Denton Ryan v. Denton Guyer on FSN

NDNTime

[quote name="liltex" post="698535" timestamp="1257479697"]
Proves nobody can predict who the top 25 teams are doesn't it?Sooner or later they'll come around to their senses and show some love to SETX.
[/quote]
both those teams are ranked in the top 15.? they would beat any 4a team around here.

[quote name="SD2009" post="698585" timestamp="1257483049"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=61927.msg698580#msg698580 date=1257482642]
Remains to be seen.Pollsters are biased to Metoplex teams not because they are better because of marketing their product.
[/quote]
no.... they are better. the talent up there is 3 times better!
[/quote] That's what Tivy said before they ran into Dayton last year ! The best team Dayton faced in the playoffs was the first round Livingston SETX team,the rest were moot except Sulphur Springs .

[quote name="SD2009" post="698585" timestamp="1257483049"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=61927.msg698580#msg698580 date=1257482642]
Remains to be seen.Pollsters are biased to Metoplex teams not because they are better because of marketing their product.
[/quote]
no.... they are better. the talent up there is [b]3 times better[/b]!
[/quote]

How exactly do you quantify that??  ;)

Tivy is not a metroplex team... more like centex and it took a amazing strip by AJ Dugat and a last second FG for Dayton to beat them in a very physical ballgame.  Also, I think that if you look in recent years the DFW metroplex gets a lot of hype because they have a lot of talented teams packed very close.  Examples including Southlake Carroll, Allen, Trinity, Birdville, Highland Park, Ennis, Denison, Denton Guyer and Ryan.  Those schools plus the Dallas and FW isd schools (see Carter, Skyline, and Dunbar) tend to produce a ton of D1 guys with speed.  I would say most of your BIG name talent down here comes from a bit closer to the bigger city Katy, Cypress-Spring , FB, Aldine, Alief ect.  to boot in recent years alot of state champs have come out of those places I just named.  Bottom line lager population density = bigger talent pool.  Throw in East-Tex like Lufkin, Tyler and I bet you I could find a pretty good crop of college talent.  Don't believe me checkout UT, A&M, & even OU and OSU's roster.

[quote name="GigemDoc" post="698709" timestamp="1257516807"]
Tivy is not a metroplex team... more like centex and it took a amazing strip by AJ Dugat and a last second FG for Dayton to beat them in a very physical ballgame.  Also, I think that if you look in recent years the DFW metroplex gets a lot of hype because they have a lot of talented teams packed very close.  Examples including Southlake Carroll, Allen, Trinity, Birdville, Highland Park, Ennis, Denison, Denton Guyer and Ryan.  Those schools plus the Dallas and FW isd schools (see Carter, Skyline, and Dunbar) tend to produce a ton of D1 guys with speed.  I would say most of your BIG name talent down here comes from a bit closer to the bigger city Katy, Cypress-Spring , FB, Aldine, Alief ect.  to boot in recent years alot of state champs have come out of those places I just named.  Bottom line lager population density = bigger talent pool.  Throw in East-Tex like Lufkin, Tyler and I bet you I could find a pretty good crop of college talent.  Don't believe me checkout UT, A&M, & even OU and OSU's roster.
[/quote]

good post

population density is the big factor in there.

[quote name="GigemDoc" post="698709" timestamp="1257516807"]
[/quote]

All of those are big time schools but don't forget about Aledo just outside of Fort Worth.  They smacked the afore mentioned Birdville in the mouth last night.

[quote name="dayton" post="698717" timestamp="1257517130"]
[quote author=GigemDoc link=topic=61927.msg698709#msg698709 date=1257516807]
[/quote]

good post

[/quote]
exactly why i said they are 3 times better is because they have 3 times the talent to choose from and even if they get hurt they have someone just as good to back them up.

[quote name="SD2009" post="698728" timestamp="1257517561"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=61927.msg698717#msg698717 date=1257517130]
[/quote]

good post

[/quote]
exactly why i said they are 3 times better is because they have 3 times the talent to choose from and even if they get hurt they have someone just as good to back them up.
[/quote]

I knew what you meant.  :) ;)

There are nine class 4A districts in the metroplex.  That's more than all of Region III.  With that many teams there are bound to be some good ones, and some really tough districts.  PNG could win some of those districts and struggle to make the playoffs in others,  It's not that the players are 3 times better,  and there is so much more depth, it's that there are so many teams, and so many of the top teams play each other.  

[quote name="Lost in Leakey" post="698757" timestamp="1257519447"]
There are nine class 4A districts in the metroplex.  That's more than all of Region III.  With that many teams there are bound to be some good ones, and some really tough districts.  PNG could win some of those districts and struggle to make the playoffs in others,  It's not that the players are 3 times better,  and there is so much more depth, it's that there are so many teams, and so many of the top teams play each other.  

[/quote]
yeah i get your point but their are some superior athletes up there opposed to the ones down here.  they are so much bigger and faster it amazes me

[quote name="SD2009" post="698799" timestamp="1257521144"]
[quote author=Lost in Leakey link=topic=61927.msg698757#msg698757 date=1257519447]

[/quote]
yeah i get your point but their are some superior athletes up there opposed to the ones down here.  they are so much bigger and faster it amazes me
[/quote]

Are you referring to all of setx or just the mid county schools?

[quote name="NDNTime" post="698726" timestamp="1257517524"]
[/quote]

All of those are big time schools but don't forget about Aledo just outside of Fort Worth.  They smacked the afore mentioned Birdville in the mouth last night.
[/quote]

Aledo is only about 10 minutes outside of Ft. Worth and Stephenville's only an hour away......We will play each other in Round 2 of the playoffs

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder