PN-G Indians vs Austin LT Cavaliers-State Championship Game

Guest Ranger83

[quote name="Layingemdown" post="697254" timestamp="1257377545"]
I'll tell you what is wrong with it from the outside looking in.

You appear to be a bit obsessed with hating PNG for some reason.  Probably because they are well represented on here, and the FANS (<---------- notice the FANS), who are usually over confident, are not shy about it.  If my favorite band in the history of music was New Kids on the Block, and came to a music forum to talk about music, more than likely, I am going to talk about the New Kids on the Block and how great they are.  People that can't stand the New Kids on the Block are going to make fun of me and will question why they think that their albums are so good.  However, in the end, no matter what the naysayers tell me (the FAN), it is not going to change my opinion of the New Kids on the Block.  My perception is that they are the best band on the earth, and nothing anyone says will change that.

Apparantly you have realized this about PNG FANS, so instead of arguing about it (which you got tired of), you are agreeing with them in a very sarcastic way since you were unable to convince them of any other way.  You are what a lot of people deem as a button pusher.  You want PNG FANS to get mad at your ridiculously sarcastic prediction and then argue with you, just so you can say, "I know, thats what I'm saying, PNG is awesome".  It is a different route than the one that wasnt working for you.  

Hope you kind of understand how I see it.  But, just remember, I am on the outside of you looking in, so it may be a little hard to understand.

Besides, in the end, you got what you were looking for.....A response from a PNG FAN.....Congratulations.

By the way, since we are being sarcastic........New Kids of the Block ROCK!

[/quote]
that had nothing to do with this subject. wow....

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Squaw1" post="697417" timestamp="1257387069"]
We were sitting on the 50 for that game and saw all the others as well.  Dustin Long was truly a great qb-no denying that! Our running game was good, also.  BUT, our team was not truly balanced.  Without Dustin, we'd of been OK at best.  Dustin was responsible for beating Schertz.  We had good running backs that didn't get any playing time when we played for state and I still contend that had they ran more with the ball and mixed up the run/passing we could've won.  A running team can be beat, a passing team can be beat, but mix it up and do both and you have a great team.
[/quote]

I beg to differ, the 1999 team was very well balanced. I remember one of the local papers doing an article on how well balanced PNG was at some point during the playoffs. And as for the state title game, I remember that the running game was getting stuffed all night, except for the 40 yard TD by Wortham to start the 2nd half. I do agree that Dustin was pretty off that game.
Also, Dustin was a very important part of the success of the 99 team, but he wasn't the whole team. You need a good defense to stay in alot of those games that team played in, and the defense that year was very stout. That LaMarque game sums up the year for that 99 defensive squad.

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="697458" timestamp="1257388946"]
[quote author=UgotTRUCKED link=topic=61835.msg697444#msg697444 date=1257388341]
You PNG guys claim to know what Ranger83 is up to and yet you still respond!  :) Feed the monster and it grows! But admit it, he is funny.
[/quote]
Yes Yes his lack of football knowledge is rather funny. Kuddos for making us laugh so hard we cry. ;D
[/quote]

I know that each team has 11 offensive and 11 defensive players. I also know that football is suited to all sizes of athletes. Larger athletes generally play on the offensive and defensive lines — what are called the trenches. Leaner athletes who are faster and quicker generally play the skill positions, such as quarterback, running back, and receiver. But no matter how big or how talented you are, you must have inner courage to play football. This game requires strength and perseverance. If you don’t believe you’re tough enough to play, then you probably shouldn’t try.

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="Layingemdown" post="697254" timestamp="1257377545"]

You appear to be a bit obsessed with hating PNG for some reason.  Probably because they are well represented on here, and the FANS (<---------- notice the FANS), who are usually over confident, are not shy about it.  If my favorite band in the history of music was New Kids on the Block, and came to a music forum to talk about music, more than likely, I am going to talk about the New Kids on the Block and how great they are.  People that can't stand the New Kids on the Block are going to make fun of me and will question why they think that their albums are so good.  However, in the end, no matter what the naysayers tell me (the FAN), it is not going to change my opinion of the New Kids on the Block.  My perception is that they are the best band on the earth, and nothing anyone says will change that.

