Dante Smith

Yea but only if he stays consistent with his game and keeps his head on straight. Also the coaches must utilize his ability in all sports. He is more than strictly basketball. I wouldn't say the next jarvis but probably the likes of an early Tramain Thomas but be on the look out for him getting a few slams in before the end of the year

[quote name="Big Chief" post="714067" timestamp="1258782213"]
[quote author=RedBird5 link=topic=62707.msg713227#msg713227 date=1258754860]
Starting on Varsity? Wow, he's good but shouldn't be on a varsity team. I guess HF doesn't have much depht.
[/quote]

You probably shouldn't guess anymore because HF actually has a lot of depth. They carry 15+ on all teams and all of the varsity guys can hang with most anyone. Dante is just very talented and athletic for his age and should be a great player in upcoming years.
[/quote]
Watched him last night against Deweyville he is a talented player, needs some more game experience and work on his defense, but he will be special in the next couple years.

Here is the scenario, yall can disagree or agree but it is the reality.  I think I may have mentioned this before but with Dante playing varsity and getting in quality minutes falls right into place when the current middle schoolers all hit the high school level. Dante will be the player with the most experience and leadership abilities to help the younger players begin a winning tradition at HF. It's a process and in a few years HF will have a strong team with a minmum of seven deep good players and strong role players. By It's all about the timing, the right pieces fitting together, and complimenting one another.
This is about preparation and being ready when it all hits. We can all enjoy this ride. ;)

From what I've seen HF middle school teams (Football, Basketball, Track) are always good. In High School Im not sure what happens?? They start farming or what???

RedBird5

[quote name="RedBird5" post="716224" timestamp="1258997057"]
From what I've seen HF middle school teams (Football, Basketball, Track) are always good. In High School Im not sure what happens?? They start farming or what???

RedBird5
[/quote] I agree with your assessment 100%. HF's middle schoolers do good. Like all middle schoolers, some grow faster and bigger than others. I see a lot of us (parents) fall into this trap where their kid is this super stud at a young age because he is bigger or quicker than the other kids and they expect the trend to continue. I see it all the time.  Then you have late-bloomers who mature. The 9th grade is where you begin to see the differences. Some progress and some just remain the same. A lot of it has to do with your work ethic and mental attitude. And hard work doesn't mean you're putting in the proper work. I could sit here and write you a book on the subject. From my own personal assessment/opinion about HF basketball, it is a skilled sport and you have to respect the game, or it won't respect you.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder