BC 3-0 over OF.... Jordan Royal looks like the MVP for me this season

East TX

BCs team had a good set of games tonight...I would predict they will win out in remaining District play.

Maybe not...Domination... as we hear constantly; but Determination, would best describe this amazingly athletic-- short in height--well coordinated group of disciplined players.

"MVP" of the match should be Jordan Royal.......although BC pulled together and played as "one" last night......so the "MVT" should be the BC Lady Cardinals as they played outstanding "team" volleyball. MVP for the "season" is up for grabs as that's definitely not decided on one nights performance. Congrats to the entire Lady Cardinals volleyball team for a truly spirited performance!! One other thing to note was the fair and heads-up officiating which is something, IMO, that has been sorely missed all season long.

IMO, volleyball is a team sport so I try very hard to focus on the team and not the individual players. BC, for example, has proven this year if even one of the players has personal or physical issues then it hurts the entire team and performance is degraded tremendously. I agree that Jordan is a good athlete and contributes to BC's team effort. BC played like a well oiled machine last night and if they can continue that type team effort with every member meshing as one then there's no stopping them. Thanks for hearing my opinion(s).

Royal is a very good player. However, Kosh is making great sets off not great passing. The BC hitters are getting great chances off mediocre passes (I'm not saying BC is a bad passing team...I'm saying Kosh is turning the so-so passes into great hitting opportunities). I believe BC started off in a 6-2 this year and now I believe they are running a 5-1. I don't know how long it's been since a setter has been MVP...but I think Kosh deserves it. Just my opinion.

Certainly all of us who follow sports too believe it is about teamwork; however, this one particular thread is about great individual performances--that does not diminish our belief in great Coach-inspired teamwork objectives.

There are probably about a dozen 21-3Aers that could be looked at for MVP: it is such a strong District full of people doing their task very well.

I have a different view of BC's performance. The BC passes are currently as strong as they've ever been but the accuracy of the sets seems to have fallen off quite a bit. If you consider "great sets" and "great hitting opportunities" to be quite often lower than the height of the net or so far outside the antenna that the hitters must contort to hit right-handed with minimal power or resort to the left hand then I guess you're correct. As your post said, this is just my opinion and can be taken with a grain of salt. We're all just basically expressing our opinions from the 10,000 ft view and the actual truth is expressed by the girls themselves who really do "walk the walk & talk the talk". It will be interesting, as always, to see how 21-3A plays out. Any team is only as good as their weakest player and that can change on any given night. I'm sure whoever deserves MVP honors at the end of the season will certainly get them. Good luck to BC...play hard as a team and never give up!!!

Guest Robinhood
The best volleyball player in 21-3A is the MB from Silsbee No.7 Chelsea Neely. I've watched a lot of VB this season and Neely can do it all.  She is a monster at the net and can serve and play back row.  When I saw her play in the two games against Bridge City she was clearly the best player on the floor.

[quote name="Robinhood" post="682631" timestamp="1256173234"]
The best volleyball player in 21-3A is the MB from Silsbee No.7 Chelsea Neely. I've watched a lot of VB this season and Neely can do it all.  She is a monster at the net and can serve and play back row.  When I saw her play in the two games against Bridge City she was clearly the best player on the floor.
[/quote]

Agreed, I was going to post it Friday when I saw her number again.  She's dang good.

I just want everyone to know my sister is Aimee Scales and I would put the Silsbee girl over her because I'm not blinded by red...sorry orange.