Apparantly you have realized this about PNG FANS, so instead of arguing about it (which you got tired of), you are agreeing with them in a very sarcastic way since you were unable to convince them of any other way.  You are what a lot of people deem as a button pusher.  You want PNG FANS to get mad at your ridiculously sarcastic prediction and then argue with you, just so you can say, "I know, thats what I'm saying, PNG is awesome".  It is a different route than the one that wasnt working for you.  

Hope you kind of understand how I see it.  But, just remember, I am on the outside of you looking in, so it may be a little hard to understand.

Besides, in the end, you got what you were looking for.....A response from a PNG FAN.....Congratulations.

By the way, since we are being sarcastic........New Kids of the Block ROCK!

[/quote]

I just loved Donnie. He was so GANGSTA!
But I did not care much for NKOTB! Man, they just did not seem the same after that. It's so cool that you like them too! OMG! Maybe we could be BFF's!

LOL :)

[quote name="Lost in Leakey" post="697403" timestamp="1257385853"]
Kendal Briles did not impress me vs Denton Ryan in 2000 Semifinals.  He was under constant pressure and did not have much of a chance to make plays. The final was Denton Ryan 55 Wolfforth Frenship 22.  Briles signed with UT and went on to play safety for his Dad at Houston.
[/quote]You must have missed the Stevenville - PNG 1999 Final game

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="fwstangs" post="697603" timestamp="1257396374"]
[quote author=NDN79 link=topic=61835.msg697365#msg697365 date=1257383617]
So what happens if your precious angleton team doesn't make it to a game against PN-G ? HMM ? That would be stinking HILARIOUS!! ;D
[/quote]

Me thinks PNG will lose before Angelton! Odds??
[/quote]

Even

To SD2009

[quote name="Ranger83" post="696726" timestamp="1257348779"]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=61835.msg696709#msg696709 date=1257347983]
[quote author=Ranger83 link=topic=61835.msg696699#msg696699 date=1257347088]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=61835.msg696688#msg696688 date=1257346558]
The amount of pen1s envy on this sight is amazing.

Let's see. You can't bring yourselves to an educated discussion about a possible match-up so you resort to trash talking and name calling (which is fine by me due to the middle school level quality of debate coming from the opposing side).

When you stop chasing your tail and realize you are back at square one with a mediocre team and limited chance to win you have to play the smartarse and bring up a game that will not happen and 99% of PN-G fans realize would be a very long shot to compete in. What point are you making. That you are not very funny?

It never fails to amaze me how many OTHER teams fans find the need to interject their opinion into a PN-G discussion.

I understand it is hard to like us when you can't be us.
[/quote]

I was not trying to be funny. This is serious a serious discussion for informed football fans ONLY!

You have to have an enviable pen1s in order for it to be envied. That throws your argument out of the proverbial window.
[/quote]

Nice try. You threw serious out the window with your sarcastic post. It is ok. Most people on this site see you jokers for what you are.

[/quote]

This posting is a serious discussion about the impending game between PNG and LT. I read over 20 pages on a similar thread about how great PNG really is. Since I am uneducated, I can only assume that the only logical conclusion to this football season is to match the two best teams in the State. I happen to think Lake Travis is one of those teams. Therefore, based on the superior genetics and football intelect of the PNG fans, the other team would have to be the Indians. What is so wrong with that?
[/quote]

To SD2009

I answered his question from earlier.  He was asking what was wrong with his post.  Do you need to take a reading comprehension class?  Try to really read what the thread is about next time before making yourself look ridiculous with dumb posts like "WOW"

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="Layingemdown" post="697619" timestamp="1257398261"]
By the way Ranger, your little picture ROCKS!!!!!!! wo oh oh oh wo ho bm bm bm bm bm bm wo oh oh oh oh WE'RE ROUGH.
[/quote]

Everybody's always talkin' 'bout who's on top
      Don't cross our path 'cause you're gonna get stomped
      We ain't gonna give anybody any slack
      And if you try to keep us down we're gonna come right back
      And you know we're hangin' tough
      Hangin' tough, hangin' tough,
      Are you tough enough?
      Hangin' tough, Hangin' tough, hangin' tough,
      We're rough

Everbody scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="SD2009" post="697543" timestamp="1257392439"]
[quote author=Layingemdown link=topic=61835.msg697254#msg697254 date=1257377545]

By the way, [b]since we are being sarcastic........New Kids of the Block ROCK![/b]

[/quote]
that had nothing to do with this subject. wow....
[/quote]

Thank goodness you concluded w/ that line........I was starting to get worried.  ;)

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="698056" timestamp="1257446723"]
Yeah you indians need to get your heads on straight before Central stomps your team
[/quote]

Put A Shirt On Ron..Your Obesity Is Not Fattering..er I Mean Flattering... :D

[quote name="ice74" post="698054" timestamp="1257446602"]
Just being honest, I dont' see PNG making it to the State Championship. They are on a roll now but they are definitely beatable.
[/quote]with that ...statement ice 74....Can you give me a team name.... that is not beatable......we just hope to do the best we can do on friday night...

[quote name="Ranger83" post="696661" timestamp="1257345261"]
Based on what I've been reading, this is a no brain-er. Since my team and the teams I support have no chance next week, I thought I would just talk about something real.

I do not have access to all the stats that akifan has, but I attempted to look up some of the current players for both teams on Rivals.com. That pinko commie site had nothing on those boys from the Neches River Bottom! What's up with that?

Heck, the QB at LT, Michael Brewer, did not even start at QB last year. I bet LT's offensive line is no where near as BIG as PN-G's.

And defense? PNG #8! Nuff said!

Tradition? PNG hands down! LT was not even playing football in 1975! Look at what Lake Travis has done the past 10 years:

2008   16-0    4A D1 State Champions
2007   15-1    4A D2 State Champions    
2006     8-3    25 4-A District Champs
2005   11-1    Bi-District Champions
2004     8-3    27 4-A District Champs
2003     3-7    
2002     0-10  
2001     1-9    
2000      7-5    Bi-District Champions

We all know what happened in the past, stays in the past. We're talking about 2009! Right here! Right now!

PNG 52
LT     7    (LT will score late when PNG pulls the starters, AGAIN!)

[size=14pt]PNG Football: From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. From the inside looking out, you can't explain it.[/size]

[/quote]
You have lost your mind fella....hahahahahahahahahahahahaha 52-7hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha oh my side hurts

[quote name="LTrain" post="698916" timestamp="1257527820"]
[quote author=Ranger83 link=topic=61835.msg696661#msg696661 date=1257345261]
Based on what I've been reading, this is a no brain-er. Since my team and the teams I support have no chance next week, I thought I would just talk about something real.

I do not have access to all the stats that akifan has, but I attempted to look up some of the current players for both teams on Rivals.com. That pinko commie site had nothing on those boys from the Neches River Bottom! What's up with that?

Heck, the QB at LT, Michael Brewer, did not even start at QB last year. I bet LT's offensive line is no where near as BIG as PN-G's.

And defense? PNG #8! Nuff said!

Tradition? PNG hands down! LT was not even playing football in 1975! Look at what Lake Travis has done the past 10 years:

2008   16-0    4A D1 State Champions
2007   15-1    4A D2 State Champions    
2006     8-3    25 4-A District Champs
2005   11-1    Bi-District Champions
2004     8-3    27 4-A District Champs
2003     3-7    
2002     0-10  
2001     1-9    
2000      7-5    Bi-District Champions

We all know what happened in the past, stays in the past. We're talking about 2009! Right here! Right now!

PNG 52
LT     7    (LT will score late when PNG pulls the starters, AGAIN!)

[size=14pt]PNG Football: From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. From the inside looking out, you can't explain it.[/size]

[/quote]
You have lost your mind fella....hahahahahahahahahahahahaha 52-7hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha oh my side hurts
[/quote]

I hope you realize a PN-G fan did not write this but instead a 19-4A 45 year old man with the mentality of a 4 year old.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
    • He wasn’t fired, he was reassigned and people get reassigned all the time. If he was actually fired, then you would have a point, but he wasn’t fired. Based on the information presented here no way this would stand if they fired him and he lawyered up. 
    • I heard the assistant was going to get this job and assume it was referring to the old Vidor coach, Nate Smith.  I always thought he did more with less at Vidor and can't help but think he shares some responsibility in Vidor's recent success. 
    • Classic Bridge City.  Always someone else's fault, refs/umpires cheated, AD with an agenda, yada, yada, yada.  As far as I can tell it's damn near impossible to get fired at these schools so when someone does get fired, it's usually something.  Drama at Bridge City is a constant.  The guy did a good job coaching basketball and I'm sure he'll continue that somewhere else.  Time to move on.
  • Topics