NEED AN OPINION!

Guest RHH2244

Guest RHH2244
If you don't have a degree to coach, and if you have never coached the girls playing, should you be allowed to sit on the bench and yell at the girls? Should you be allowed to run your mouth about the girls while they are playing?
Before you answer, consider this:
It's a distraction to the team
It causes problems between the team and their head coach
It causes problems within the team itself....

As a fan, these are just things that I have noticed. I may be wrong. I won't reveal who I am speaking of. I want you guys to share your opinions. Please.  ???

[quote name="RHH2244" post="695882" timestamp="1257274327"]
I'll voice my opinion. It's a load of crap. I think some parent should put a stop to it because it's obvious the head coach isn't going to do it. It's not my place to walk up to anyone and tell them I have a problem with it, but I know for a fact that the girls on the team do.
[/quote]

i definitely agree with you. 

I was under the impression that you must have some type of a degree to coach. Sounds like you have an overaged manager. A manager is usually one of the students in charge of shaging balls, washing towels, and cleaning the locker room. This person definitely has no say (or should not have say) in how the team is utilized or how they play there game. My opinion :-\

No it's not right. However, there are coaches who have degrees who coach that way. I agree that someone should not coach that way...are you also saying that the fans in the stands who don't have a degree, most of the time do not know volleyball (even though they think they do)...should shut their mouths too? I think so. I think as fans, we should be supportative...but that's not often the case.

Guest HFGirlsSportsFan
There are always two sides to the story.  Perception does not always represent the truth.  A coach should never discuss one player with other players.  Degrees are overated.  Should coaches degreed or not be able to yell at their players, of course!  How about trying to act like an adult.  Schedule a time with the coach in question (not around a game) and bring up the problem.  Trying to cultivate a mob mentality by getting on a website and whine-ing isn't going to solve anything.

[quote name="CrazyLikeThat" post="696234" timestamp="1257297059"]
There are always two sides to the story.  Perception does not always represent the truth.  A coach should never discuss one player with other players.  Degrees are overated.  Should coaches degreed or not be able to yell at their players, of course!  How about trying to act like an adult.  Schedule a time with the coach in question (not around a game) and bring up the problem.  Trying to cultivate a mob mentality by getting on a website and whine-ing isn't going to solve anything.
[/quote] Excellent post Crazy....If the team you are talking about is in the playoffs you should be focused on that and not starting some grade school drama that does no one (players, coaches, parents or fans) any good....

I think some clarification is needed.  Is it a school employee who just sits on the bench?  Is it a parent? Is it another coach who thinks they are helping? It was not quite clear.  If it is a parent they need to be in the stands, if it is any of the others either the head coach or athletic director needs to be informed as to the reason they are there.  They will cause confusion with what is going on, but in order to really say more info is needed.

I agree with Old Doc.  I would need mor info. But, if it is someone who works with the players all the time I would say it's Ok.  However; if it's someone who does not work with the program, they should probably sit in the stands with the rest of us and voice their opinion whether wrong or right from the stands.  If the players are uneasy with this person they should discuss this matter with their coach ASAP!

[quote name="CTR*LPlayer" post="699051" timestamp="1257537269"]
In my opionion i dont think you have the right to say that while warren is in playoffs! She has done sooo much for the players this season........
[/quote]
This is what I was talking about.  There apparently is a lot more than the initial question.  I don't know what the reference is to "she has done sooo much for the players"  but If they are allowed to be there then everyone may want a chance to be there.  Then the coach loses control.  Appearantly someone does not have a problem that this person is on the bench.  Sounds like trouble to me.