Last night there were several obvious missed calls that left players, coaches and fans shaking their heads on both sides.  They gave OF a 3 pt basket on a ball shot around the elbow.  It was inconsistent, they'd call a tight call in the open court, then on a fast break layup they let a guy get hammered for no call.  And if they made a questionable call they were unsure of, you almost always saw a makeup call on the next trip down the court.  At the end of the game, they let the bench near the sideline make the call for them on a ball that went out of bounds.  Orangefield played poorly last night and deserved to lose, but i wouldve liked to have watched the game under different circumstances.

BEENINNIKES........THANKS for the compliment on the KOUNTZE/HJ game.  I felt like we had done a good job in a difficult game....tried to be consistant......I promise those guys who called OF/VIDOR last night know whether or not they had a bad night...and if they had a bad night...NO ONE IS MORE UPSET THAN THEY ARE...We as officials live and breath basketball....I  have been doing this for 17 years...and spent many sleepless nights after I had bad games....SO PLEASE DON'T THINK THAT THOSE GUYS DON'T CARE....because they do...we appreciate your input

Game was 2 hrs 45 minutes.  There was no flow in the 2nd half.  I have officiated games and I understand that you do the best you can but these guys would come to the scorers table and have to figure out who the foul was on.  They also messed up the timeouts in the OT which prevented OF from calling TO at the end of the game.  Once again if OF makes FT's it is mute point but it was still worst called game for both teams that I have ever witnessed.  If the chapter is that low then I agree put them on the same night so that we can have quality games where officials don't determine the outcome of the game the players do.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami