*WO-S vs. HF/WOS wins 62-0/Comments

[quote name="SD2009" post="682422" timestamp="1256158153"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=60899.msg682414#msg682414 date=1256157417]
[quote author=33 link=topic=60899.msg682202#msg682202 date=1256142511]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=60899.msg682112#msg682112 date=1256136115]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=60899.msg682086#msg682086 date=1256133830]
Yeah, the other night there were about 6 or 7 kids on HF sideline it seemed. I've heard they have lost about 10 starters this year to injury or have quit the team. A 3A school cannot overcome losses like that, no matter who is coaching.
[/quote]And let me add,  what message does it send out when you allow your kid to QUIT just because things aren't going good ??? ??? As mush as I dislike my kids playing football they know they can't quit the team. Ya gotta finish it out! ;)
[/quote]

the only thing a coach has control over is if they play.
the student can decide not to play football any time he wants... it's not the coaches fault they are quitting, he cant directly control that...
[/quote]In some circles that I am around, you don't allow your kid to quit because of a coach or for whatever reason.
[/quote]
33 probably quit
[/quote]hahaha I was thinking the same thing!  :D

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="682112" timestamp="1256136115"]
Yeah, the other night there were about 6 or 7 kids on HF sideline it seemed. I've heard they have lost about 10 starters this year to injury or have quit the team. A 3A school cannot overcome losses like that, no matter who is coaching.
[/quote]And let me add,  what message does it send out when you allow your kid to QUIT just because things aren't going good ??? ??? As mush as I dislike my kids playing football they know they can't quit the team. Ya gotta finish it out! ;)
[/quote]

Good post, I am in your corner on this one. Keep teaching your kids that lesson and they will make it in life. It is funny, kids quitting defines the current generation. When things get tough they check out. Not just sports, marriage, kids and responsibility. There is "NO" accountability these days. I am not talking about all kids. Because there are parents out there that are teaching the same lessons they learned from their parents ( Old School). But that number is shinking and shinking fast. Kids have learned how to manipulate the system. Why get married when a young women with child can get food, formula, diapers, dental work and medical assistant for free from the government.

[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="682634" timestamp="1256173749"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=60899.msg682590#msg682590 date=1256169673]
[/quote]And let me add,  what message does it send out when you allow your kid to QUIT just because things aren't going good ??? ??? As mush as I dislike my kids playing football they know they can't quit the team. Ya gotta finish it out! ;)
[/quote]

Good post, I am in your corner on this one. Keep teaching your kids that lesson and they will make it in life. It is funny, kids quitting defines the current generation. When things get tough they check out. Not just sports, marriage, kids and responsibility. There is "NO" accountability these days. I am not talking about all kids. Because there are parents out there that are teaching the same lessons they learned from their parents ( Old School). But that number is shinking and shinking fast. Kids have learned how to manipulate the system. Why get married when a young women with child can get food, formula, diapers, dental work and medical assistant for free from the government.
[/quote]

"Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers."
- Socrates (Ancient Greek philosopher, [color=crimson]469 BC - 399 BC[/color])

As you can see, adults have despised teenagers since 469 BC. I don't see that changing anytime soon.
[/quote]

LOL... Awesome!

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="682634" timestamp="1256173749"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=60899.msg682590#msg682590 date=1256169673]
[/quote]And let me add,  what message does it send out when you allow your kid to QUIT just because things aren't going good ??? ??? As mush as I dislike my kids playing football they know they can't quit the team. Ya gotta finish it out! ;)
[/quote]

[/quote]

"Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers."

As you can see, adults have despised teenagers since 469 BC. I don't see that changing anytime soon.
[/quote]

Someday you will say "Bleed Orange" you was right and so was Socrates. Mark my words. See, you will get married someday and you will have no control. Your wife will. ;D ;D ;D  By the way yes, kids gobble all your food. Just wait it is coming. You will understand someday. I promise.

Guest ~old_wildcat~
This Is Not Football But It Fits The Last Couple of Posts:
  Add In Paper: For Sale Brand New Set Of Encyclopedia Britanica: [b]( I no longer need them i'm married now, and my wife knows everything)[/b]  :o

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="~old_wildcat~" post="682666" timestamp="1256176297"]
This Is Not Football But It Fits The Last Couple of Posts:
  Add In Paper: For Sale Brand New Set Of Encyclopedia Britanica: [b]( I no longer need them i'm married now, and my wife knows everything)[/b]   :o
[/quote]

Great post.  ;D ;D ;D 

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="682414" timestamp="1256157417"]
[/quote]

the student can decide not to play football any time he wants... it's not the coaches fault they are quitting, he cant directly control that...
[/quote][b]In some circles that I am around, you don't allow your kid to quit because of a coach or for whatever reason[/b].
[/quote]not in my circle. those kids are growing into young men. quitting is not an option. life dose not quit. you adapt.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Sloe" post="682675" timestamp="1256177066"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=60899.msg682414#msg682414 date=1256157417]
[/quote]

[/quote][b]In some circles that I am around, you don't allow your kid to quit because of a coach or for whatever reason[/b].
[/quote]not in my circle. those kids are growing into young men. quitting is not an option. life dose not quit. you adapt.
[/quote]

Another great post.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="682708" timestamp="1256179031"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=60899.msg682654#msg682654 date=1256175622]
[quote author=Ron Burgundy link=topic=60899.msg682634#msg682634 date=1256173749]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Someday you will say "Bleed Orange" you was right and so was Socrates. Mark my words. See, you will get married someday and you will have no control. Your wife will. ;D ;D ;D  By the way yes, kids gobble all your food. Just wait it is coming. You will understand someday. I promise.
[/quote]

Oh I understand what you are saying completely, but you can't judge the whole generation by looking at a few kids that maybe made some bad choices, quit football, or take for granted this great nation's welfare policies.
[/quote]

I don't judge the whole generation just half. ;D ;D Good post by the way. I like the last part of your comment.

Guest rykerx144
If some parents think its okay to allow your children to quit when they get ready or things arent going there way then fine.  Let em!!  Thats your kid raise him how you want,  but dont come on here complaining when hes 34 years old and still sleeping on your couch and eating all your food and drinking all your beer and wont get a job.  Remember,  thats how he was raised!

This whole thread is funny! You guys who aren't married yet can't really appreciate the Encyclopedia post, but you will. Believe me! LOL
...AND where is that switch that turns on in these boys when they hit 14 that takes them from eating kids meals to 2 large meals... Dang, you dads of young boys better get a second job if you have more than one. I can't keep my boys full... Then let them bring a couple of their buddies over!!! At any point during the day at least 2 of them are chewing!!! :o ::)

[quote name="fisherking" post="681993" timestamp="1256101683"]
[quote author=HORNSFAN86 link=topic=60899.msg681365#msg681365 date=1256051799]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=60899.msg678417#msg678417 date=1255787853]
WOS looked good, but you have to keep in perspective who we were playing. Hopefully, we will come out next week and look just as good against BC. I did not expoect their game with Silsbee to be so close. We cannot have any let downs from here on out. We must get rolling and keep the momentum.

HF, you guys played hard. Hang in there, there is a silver lining in there somewhere. One thing about losing so many kids to injury and what not, your younger kids are getting valuable experience that will be key next year.
[/quote]Yeah, we just need a Coaching Staff that can lead them. HF has never gone 0-10 in the history
of their program and someone has to take responsibility for it. I would not be calling for this had we been
competitive in our losses, but to lose the way we are right now is not good and it is time for a change.
[/quote]
Have you any responsibility in this team? Why don't you go out and join the team? You could be their lone back-up player. You obviously have not been to a game and watched it in person?  Do you really feel that this years HF team would have differnt outcomes with different coaching staff? You can't run a race without any horses, friend no matter if you have the best rider.
[/quote]I have been to every game except the OF game and yes I do believe a different coach might have made a difference, it may have not changed the outcome but at least we might have been competitive. Everygame this year these kids look like they had just stepped onto the field for the first time. They clearly lack direction and preparedness and IMHO that falls on the coach. Heck look at the transformation that has taken place at schools such as PNG, OF & PAM to name a few. These are all first year guys at these schools imagine what their programs will look like when their kids have a few years in their system. This team has some horses, they just need the right people to transform them into Thoroughbreds.

