Hull-Daisetta: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em, You Gotta Read This!!!

I just want to mention some of the legendary Bobcats that played during the 43 game winning streak.
Chuffy Duty, Hubert Taylor, Junior Johnston, Fritz Rogers, Clayton Biggs, Bethel Davis, Joe Boothe, Frank Rowell, Ray Pietre, Warren and William Clark, Curley Strawn and Curtis Barrett. You men were not just Friday night heroes, most of you beloved Bobcats gave the ultimate sacrifice for your Country. Thanks for the tradition and the Freedom. You men will never be forgotten.

[quote name="Colmesneilfan1" post="709325" timestamp="1258337620"]
That's a great article....I enjoyed reading it....thanks....
[/quote]

I think this is pretty awesome myself. The boys are gonna have to read this, great locker room material. Shows the pride and tradition of being a Hull-Daisetta Bobcat and where it all started.

To go along with this, I think it's a great motivator for the Cats playing 11-0 Lovelady. It's 70 years ago to the week that the 43-0 Bobcats were beaten by a team that believed they could win when nobody else thought they could. Also, 30 years ago to the week the Bobcats started their playoff push that saw the Cats march through 6 teams (4 of which were undefeated and HD was an under-dog in each of those games) on the way to a state championship!

Let's go Bobcats!!!!

That was a very good read.  My grandfather, Alton Young, and his brother, Horace, played on those H-D teams  Matter of fact, I have several pictures of the teams.  I also have some small strip-like (not negatives, pictures like the kind you get in a photo booth at the mall) of a Hull-Daisetta practice from 1939.  You can see a HB sweep among other things.  Very neat pictures!

highsky, i bet those pictures are really cool, and i'd love to run across some great stuff like that one day.

I thought the coolest thing in the whole article is when he talked about being in first grade and all the boys dreamed about was one day being on that football field and becoming a legendary Bobcat. I can still to this day remember those same feelings and just wanting to grow up and get out there on friday nights and be a hero. I also remember learning that it was not alright to lose to Hardin or West Hardin under any circumstances lol. Man, we gotta get that back in our kids today and I think Coach Slack is doing a good job with that. ;D

[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="710810" timestamp="1258484460"]
highsky, i bet those pictures are really cool, and i'd love to run across some great stuff like that one day.

I thought the coolest thing in the whole article is when he talked about being in first grade and all the boys dreamed about was one day being on that football field and becoming a legendary Bobcat. I can still to this day remember those same feelings and just wanting to grow up and get out there on friday nights and be a hero. I also remember learning that it was not alright to lose to Hardin or West Hardin under any circumstances lol. Man, we gotta get that back in our kids today and I think Coach Slack is doing a good job with that. ;D
[/quote]

I tried to post one of the pics that I do have on my flash drive, but, for some reason, I couldn't upload it.  It was a pic of my grandfather with 2 other HD players in a 3 point stance.  One of the fellows was Hubert Davis, I believe (off the top of my head) but I can't remember who the other was.  I have 2-3 team pics and several others with just 2-3 players in them.

HDBobcat9 I remember being in elementary and going to watch the games on friday nights.  Being young it was like watching professional football players, they seemed so big and almost famous at least in HD.  Your right losing to WH and Hardin was never acceptable. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder