Vidor Vs. Dayton/Dayton wins 28-14 and advances to play Waller/Comments

Guest JoesBros

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game Vidor. See you next year in the playoffs.

COncerning the Broncos I think that we looked  well young and inexperienced on both sides of the ball tonight. Probably due to nerves these boys have put a lot of expectations on themselves this year.
I think our defensive line stood out, really good plays by Evan Brown and Jordan Baxter. I would like to see us get set at line backer it seems that we are still searching for that right combination.  Offensively I would sure like to see us get the ball in Paytons hands more especially on those 3rd down conversions. we are gonna have to tighten it up if we are gonna make a run and I have no doubt that Coach Stewart will get it done.

[quote name="outrider52" post="708530" timestamp="1258259795"]
Lowest yardage output of the year for Vidor and I would bet near that for Dayton too.
[/quote]

Heck of a game Vidor....nothing to hang your heads about.  I wouldn't get onto that coach...that was the best defensive gameplan anyone's had against Dayton in jesus, as long as I can remember.  That may be the lowest yardage total in a good 3 or 4 years.  Contained Dayton's runs and kept Dayton's skill players out of space except for really 5 or 6 plays.  Fortunately we've got guys that turn blown assignments into td's because there weren't many opportunities against the Vidor D tonight.  Hard hitting game tonight....counted at least 3 de-cleaters apiece.

The game was won in the trenches.Vidor played some great defense tonight and kudos to the Pirates one of the best show of sportsman ship by the players and coaches by both after the game.Those that missed it-Well you missed a slobberknocker slamin w/big hits both ways.A very physical game.Kudos out to one great Vidor Pirate Band.Wow shame on you if you didn't stand and clap for their performance.A crowd tonight much bigger and louder than the earlier college game.Vidor is all about CLASS.

[quote name="piratefan" post="708620" timestamp="1258267360"]
 toucrazy I am tellin you your not going to bad mouth anyone on here.especially a coach.
Great job Pirates! better game then what the score says.Pirates will be back..Congrats coach  Mathews and the whole Pirate program to getting to that next level..keep your heads up!
[/quote]

Yea sorry I don't get that one....I think he actually did a whale of a job.  Kept a really good offense in check for most of the night.  Vidor's kids played their censored's off tonight and that's all you can ask of a coach!

Congrats Dayton and good luck the rest of the way.

Great season Pirates, the kids and coaches really put a heck of a season together.  This year was the most fun I've had watching HS football in a LOOOOOONNNNNGGGG Time.  Congrats to everyone involved in putting such a special season together. I for one am glad we have such a great group of coaches to lead our kids.

congrats Bronco's on the win ! Keep it moving forward ! Vidor, man, you guys are a great team. I feel you could have pulled this one out if not for the turnovers and some untimely penalties. Ya'lls first drive stalled with a fumble. I was yelling at the radio saying NO NO !!! I wanted our brothers in arms in 20-4A to win. Great team and a Great coach. Don't let some idiot on here tell you otherwise. No turnovers and this game would have probably turned out differently !!! now lets try and get you PIRATES behind the Jags and NDN's !!! I can hardly wait to see what you Pirates put on the field next year !!!

[quote name="toucrazy" post="708479" timestamp="1258257674"]
always waits till late in the game to try something new and not even practice half of the crap u have to mix it the plays and keep the def on there toes when u do the same few plays over and over game in and game out your going to loose
[/quote]
If I'm correct and I think I am, that coach ended a long playoff drought. He must be doing something right. Congrats to vidor on a great season, good luck broncos.

[size=12pt]I only missed 2 games this season Ozen and Nederland... one due to weather i didn't want my kids in and the other i was out of town... I will say my hat is off to Coach Mathews and the entire Vidor staff for this season... To the kids you have nothing to hang your head about!! You did a great job and I am very proud of you!! To the people in the stands who cheer for a play that works then bitch about how the sorry the coach is when it doesn't GET A LIFE! I heard nothing but great things about Dozier and his rugby kick when it worked... then when it didn't Coach Mathews was STUPID for even trying it.... that burns my ass! These kids and coaches put in tremendous amount of time and effort to put forth a great effort and for the most part they did and excellent job! But do not come on here and ruin a great season for these kids by spouting your stupidity about a couple of plays!!!

I think the game against Dayton was a game for the ages!! We handed them everything they wanted and more!! A poster said earlier that a couple of plays different and this could of been a different out come... I agree whole heartedly but I am not taking any thing away from Dayton... they did what a team is suppose to do and capitalized on our mistakes...

GREAT SEASON! GREAT FOOTBALL! EXCELLENT PROGRAM! VIDOR PROUD! PIRATE PRIDE!

Good luck to Dayton in the weeks to come... I seen about 8 Waller coaches in our stands last night watching this game and they never did smile not one time about anything they seen.... I am not sure they were really wanting to face either of these teams...

Coach Mathews you and your staff are doing a great job in Vidor!! Hats off to you.... If I know these coaches... its 1 week off and start working on next season... WOOO HOOO CONGRATS PIRATES ON A GREAT SEASON!!!

Good luck to all Sr Pirates in their journey of life!!!

Pirate underclassman... you have now felt what it is like to play past District... keep that feeling in you and desire for it next year work for it next year and want to taste it again next year!!!

Pirate Fan turning into Southeast Team backer until they are all out of playoffs!!!! GOOD LUCK![/size]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833