ham-fannett 54-51 liberty

Very impressive game for HF on offensive and defensive ends.  Good passing on offensive lots of steals on defense. Upcoming talent on HF side is definitely present.  The #13 on varsity last night is a Freshman - Dante Smith.    These guys playing now are the same guys that led HF Little Dribblers to the Nationals tournament for the first time in 13 years and the HF Little Dribblers have continued to make it to the Nationals Tournament every year since so keep an eye on HF from Middle to High School levels.    Looking forward to seeing an exciting season.  All three HF teams won against Liberty last night.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="711283" timestamp="1258521335"]
First varsity game I've attended at HF. Good hard-nose game and hustle from both teams. I'd like to see if the coach would set up more scoring opps for #44 at the elbow.
[/quote] I am glad u got out BLUE. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="CATMAN" post="711461" timestamp="1258562355"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=62594.msg711283#msg711283 date=1258521335]
First varsity game I've attended at HF. Good hard-nose game and hustle from both teams. I'd like to see if the coach would set up more scoring opps for #44 at the elbow.
[/quote]me too Cat!  ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="711476" timestamp="1258563306"]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=62594.msg711461#msg711461 date=1258562355]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=62594.msg711283#msg711283 date=1258521335]
[/quote]me too Cat!   ;)
[/quote]I was very impressed w/HF last night. Knew already that Freshman Dante Smith would do very well....played very consistently....came up the lane strong....#34 guard and #41 showed some real basketball grit! Hopefully, HF coach will encourage more movement without the ball...overall I was very impressed. The true test will be district games with Silsbee and HJ.

Don't know if this is a fortunately or unfortunately but I think every game will be a true test for HF Basketball.  If the guys take the game one at a time, keep their heads in the game, don't let getting behind get them down and out of the game, and just play the game like they know how then they will pass some of the tests.  And yes, I said SOME of the tests.  I don't see HF going undefeated but they can definitely have a better season this year than in the past few years.

It's a building process. You have to put the pieces together and it's not overnight. Thats why I keep repeating that HF can go to State IF they begin the planning process now. From Little Dribblers ( need to change name) thru middle school, there has to be a communication line with the high school coaches. It can be done but not overnight. And here is another issue that I've seen one other person bring up that I will mention again. Your better athletes are being recruited by other schools!! Off the top I can think of nearly 6-7 athletes who have options. C'mon coaches.

[quote name="3apantherfan" post="712394" timestamp="1258668676"]
How is liberty looking?

Kinda surprised Fitzwater is on Varsity! Nothing against him really, just i didn't think he was physical enough for the varsity game!

But obviously the coach knows something that i don't!
[/quote]  I was impressed with one player Liberty had on their team. The big fella!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder