Denton Ryan v. Denton Guyer on FSN

NDNTime

[quote name="GigemDoc" post="698709" timestamp="1257516807"]
Tivy is not a metroplex team... more like centex and it took a amazing strip by AJ Dugat and a last second FG for Dayton to beat them in a very physical ballgame.  Also, I think that if you look in recent years the DFW metroplex gets a lot of hype because they have a lot of talented teams packed very close.  Examples including Southlake Carroll, Allen, Trinity, Birdville, Highland Park, Ennis, Denison, Denton Guyer and Ryan.  Those schools plus the Dallas and FW isd schools (see Carter, Skyline, and Dunbar) tend to produce a ton of D1 guys with speed.  I would say most of your BIG name talent down here comes from a bit closer to the bigger city Katy, Cypress-Spring , FB, Aldine, Alief ect.  to boot in recent years alot of state champs have come out of those places I just named.  Bottom line lager population density = bigger talent pool.  Throw in East-Tex like Lufkin, Tyler and I bet you I could find a pretty good crop of college talent.  Don't believe me checkout UT, A&M, & even OU and OSU's roster.
[/quote] No one is arguing the fact that D-FW teams are good and so should they be with their dense population. That's why the UIL created D1&D11 classifications and even then theres sometimes as much as 1000 student  difference between top and bottom of some D1&d11 schools if UIL would close that gap you would see a lot more parity in the playoffs. As of now the bigger schools hold the unfair advantage,but that's  where coaching and conditioning come into play some programs are far superior to others no matter what the talent pool is. Hence a little country school like Dayton  could more than hang with all the big Metro schools every year in the p layoffs. Example: Tivy beat C. Steele( big DFW metro school) last year and Steele was the only team that was competitive against Lake Travis in 4a D1 playoffs. All the pollsters picked Tivy to win over Dayton, but they were wrong !  Dayton has two D-1 true freshmen starting for major university's this year and host of other freshmen for smaller colleges-- talent is always delegated to the big boy schools.

Both teams are loaded with D1 prospects. Scotty Young from Ryan is considered the top QB in 2010. Guyers QB JW Walsh is fighting for the top spot in 2011 with Beltons David Ash. Bud Sasser from Ryan is just sick. Taylor Bible fron Guyer is the best DT in Texas right now and there are many more D1 guys on both teams.

[quote name="WTB" post="699162" timestamp="1257546909"]
Both teams are loaded with D1 prospects. Scotty Young from Ryan is considered the top QB in 2010. Guyers QB JW Walsh is fighting for the top spot in 2011 with Beltons David Ash. Bud Sasser from Ryan is just sick. Taylor Bible fron Guyer is the best DT in Texas right now and there are many more D1 guys on both teams.
[/quote]

Division 1 players all over the field last night.  The TV didn't do justice as to just how big and fast both Ryan and Guyer are.  I've seen them both in person and it's unreal.

[quote name="alphadog" post="699173" timestamp="1257547419"]
Hey SD. You can tell those DFW schools to come down to the triangle and get a couple @$$ whippins.
[/quote]

I think it would be awesome if a team would call Coach Gillespie from Stephenville to set up a game the next two years. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder