HJ @ Kountze

ridenpine

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="LAZEEK" post="712939" timestamp="1258729673"]
[quote author=iknoweverthing2 link=topic=62635.msg712530#msg712530 date=1258680238]
are u seriou kid...kountze has to many weapons for hj..bray will be unstoppable in the inside and roman will create matchup problems...thehawks press will be less effective this year..they lack the speed of last year.. #21 hj be ready to ballhogg..u are all they got
[/quote]

Silsbee thought the same thing last year and you see where that got them!!! ;D ;D ;) ;)
[/quote]

New season but you still can't avoid the cheap shot, eh Lazeek?

[quote name="setxslam" post="714165" timestamp="1258805085"]
Man, watching the Hawks on the free throw line was gut-wrenching.
[/quote]Probally first of the year jitters or kids not in top shape........we have been terrible from the line....had a four shot oppertunity(one and one and a tech)and the ball and came away with nothing.....hopefully it will get better as the season goes along.

[quote name="stevenash" post="714161" timestamp="1258803542"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=62635.msg714001#msg714001 date=1258779537]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=62635.msg713907#msg713907 date=1258778119]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=62635.msg713881#msg713881 date=1258777883]
[quote author=FlexD33 link=topic=62635.msg713789#msg713789 date=1258776452]
dang i was close i had HJ 79-77
[/quote]

Two things are worth mentioning.  HJ played all of fourth quarter without starting point guard who fouled out.  Several "experts" on this board had said that Benard could not replace Donahoe and after that theory failed, they said that Benard could not be replaced this year.  Jacoby Turner had a triple double that was 37-12-12.  So much for the "he can't be replaced theory"
[/quote]GPS..........
[/quote] This is such a wrench gutting experience. And I was having a great day. :-\
[/quote]  Dove, for most it is a gut wrenching experience, but I understand your conundrum because you were enjoying thoughts about the "2015-2103 Champions State" when you were exposed to this bit of "fiction-non"
[/quote]Nah, I'm still convinced you will see a new HF team beginning 2011. All positions will be strong. Enjoy it now.

utfan06, if you thought the officiating was bad in this game you know less about officiating than I thought.The game was well called and in the end it was in the players hands which is where it should be.Kountze made a few bad decisions late in the game which probably cost them the ballgame but it's early they will be fine.Whisenant is the most overlooked player on the Lions club(definitely in their top 3).Walker is a great player and probably needed to be a little more selfish at the end of this one.On the Hawks side of the ball Ricossa has improved tremendously and Turner(to steal a line fron Dennis Green)is what everyone knew he was.In the end the Hawks proved once again they won't beat themselves and that comes from the bench.Great game to watch from a neutral fans perspective.

THANK YOU.....WHSALUM...coming from you because of my respect for you...I consider that an extreme compliment.....Indeed a very difficult game to call..very much like any playoff game I have ever called.....I have a great deal of respect for both of these schools and their coaching staffs....and when they get together it is always a war.....

I ask all of you to remember that we as officials are neutral...We do everything  in our power to do the best job possible....but basketball is the most subjective game there is to officiate....and you may not agree...and that is your right...but always know that we have the childrens best interest at heart.

You're welcome sir.In the end the games should be decided by the players and this one was.The really good officials are nearly transparent when you start looking back at the games and this crew did a good job.There are some more good officials in this area but overall the 3 guys that called thsi game would score well if you evaluated the game.This was a tough early season game to call and a great game to watch.

I agree.. great game on both sides.. officiated well (a few calls missed here and there), but that is to be expected, nothing significant enough to change the outcome of the game.. can't get em all right, but the officials last night did pretty dang good... Kountze is very good team and i look for them to go to state and possibly win it all this year.. HJ played ok last night, gotta get better at the free throw line and 3 pointers... Ricossa, Turner, Gustafson all had great games

[quote name="hj_hawk_60" post="714526" timestamp="1258833547"]
I agree.. great game on both sides.. officiated well (a few calls missed here and there), but that is to be expected, nothing significant enough to change the outcome of the game.. can't get em all right, but the officials last night did pretty dang good... Kountze is very good team and i look for them to go to state and possibly win it all this year.. HJ played ok last night, gotta get better at the free throw line and 3 pointers... Ricossa, Turner, Gustafson all had great games
[/quote]

and Gus didn't even get tofinish the whole second half. didnt make it past the 3rd quarter

[quote name="HJ-Hawks25" post="714609" timestamp="1258838044"]
[quote author=hj_hawk_60 link=topic=62635.msg714526#msg714526 date=1258833547]
[/quote]

and Gus didn't even get tofinish the whole second half. didnt make it past the 3rd quarter
[/quote]

Very true, if Gus wouldn't of fouled out it would of been a different game in the second half.

[quote name="HAWKS24" post="715255" timestamp="1258863130"]
[quote author=HJ-Hawks25 link=topic=62635.msg714609#msg714609 date=1258838044]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Very true, if Gus wouldn't of fouled out it would of been a different game in the second half.
[/quote]          which one is gus I know they have turner ricossa and other than that i was not really seeing who else was any good beside on the defensive end... i kkno sutherland kid can shoot but he was totally off and played scared...............so please inform me on this gus because he would and wasn't a factor in this game...

Guest stevenash
[quote name="TopDawG52" post="715479" timestamp="1258899852"]
[quote author=HAWKS24 link=topic=62635.msg715255#msg715255 date=1258863130]
[quote author=HJ-Hawks25 link=topic=62635.msg714609#msg714609 date=1258838044]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]           which one is gus I know they have turner ricossa and other than that i was not really seeing who else was any good beside on the defensive end... i kkno sutherland kid can shoot but he was totally off and played scared...............so please inform me on this gus because he would and wasn't a factor in this game...
[/quote]Gus is point guard and team suffers substantially without him

what # is gus>  and Ricossa and Turner were handling the ball in crunch time... But i'm going to say Gus had a Bad night.. Because David Johnson from Kountze did too... lol  But If HJ gets Turner and Ricossa to play like that night in night out watch out for them come playoff time... other than that if Kountze's Whishenat keeps playing that way thats another scoring threat for kountze also....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33