*WO-S vs. HF/WOS wins 62-0/Comments

[quote name="33" post="683942" timestamp="1256322647"]
[quote author=horndawg link=topic=60899.msg683937#msg683937 date=1256322080]
[quote author=33 link=topic=60899.msg683913#msg683913 date=1256319716]
[quote author=Abe Lincoln link=topic=60899.msg683886#msg683886 date=1256318376]
anyone who knows anything about HF and its players knows that there are plenty of athletes, we just don't have enough people to put them where they need to go. its hard to play for a team that loses by 40 plus points every game and to have no one want to change anything is even harder. thats why we have the small numbers that we do. ron knows what he is talking about because he sees it every day and all you other jokers don't have a clue!
[/quote]

i wasn't going to even add to this thread after the topic went from the game to this but IMO, it's not the athletes people should be bashing for quitting or anything of the sort. look what happen to BC 3 years ago, they went 0-10 and if you didn't score 60 on us you weren't a good football team. but the only people to leave the team that season were the seniors at the end of the season. that falls on the coaches.
if you are having a horrible season and you have kids quitting left and right, that is on the coaches.
[/quote]

this type of stuff is what really ticks me off, not everything lies with the coaches, maybe  things lie with them partially, but my lord, at some point you have to stop pointing the finger, grow up and realize it's your choice to quit, not the coaches, you decide to quit then blame the coach? Puhleez, quitting is the easy way out and the easy way to point the finger. That's the reason we have many problems these days because people look for others to blame when, in fact, if they'd take responsibility for their own actions, they'd realize they choose their own outcome. Maybe you don't agree with everything he does and you don't have to, but quitting isn't doing anything but showing how weak you really are and that you'd rather take the easy way out. I'm not that old yet but I can tell you that life sometimes sucks and is worse than things that happen in high school football, if you are already quitting something that is fun, I can't imagine what else you'll quit later on.

Anyways that's the end of my rant.  
[/quote]

you're right, it's the individuals choice, but they choose to quit due to the lack of discipline. a coach teaches discipline as apart of the game, and if the kids dont have the discipline to work that much harder and not quit then someone isn't doing their job or there is just no hope with the majority of the people in this world.
when i was in school the coaches told us that they are here to teach us life lessons and to give us the discipline to make life choices and to go on with life through adversity without quitting and giving up on whatever it is that lies in our way to succeed in life. and of course win some football games just to make the lesson that much more fun. but their primary goal was to teach us about life and how to continue, and then it was to teach us how to play the sport we love.

im not trying to take up for the people that quit and just bash coaches. im not trying to take up for the coaches either.
i just typed what i was thinking and maybe it doesn't read out like how im thinking it.
i do agree with what you said, i was just typing what im thinking and as i said, maybe its not being read or typed out like how its going through my mind.
[/quote]In athletics, you quit a team because maybe you have outgrown the team and transfer to a better team that match your skills. Not quit and sit at home to moan about the coaches.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone been on a job that had a boss that wasn't the best in the world?  If you have, you know there is a high volume of employee turnaround.  I don't care how much you like the work....you will leave for better leadership.  You might even take a job that pays less!

I don't understand how anyone says.....Coaches have nothing to do with it.  Everyone follows a true leader.  If leadership is in doubt..... grown ups leave, and so will kids.

If that's directed at me, I never said that...I said coaches are an extension, to further disciplining, but it's not all on them...You know it takes everyone working at once to be productive and yes, the coach should be the mold that holds them together, but if it's a discipline problem, then I'm pretty sure it goes beyond the coaching.

[quote name="horndawg" post="684054" timestamp="1256332600"]
If that's directed at me, I never said that...I said coaches are an extension, to further disciplining, but it's not all on them...You know it takes everyone working at once to be productive and yes, the coach should be the mold that holds them together, but if it's a discipline problem, then I'm pretty sure it goes beyond the coaching.
[/quote]
No.  Just general comments.  Unless you dont agree with me! ;D 

[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="684042" timestamp="1256331393"]
[quote author=horndawg link=topic=60899.msg684025#msg684025 date=1256329218]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=60899.msg683989#msg683989 date=1256326449]
Question? I keep hearing HF had a good team once upon a time. When was this and what happened to the coach?
[/quote]

This pre-2002, Claude Tarver, he left and took the job at BC...
[/quote]

Tarver was a great coach. Also, Phil Danaher left and went to CC Callallen. Danaher had a 43-22 record in six years at HF, won 3 district championships and went to the regional finals twice. Then he went to CC Calallen and basically turned around a football program that had not reached the playoffs for 28 years, and took them to 7 state semi-finals appearances. We have had good coaches in the past, but they've all moved on to bigger and greater things.
[/quote]

Don't forget Les Koenning and his son, Les Jr.  Jr never coached in HS, but he was a heck of a QB.

