Crosby vs. Montgomery

Guest Lights.Out10

Guest seniorbear10
I guess they don't have computers in Crosby?!  Can anyone give them a tin can on a string so I can tell them how much they suk?  I can;t wait til tomorrow, cuz the butt whuppin is a comin'!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="seniorbear10" post="712329" timestamp="1258662360"]
I figured on a Crosby board, y'all would speak up for ur boyz?!  Guess you know whatz comin.  
[/quote]

Why say anything he just gave the best bulletin board material of the year. I'll personally email this one to the Head Coach... Thank you your possibly the dumbest person i've ever seen.

That weak secondary Should be ready... That Weak Offensive line put the hurt to an all state line earlier this year (Dayton), and that QB thats alright is being heavily pursued By AM, with calls etc. from LSU, Houston, TCU, and a host of others... or and that RB hes not very good just ask Nederland... they'll tell yeah how horrible of a player he is.

He must of watched the first two games of the season and nothing since...

Go coogs lets see if the weak secondary can you know pick that ball off about 5 times...

I love how this kid assumes his quaterback will have a head after this game.

This is whats gonna happen to your QB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_JJeAyU56I

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="Cougtalk" post="713158" timestamp="1258747518"]
[quote author=seniorbear10 link=topic=62450.msg712329#msg712329 date=1258662360]
I figured on a Crosby board, y'all would speak up for ur boyz?!  Guess you know whatz comin. 
[/quote]

Why say anything he just gave the bets bulletin board material of the yearI'll personally email this one to the Head Coach... Thank you your possibly the dumbest person ive ever seen.

That weak secondary Should be ready... That Weak Offensive line put the hurt to an all state line earlier this year (Dayton), [b]and that QB thats alright is being heavily pursued By AM[/b], with calls etc. from LSU, Houston, TCU, and a host of others... or and that RB hes not very good just ask Nederland... they'll tell yeah how horrible of a player he is.

He must of watched the first to games of the season and nothing since...

[/quote]

Would not brag too much about A&M recruiting him. Might give the wrong impressions. ;D

Best of Luck Coogs! Do 19-4A Proud!

[quote name="GCMPats" post="713163" timestamp="1258747695"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=62450.msg713158#msg713158 date=1258747518]
[quote author=seniorbear10 link=topic=62450.msg712329#msg712329 date=1258662360]
I figured on a Crosby board, y'all would speak up for ur boyz?!  Guess you know whatz comin. 
[/quote]

Why say anything he just gave the bets bulletin board material of the yearI'll personally email this one to the Head Coach... Thank you your possibly the dumbest person ive ever seen.

That weak secondary Should be ready... That Weak Offensive line put the hurt to an all state line earlier this year (Dayton), [b]and that QB thats alright is being heavily pursued By AM[/b], with calls etc. from LSU, Houston, TCU, and a host of others... or and that RB hes not very good just ask Nederland... they'll tell yeah how horrible of a player he is.

He must of watched the first to games of the season and nothing since...

[/quote]

Would not brag too much about A&M recruiting him. Might give the wrong impressions. ;D

Best of Luck Coogs! Do 19-4A Proud!
[/quote]

LSU AND TCU ARE IN THIER TOO! Nah but thier who is spending the msot time with him regardless.

[quote name="seniorbear10" post="713125" timestamp="1258745104"]
I guess they don't have computers in Crosby?!  Can anyone give them a tin can on a string so I can tell them how much they suk?  I can;t wait til tomorrow, cuz the butt whuppin is a comin'!
[/quote]
Well here is my cheer for the Coogs through my tin can and string!

Guest GCMPats
[size=14pt]Cougars believe win starts with D [/size]

By Nathan Hague
The Baytown Sun
Published November 20, 2009

CROSBY — If the best offense is a good defense, then the Crosby Cougars’ offense should be in pretty good shape as they look to take on Montgomery today at 2 p.m.

After starting off 0-2, the Cougars went back to the drawing board and they started with the defense.

Defensive players like Cameron Trench, Dylan Judy, M.J. Mathis, Luke Porter, Johnny McKinney, Zane Harber, Wesley Holloway and Donnie Webster are a big reason the Cougars are in the Class 4A Division I area-round playoff game. The game is set for Spring’s Leonard George Stadium.

“We went back to what we had been doing the last seven or eight years,” Defensive Coordinator Chuck McKeon said. “We switched back from man coverage to the Cover 2 defense.”

The reason they made the change in the first place was due to personnel changes.

“We came through the summer and thought we would need six or seven men in the box to stop the run because not one of our defensive lineman were returning,” McKeon said. “That didn’t seem to work how we hoped and it seemed to be too soft so we went back to the zone.”

Ever since then, the defense has carried the team on its shoulders and helped earn its way to a 9-2 record, 7-0 in District 19-4A and a spot in the second round of the playoffs.

“I think that contributed a lot to the turnaround,” McKeon said. “We forced more turnovers. We didn’t give up as many yards and touchdowns but we got our defense off the field and gave good field position to the offense.”

Coaches say the defense is stacked with talent and leadership. The team is confident in its shut down corners, Trench and Mathis. Flanigan calls his senior linebacker Judy the “quarterback of the defense” and attributes a lot of the success to senior Porter. Just a couple weeks ago, when they took on Bay City, Mathis had three interceptions in the first half.

Head coach Kevin Flanigan said, “They weren’t throwing to the other side because Cameron (Trench) was doing a great job of shutting it down, and M.J. was in the right spot to pick off those passes.”

Others contributing to the defense’s success include players such as McKinney, Harber, Holloway and Webster, and the Cougars will need all the help they can get from those guys to come away with a win over Montgomery.

“They have 300-pound linemen and they like to pound the ball so we’re going to focus on stopping the run if we want to win this game,” Judy said. “We have high expectations for this team, but we also know it will be a tough game.”

“They have a lot of size and athleticism upfront,” McKeon said. “Their running back, No. 25 (Leroy Dobbins) is a good player who stretches the defenses from sideline to sideline. We need to do all we can to contain him.”

Dobbins is closing in on 2,500 rushing yards and has 23 touchdowns on the ground.

Montgomery currently holds an overall record of 9-2 and a district record of 5-2.

If the change in defense is what made the difference in helping them win nine straight games, then perhaps the Cougars will be able to add one more as they hope to find out that defense does win championships.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote name="etbu" post="714754" timestamp="1258846897"]
Went to the game and I I have two questions for the Coogs. How in the world did you loose to PNG and get blown out by Ennis? Good job and your qb is a beast.
[/quote]

haha want the cliche answer? We played cover 2 against these teams and not against PNG or Ennis =P

[quote name="etbu" post="714904" timestamp="1258853254"]
Your QB reminds me of the kid Sorenson sp from Texas High going to OSU. Just hope he does not get hurt lowering that shoulder.
[/quote]

Hahha other people are more likely to get hurt from him lowering that shoulder than him.... but he also has a hell of a stiff arm!

Remember the play he ran for like 55 yards and the two guys were following him and he was like swatting them off, heck one of those plays i saw LT for a second with that stiff arm.

Hes fun to watch and we get to watch him for a whole nother season,

The cover 2 defense gave up 300 yds passing in the last 2 games..We have to have the worst secondary in the Houston area...But we won,same as last week giving up 400 yards of offense...Its not defense winning these games when your giving up these kind of yards...Our offense is blowing away people with the run game,but the secondary lets people back in the game......

[quote name="bigdaddyblue" post="714985" timestamp="1258855548"]
The cover 2 defense gave up 300 yds passing in the last 2 games..We have to have the worst secondary in the Houston area...But we won,same as last week giving up 400 yards of offense...Its not defense winning these games when your giving up these kind of yards...Our offense is blowing away people with the run game,but the secondary lets people back in the game......
[/quote]

Still playing bro who cares?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder