3 of the AP 4A top 10 teams lost tonight

PNG1992

[quote name="babyshoe" post="700412" timestamp="1257575135"]
Possibly #5??? 
[/quote]

It depends on how far Denton Guyer falls. They probably wont fall that far IMO. PNG could be as high as #5 but Id guess #6. There were 4 teams not 3 that lost tonight. I left off Midway who also lost.

[quote name="rollinac" post="700884" timestamp="1257624860"]
No it's not....Lake Travis is the best team in 4A.
[/quote]

Lake Travis is better this year than any of the past two years.  A good friend fo mine has a son who is their starting middle linebacker.  Been watching a few clips here and there from him.  They are just simply great on both sides of the ball.  By the way, his son used to play for PNG when he was a Freshman.   

[quote name="SD2009" post="701111" timestamp="1257637893"]
png will stay the same or drop cuz they should have lost to central. extremely lucky
[/quote]

ROTFLMAO

[quote name="SD2009" post="701111" timestamp="1257637893"]
png will stay the same or drop cuz they should have lost to central. extremely lucky
[/quote]
you must be either a BH fan or a Angleton fan ? Dude you must have taken your helmet off while walking and hit your head on a limb or something !

Yeah, Central totally gave the game away.  With the fumble we had on the 5 yard line about to score and another that we made on the 20 and the central defender ran it 80 yds. all the way back for a td.  I believe the luck last night was going both ways my friend.  I guess PNG didn't give it away either.  All you folks seem to remember are the last 45 seconds of the game.  Remember, the game is 48 minutes long.  And last night, it was about 70 minutes long.

[quote name="NDNTime" post="701266" timestamp="1257647823"]
Yeah, Central totally gave the game away.  With the fumble we had on the 5 yard line about to score and another that we made on the 20 and the central defender ran it 80 yds. all the way back for a td.  I believe the luck last night was going both ways my friend.  I guess PNG didn't give it away either.  All you folks seem to remember are the last 45 seconds of the game.  Remember, the game is 48 minutes long.  And last night, it was about 70 minutes long.
[/quote]

Doesn't matter...awesome game between the two but 20-4A is a crap shoot.  Lake Travis will be three-peating.  End of discussion.

[quote name="D3zii" post="701399" timestamp="1257657842"]
Dont care what yall talking bout..As far as im concerned Central gone Play LT Before the state Game win and go on to State and Win THE D1 State Championship..But the players have to believe they can do it
[/quote]

Would love to see that upset happen...but it won't.  You could take Central's best players, are you listening, BEST PLAYERS mind you, multiply them by 5, that's LT's offense and i'm not even talking about 2nd or 3rd string.  Ok, you still with me D3Z, now do that formula again, then you will have LT's defense.  See where I'm going with this.

I was hoping that one of our 13-4a teams would make a deep run this year but not so sure now. Longview may get there but don't see them winning it. IF Marshall plays like they are capable of there is not a faster team in the state in the bracket. However they are so up and down. Lake Travis and the Dallas area teams are going to be tough but who knows right? Its Texas football.  ;D

[quote name="etbu" post="701478" timestamp="1257688258"]
I was hoping that one of our 13-4a teams would make a deep run this year but not so sure now. Longview may get there but don't see them winning it. IF Marshall plays like they are capable of there is not a faster team in the state in the bracket. However they are so up and down. Lake Travis and the Dallas area teams are going to be tough but who knows right? Its Texas football.  ;D
[/quote]
true dat

[quote name="liltex" post="701481" timestamp="1257688383"]
Ya'll already played LT-What happened in the game Livingston,Texas ;D
[/quote]

Bro we have not played LT this year. Hope Dayton and our local teams tear it up.

First know that rankings are useless. Is
it fun to see your team in the top 10? Heck yeah! But in the end it is usually inaccurate unless there is a no brainer or two to up at the top. About all I have seen of value over the years is that one of the top 25 will be the eventual State Champ.

Second, we will NEVER have a state champ from this area until there is a staff that comes along that has two things to work with
a. A lot of raw talent.
B. A staff with the desire and  ability to motivate their players both present and up an coming to sell their souls to football and commit themselves to the incredible dedication it takes to be undeniable. That's not just football , that's life but it's super important in competitive sports where talent is never enough.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33