Guest Silsbee88
[quote name="HORNSFAN86" post="682917" timestamp="1256220852"]
[quote author=fisherking link=topic=60899.msg681993#msg681993 date=1256101683]
[quote author=HORNSFAN86 link=topic=60899.msg681365#msg681365 date=1256051799]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=60899.msg678417#msg678417 date=1255787853]
WOS looked good, but you have to keep in perspective who we were playing. Hopefully, we will come out next week and look just as good against BC. I did not expoect their game with Silsbee to be so close. We cannot have any let downs from here on out. We must get rolling and keep the momentum.

HF, you guys played hard. Hang in there, there is a silver lining in there somewhere. One thing about losing so many kids to injury and what not, your younger kids are getting valuable experience that will be key next year.
[/quote]Yeah, we just need a Coaching Staff that can lead them. HF has never gone 0-10 in the history
of their program and someone has to take responsibility for it. I would not be calling for this had we been
competitive in our losses, but to lose the way we are right now is not good and it is time for a change.
[/quote]
Have you any responsibility in this team? Why don't you go out and join the team? You could be their lone back-up player. You obviously have not been to a game and watched it in person?  Do you really feel that this years HF team would have differnt outcomes with different coaching staff? You can't run a race without any horses, friend no matter if you have the best rider.
[/quote]I have been to every game except the OF game and yes I do believe a different coach might have made a difference, it may have not changed the outcome but at least we might have been competitive. Everygame this year these kids look like they had just stepped onto the field for the first time. They clearly lack direction and preparedness and IMHO that falls on the coach. Heck look at the transformation that has taken place at schools such as PNG, OF & PAM to name a few. These are all first year guys at these schools imagine what their programs will look like when their kids have a few years in their system. This team has some horses, they just need the right people to transform them into Thoroughbreds.
[/quote]

Please don't take this as bashing the coach, but if my memory serves correctly, I think that the current head coach for HF came from Kemp HS.  His record there for the 05-06 school year was 5-5, for the 06-07 school year it was 1-9
Since coming to HF his record has been 8-18 and will probably finish this season 0-10, leaving his current record with HF at 8-21.

I will never support quitting on your team mid-season, but maybe some are trying to make a point.  If no one will acknowledge the performance, maybe these players are telling something....just a thought.

Guest Tong Po
Good post Silsbee88.  It's about time someone stated some factual information.  Looks like the Supt. and school board better start building up the barricades around the adm. building. 

Don't get me wrong I firmly believe in having a disciplined team, but I also think you can go to far with it.
Kind of like some businesses like to micro manage their employee's. I say let them be kids and teach them
right from wrong. The petty stuff like tucking in your shirt needs to be overlooked. My Junior & Senior year @ HF we had Charlie Wilson as a AD/HC and like Mangan his style of discipline was suffocating and it ultimately cost him his job.

anyone who knows anything about HF and its players knows that there are plenty of athletes, we just don't have enough people to put them where they need to go. its hard to play for a team that loses by 40 plus points every game and to have no one want to change anything is even harder. thats why we have the small numbers that we do. ron knows what he is talking about because he sees it every day and all you other jokers don't have a clue!

[quote name="Abe Lincoln" post="683886" timestamp="1256318376"]
anyone who knows anything about HF and its players knows that there are plenty of athletes, we just don't have enough people to put them where they need to go. its hard to play for a team that loses by 40 plus points every game and to have no one want to change anything is even harder. thats why we have the small numbers that we do. ron knows what he is talking about because he sees it every day and all you other jokers don't have a clue!
[/quote]

i wasn't going to even add to this thread after the topic went from the game to this but IMO, it's not the athletes people should be bashing for quitting or anything of the sort. look what happen to BC 3 years ago, they went 0-10 and if you didn't score 60 on us you weren't a good football team. but the only people to leave the team that season were the seniors at the end of the season. that falls on the coaches.
if you are having a horrible season and you have kids quitting left and right, that is on the coaches.

