Crosby vs. Pearland Dawson Sat. 2:00pm/DAWSON ADVANCES!!!!

Cougtalk

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crosby needs to look at the tape from the Friendswood - Dawson game earlier in the year.  Friendswood completely took their quarterback out of the equation, and dominated the entire game. If Crosby can't figure out a way to contain him and he has time to survery the field from the spread it will be a long night for the Cougars.  I'll stick with District 24 in this one, it is a notch above everyone else in region 3.  Dawson 31  Crosby 20. 

I don't know anything about Dawson but weren't the skeptics saying the same thing about Montgomery with their QB and runningback.  I believe they have just about the same stats (Dawson/Montgomery).  They still have to play the game.

Here's what Massey thinks:  http://www.highschoolsports.net/defaultcal300x250.cfm?ct=matchup&schoolid=TX7753215356&spt=4&lvl=-1&division=1

Massey has this as an extremely close game 23-22 =p

If Massey is right, id take the cougars this year, however bad we think that defense secondary is they always step up (so far) in crunch time, BH game, and Both playoff games.

My question isn't defensive because i think were gonna give up 21-28 points... my question is whether or not that Dawson Defense can stop that COugar run game.

Guest Tong Po
[quote name="Diamond-J" post="715668" timestamp="1258915567"]
Crosby will play their last football game this Saturday---Dawson 41-20---maybe more lopsided than that
[/quote]

Instead of lining up for your usual crow plate you need to be more concerned about El Campo. This will be the first decent team the burro's have had to play in a while. Vidor and Waller both were pathetic.

[quote name="J Creeper" post="716070" timestamp="1258982391"]
[quote author=Diamond-J link=topic=62812.msg715668#msg715668 date=1258915567]
Crosby will play their last football game this Saturday---Dawson 41-20---maybe more lopsided than that
[/quote]

Instead of lining up for your usual crow plate you need to be more concerned about El Campo. This will be the first decent team the burro's have had to play in a while. Vidor and Waller both were pathetic.
[/quote]My usual crow plate??????? I have made VERY few predicts this year and this is just the way I see it----Coogs fall to a good Dawson team-- Vidor is a solid team--can't say the same for Waller

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="7mary3" post="715676" timestamp="1258916642"]
I don't know anything about Dawson but weren't the skeptics saying the same thing about Montgomery with their QB and runningback.  I believe they have just about the same stats (Dawson/Montgomery).  They still have to play the game.

Here's what Massey thinks:  http://www.highschoolsports.net/defaultcal300x250.cfm?ct=matchup&schoolid=TX7753215356&spt=4&lvl=-1&division=1
[/quote]

I do not know much about the QB and RB from Montgomery. I have had the chance to see Dawson on two occasions. Lazard is legit D1 and plays big. He has an above average arm and can run with anyone in this area. The RB is committed to U of H and is more than a handful.  He runs hard and runs down hill. This will be a very tough match-up for the Cougar D.

[/quote]

[/quote]
Waller did beat Brenham and put up over 300 yards on them.
Just ask PN-G how good Brenham is.
Against Dayton Waller had only 90 yards of offense.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Vidor was a good team. If you watched that game... I'm not sure how you think they were pathetic.

Tough game for Crosby.... Good luck. If you get a lead, put your foot on their throat and don't let off until the final whistle.

Dawson has the athletes to put 8 men in the box to stop the run game and say beat us throwing the ball...Coogs receivers still can not catch the ball on a weekly basis after playing 12 games...So i believe its up to the receivers to come up big for Crosby to win this one..Will have to score at least 40 cause will give them at least 3-4 long TD passes,seems to be the average lately.....

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="716320" timestamp="1259006257"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=62812.msg716302#msg716302 date=1259004737]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD7mAZJWY9g

Last years highlight video for the Dawson RB.
[/quote]You gotta take his legs from under him. 
[/quote]
Looked like a good runningback...nothing spectacular though he has another year under his belt.  It will be interesting.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa