*EAST CHAMBERS vs. DANGERFIELD/Daingerfield advances/Comments

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="ECBucFan" post="718438" timestamp="1259348229"]
11-27-09. Great time to think about original expectations and then eventual accomplishments for this 09' Buc team. Back in the summer when many were speculating and forming opinions and predictions for this upcoming season, few if any picked the Bucs to win district, much less be playing in the third round and after Thanksgiving Day.

Regardless of the outcome of tonight's game vs. Daingerfield, these Bucs and Coach V. & staff should be appreciated and congratulated for a great season. We are ALL proud of you! Go EC!  ;D   
[/quote]

Heckuva' year for the Bucs!  ;D  Picked 3rd in district and made 3rd round. Losing some good srs., but good looking underclassmen coming up.  Congrats to the Bucs, Coach V & staff, and the entire EC community! Well done!  ;D

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Luck next week Newton.  You have a real challenge on your hands.  Dfield has a pretty complete package.  Size and Speed.  I can't remember ever seeing a team with that many stud athlete's at this level.  I will say this though.  You can pass the ball on them.  Spread the field and you can open up the run game on them after you establish the pass.

im coo coo for "ko ko" puffs!! i hope texas football is ready for "ko ko" pebbles but seriously guys ko ko smith is the real deal the kid averaged way to many yrds a carry tonight hes tough and hard to bring down hes a great rb..i was dissapointed the d1 wr didnt play i really wanted to see him so daingerfield win the whole thing id really like to say that we were eliminated by the state champion......AGAIN lol goodluck next week daingerfield newton ill be there

Final stats

EC              Dangerfield

rushing              43/134              35/276
passing          6-12-129            8-12-163
total                  55/263              47/439
FD                        12                    17

Koko Smith had 14 carries for 168 yards, 5 TD's. Averaged 12 yards a carry.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="719211" timestamp="1259392386"]

Koko Smith had 14 carries for 168 yards, 5 TD's. Averaged 12 yards a carry.
[/quote]
Is that all?  I thought he rushed for 300 yards last night--not really--but it seemed like he broke every run for a touchdown. 

EC, great season!  You came a long way, so be proud of your accomplishments.

stats were alot closer than the score was.  Thought for sure Dfield had more yards than that.  That KoKo kid was a beast.  Congrats Dfield and Conratulations to my ECC Buccaneers, you proved all the naysayers wrong.  Looking forward to another exciting season next year.

[quote name="ECC95" post="719389" timestamp="1259429049"]
stats were alot closer than the score was.  Thought for sure Dfield had more yards than that.  That KoKo kid was a beast.  Congrats Dfield and Conratulations to my ECC Buccaneers, you proved all the naysayers wrong.  Looking forward to another exciting season next year.
[/quote]
thats looks like the 1 st half stats... dang  64 points.....bad news for the figgys.

Daingerfield defense scored one TD and set up another short drive with a fumble recovery and ran a punt to inside the 20 so that keeps the stat total down some.  EC played hard all night , just too much speed on the field for the Tigers.  #25 is indeed the real deal- they spread the ball around on offense but when he does get touches he makes big plays.  It should be a good game next week vs Newton- the closest game anyone gave them last year in the playoffs

[quote name="barberosa" post="719471" timestamp="1259437963"]
Daingerfield defense scored one TD and set up another short drive with a fumble recovery and ran a punt to inside the 20 so that keeps the stat total down some.  EC played hard all night , just too much speed on the field for the Tigers.  #25 is indeed the real deal- they spread the ball around on offense but when he does get touches he makes big plays.  It should be a good game next week vs Newton- the closest game anyone gave them last year in the playoffs
[/quote]
Didn't come to talk trash, we all know about last nights game. I just wanted to give EC a congrats on a good season. From what I read yall have played hard all season and set a goal for future teams to meet and excede. In Daingerfield we grow up around football so things are expected but you are now laying the groundwork for your own traditions. No matter what people say on their computer, they were not on the field every play or during the two a days so they have no right to down you or your team. Keep your heads up and just to let you that you did gain respect. I now know East Chambers and have added it to my list of teams to watch next year!

Congrats to Daingerfield.  Also Congrats to EC Buc players and coaches, what a great season.  Hope next year is just as exciting.  Seniors you will be greatly missed, Hallmark, Barrow, Carrington, Green, Adamson, Rabalais, Leblanc, Lavergne, Aviles, Kramer, Colleps, Mazzola, Henry, and Odom best of luck in your future.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    katty
    Newest Member
    katty