Haven't seen Neely play this year. Pitcher...sorry to offend you but the 3 BC games I have watched she has set absolutely great. I see no sets too far out. A outside hitter should almost be at the antenna when they are hitting a 4. I've seen their outside hitters come in too far and have to reach across their body to hit. Not the setters fault. If you call a 4...be in the right spot. The only reason I've seen girls slow their armswing down was because they were roll shoting to short angle or in front of short angle. I also don't consider the setter having to run all over the court the best passing it has ever been. Her middles are constantly coming in too quick or late or passing her up when they run quicks...she's adjusting to where they can at least get a touch on it. I have yet to see any hitter take over a game time after time after time this year (haven't seen Silsbee play) but I have seen Kosh be the reason the hitters can at least have an attempt to do something with the ball. Again I'll add...I've only seen three games, I'm haven't seen every game. Perhaps you have, if so, then you a lot more opportunities to make an analysis. However, I bet if you asked Coach Matthews where they would be without Kosh...you would get an answer something along the lines of not in the playoff hunt. BC has a good young teams and they will continue to be dangerous next year.

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="682750" timestamp="1256181455"]
[quote author=Robinhood link=topic=61121.msg682631#msg682631 date=1256173234]
[/quote]

Agreed, I was going to post it Friday when I saw her number again.  She's dang good.

I just want everyone to know my sister is Aimee Scales and I would put the Silsbee girl over her because I'm not blinded by red...sorry orange.
[/quote]
She has high moments, but I'm sure you can agree inconsistency plagues the Silsbee squad. In this case, even Neely.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="McLovin" post="682934" timestamp="1256222329"]
[quote author=Bobcat05 link=topic=61121.msg682750#msg682750 date=1256181455]
[quote author=Robinhood link=topic=61121.msg682631#msg682631 date=1256173234]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[color=red]She has high moments, but I'm sure you can agree inconsistency plagues the Silsbee squad. In this case, even Neely.
[/quote][/color]

I think the same can be said for all 4 teams who are competing for 3 spots.

Guest Robinhood
From the teams and players that I've seen in 21-3A, I can agree that Neely is more consistant than most. I looked her up on maxprep.com she only a junior.  How come BC VB don't put stats on maxprep like Silsbee does?

It is a tribute to all 21-3A Volleyball teams that there are so many good players that are superior in their position-task.  H-J has an Ace too...Had she been on a team with top defensive play-making she would really excel--even more on her spikes, etc:

Taylor McGill is a strong multi-sport athlete--scholarship signed-- to play Softball, but she really helps her team on the VB court also.

[quote name="Robinhood" post="682994" timestamp="1256226672"]
From the teams and players that I've seen in 21-3A, I can agree that Neely is more consistant than most. I looked her up on maxprep.com she only a junior.  How come BC VB don't put stats on maxprep like Silsbee does?
[/quote]
More consistent than most? IMO MVP is given to the best, not the above average. If you can't look to consistent play as a determining factor, then leadership qualities would need to be highlighted. This is a highly valuable attribute to a team. I'm thinking these higher-level players are given a lot of credit even though some can't keep their eyes out of the bleachers.

[quote name="East TX" post="682188" timestamp="1256141440"]
Everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion.....I am just saying IMO Jordan is the best player in all of 21-3A, and I know that is saying lot!

Who is the best in 21-3A in YOUR opinion.
[/quote]

Aimee Scales.  After the Silsbee game, I think Aimee is the best in the district.  I thought it would be out of her and the Silsbee middle, but I changed my mind.  ;D

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Bobcat05" post="687363" timestamp="1256611577"]
We could compare stats.
[/quote]

While I do think Aimee is a well deserving young lady for the award and hope she gets it. You know as well I as I do stats sometime do not figure in the coaches decisions. Don't you think this thread is a little ahead of itself?

[quote name="bleed orange" post="687379" timestamp="1256612663"]
[quote author=Bobcat05 link=topic=61121.msg687363#msg687363 date=1256611577]
We could compare stats.
[/quote]

While I do think Aimee is a well deserving young lady for the award and hope she gets it. [b]You know as well I as I do stats sometime do not figure in the coaches decisions.[/b] Don't you think this thread is a little ahead of itself?
[/quote]

AMEN TO THAT!!! Like a few years ago when...nevermind I won't bring that up.  You're right, this thread is off topic now.