[quote name="33" post="683913" timestamp="1256319716"]
[quote author=Abe Lincoln link=topic=60899.msg683886#msg683886 date=1256318376]
[/quote]

i wasn't going to even add to this thread after the topic went from the game to this but IMO, it's not the athletes people should be bashing for quitting or anything of the sort. look what happen to BC 3 years ago, they went 0-10 and if you didn't score 60 on us you weren't a good football team. but the only people to leave the team that season were the seniors at the end of the season. that falls on the coaches.
if you are having a horrible season and you have kids quitting left and right, that is on the coaches.
[/quote]

this type of stuff is what really ticks me off, not everything lies with the coaches, maybe  things lie with them partially, but my lord, at some point you have to stop pointing the finger, grow up and realize it's your choice to quit, not the coaches, you decide to quit then blame the coach? Puhleez, quitting is the easy way out and the easy way to point the finger. That's the reason we have many problems these days because people look for others to blame when, in fact, if they'd take responsibility for their own actions, they'd realize they choose their own outcome. Maybe you don't agree with everything he does and you don't have to, but quitting isn't doing anything but showing how weak you really are and that you'd rather take the easy way out. I'm not that old yet but I can tell you that life sometimes sucks and is worse than things that happen in high school football, if you are already quitting something that is fun, I can't imagine what else you'll quit later on.

Anyways that's the end of my rant. 

[quote name="horndawg" post="683937" timestamp="1256322080"]
[quote author=33 link=topic=60899.msg683913#msg683913 date=1256319716]
[/quote]

[/quote]

this type of stuff is what really ticks me off, not everything lies with the coaches, maybe  things lie with them partially, but my lord, at some point you have to stop pointing the finger, grow up and realize it's your choice to quit, not the coaches, you decide to quit then blame the coach? Puhleez, quitting is the easy way out and the easy way to point the finger. That's the reason we have many problems these days because people look for others to blame when, in fact, if they'd take responsibility for their own actions, they'd realize they choose their own outcome. Maybe you don't agree with everything he does and you don't have to, but quitting isn't doing anything but showing how weak you really are and that you'd rather take the easy way out. I'm not that old yet but I can tell you that life sometimes sucks and is worse than things that happen in high school football, if you are already quitting something that is fun, I can't imagine what else you'll quit later on.

Anyways that's the end of my rant. 
[/quote]

you're right, it's the individuals choice, but they choose to quit due to the lack of discipline. a coach teaches discipline as apart of the game, and if the kids dont have the discipline to work that much harder and not quit then someone isn't doing their job or there is just no hope with the majority of the people in this world.
when i was in school the coaches told us that they are here to teach us life lessons and to give us the discipline to make life choices and to go on with life through adversity without quitting and giving up on whatever it is that lies in our way to succeed in life. and of course win some football games just to make the lesson that much more fun. but their primary goal was to teach us about life and how to continue, and then it was to teach us how to play the sport we love.

im not trying to take up for the people that quit and just bash coaches. im not trying to take up for the coaches either.
i just typed what i was thinking and maybe it doesn't read out like how im thinking it.
i do agree with what you said, i was just typing what im thinking and as i said, maybe its not being read or typed out like how its going through my mind.

I wasn't bashing what you were saying it was directed to all who've blamed the coaching.

As far as discipline, that begins at home...not at school, school is an extension yes and coaches teach an extension of discipline but it is not their job to begin the disciplining. It's not their fault the kids have gotten that far without it. That is a parents obligation. You aren't always going to like the way people do things, but that happens everywhere in everY facet of life...DEAL WITH IT!

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="horndawg" post="683947" timestamp="1256323372"]
I wasn't bashing what you were saying it was directed to all who've blamed the coaching.

As far as discipline, that begins at home...not at school, school is an extension yes and coaches teach an extension of discipline but it is not their job to begin the disciplining. It's not their fault the kids have gotten that far without it. That is a parents obligation. You aren't always going to like the way people do things, but that happens everywhere in everY facet of life...DEAL WITH IT!
[/quote]

Your last two post are right on!!!!!Great post both of them. I could not agree more.

[quote name="33" post="683913" timestamp="1256319716"]
[/quote]

[/quote]Not true! You don't quit A TEAM beacuse you are losers...errr I meant losing. I have no respect for people who quit when things aren't going your way. True athletes know this and stick it out as a team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder