Prayers to the PNG fan who got sick at the PNG/Central game

PNG1992

I pray for him.  I saw the ambulance over there.  I got word from my PN-G Contact wh was sitting by the man and his wife that he caught a heart attack.  They tried to bring him to with the electric shocks to no avail.  I hope that he was revived in the hospital, but it didn't look good at all.  He was cheering from the blocked kick.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="700280" timestamp="1257572442"]
I pray for him.  I saw the ambulance over there.  I got word from my PN-G Contact wh was sitting by the man and his wife that he caught a heart attack.  They tried to bring him to with the electric shocks to no avail.  I hope that he was revived in the hospital, but it didn't look good at all.  He was cheering from the blocked kick.
[/quote]

I heard it was bad also.  Have been praying for them since it happened.

[quote name="sports fan 4ever" post="702645" timestamp="1257795385"]
His name is Bobby Davenport.  He was revived in the stands and is in ICU.  Not sure which hospital.  Bobby is a really good man and a BIG fan of all that is PNG.  Had the pleasure of working with him for years with Port Neches Little League.  Prayers go out to Bobby, Barbara and the kids.
[/quote]Good to hear that he's ok. 

There were at least three men, maybe more, from the community that were sitting near Mr. Davenport that acted quickly and began CPR without hesitation.  One is a refinery worker, one a PN Fireman, I'm not sure what the other does, but they probably saved this mans life!  I am a Registered Nurse and know that in a situation like this, quick, effective CPR can make the difference between life and death, and this man may very well have LIFE because of these brave men!  There are truly angels among us!  He is not out of the woods yet, but I hear he is responding to treatment and they are going to try to wean him off the ventilator so they can do a heart cath to check the extent of the damage that was done to his heart muscle, and see if there are any other problems.  I'm pretty sure he is at St. E in ICU.  All this information was given by a friend that is close to the family.  Please continue to pray for him and his family!  Thank you all from the bottom of our "Purple" hearts!

OMG I'm terribly sorry to hear that.  I saw the Ambulance and the fire trucks start from the overflow seating and thought one of the players was injured.  Prayers go out as well from Dayton.  Is there a website or address that we could send get well cards or anything to pick up his spirits?  Those really helped my dad during his heart attack.

[quote name="rollinac" post="703175" timestamp="1257826889"]
OMG I'm terribly sorry to hear that.  I saw the Ambulance and the fire trucks start from the overflow seating and thought one of the players was injured.  Prayers go out as well from Dayton.  Is there a website or address that we could send get well cards or anything to pick up his spirits?  Those really helped my dad during his heart attack.
[/quote]

So far I haven't heard of a website or address for greeting cards, but I will see if I can find out!  That is a very nice gesture, thank you very much!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124