[quote name="33" post="683942" timestamp="1256322647"]
anyone who knows anything about HF and its players knows that there are plenty of athletes, we just don't have enough people to put them where they need to go. its hard to play for a team that loses by 40 plus points every game and to have no one want to change anything is even harder. thats why we have the small numbers that we do. ron knows what he is talking about because he sees it every day and all you other jokers don't have a clue!
[/quote]

i wasn't going to even add to this thread after the topic went from the game to this but IMO, it's not the athletes people should be bashing for quitting or anything of the sort. look what happen to BC 3 years ago, they went 0-10 and if you didn't score 60 on us you weren't a good football team. but the only people to leave the team that season were the seniors at the end of the season. that falls on the coaches.
if you are having a horrible season and you have kids quitting left and right, that is on the coaches.
[/quote]

this type of stuff is what really ticks me off, not everything lies with the coaches, maybe  things lie with them partially, but my lord, at some point you have to stop pointing the finger, grow up and realize it's your choice to quit, not the coaches, you decide to quit then blame the coach? Puhleez, quitting is the easy way out and the easy way to point the finger. That's the reason we have many problems these days because people look for others to blame when, in fact, if they'd take responsibility for their own actions, they'd realize they choose their own outcome. Maybe you don't agree with everything he does and you don't have to, but quitting isn't doing anything but showing how weak you really are and that you'd rather take the easy way out. I'm not that old yet but I can tell you that life sometimes sucks and is worse than things that happen in high school football, if you are already quitting something that is fun, I can't imagine what else you'll quit later on.

[/quote]

you're right, it's the individuals choice, but they choose to quit due to the lack of discipline. a coach teaches discipline as apart of the game, and if the kids dont have the discipline to work that much harder and not quit then someone isn't doing their job or there is just no hope with the majority of the people in this world.
when i was in school the coaches told us that they are here to teach us life lessons and to give us the discipline to make life choices and to go on with life through adversity without quitting and giving up on whatever it is that lies in our way to succeed in life. and of course win some football games just to make the lesson that much more fun. but their primary goal was to teach us about life and how to continue, and then it was to teach us how to play the sport we love.

im not trying to take up for the people that quit and just bash coaches. im not trying to take up for the coaches either.
i just typed what i was thinking and maybe it doesn't read out like how im thinking it.
i do agree with what you said, i was just typing what im thinking and as i said, maybe its not being read or typed out like how its going through my mind.
[/quote]

Let me ask you something brainiac with all the asnwers. Can you and anyone else please enlighten this board how this coaching staff is making these quit, if they are really quitting. Seems I read something that HF had only 60 something kids show up the first day of 2 a days. What is it that make you think a coach can do anything about a quitter? It sounds to me that kids are quitting because they have NO DISCIPLINE aND MAYBE THE hf STAFF IS JUST DEMANDING DISCIPLINE AND THEY REFUSE TO FOLLOW THEREFORE THEY WALK AWAY FROM THE TEAM AND THE PROGRAM BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO DISCIPLINE OR HEART? pLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME AND THE REST OF THIS BOARD HOW YOU HOLD coaches accountable if a kid doesn't have the heart to play football. WQhat can a coach do? Probably weren't much of a player to begin with. But please give me examples of discipline and how it is lacking in HF?

[quote name="fisherking" post="684795" timestamp="1256363574"]
[quote author=33 link=topic=60899.msg683942#msg683942 date=1256322647]
[/quote]

[/quote]

this type of stuff is what really ticks me off, not everything lies with the coaches, maybe  things lie with them partially, but my lord, at some point you have to stop pointing the finger, grow up and realize it's your choice to quit, not the coaches, you decide to quit then blame the coach? Puhleez, quitting is the easy way out and the easy way to point the finger. That's the reason we have many problems these days because people look for others to blame when, in fact, if they'd take responsibility for their own actions, they'd realize they choose their own outcome. Maybe you don't agree with everything he does and you don't have to, but quitting isn't doing anything but showing how weak you really are and that you'd rather take the easy way out. I'm not that old yet but I can tell you that life sometimes sucks and is worse than things that happen in high school football, if you are already quitting something that is fun, I can't imagine what else you'll quit later on.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Let me ask you something brainiac with all the asnwers. Can you and anyone else please enlighten this board how this coaching staff is making these quit, if they are really quitting. Seems I read something that HF had only 60 something kids show up the first day of 2 a days. What is it that make you think a coach can do anything about a quitter? It sounds to me that kids are quitting because they have NO DISCIPLINE aND MAYBE THE hf STAFF IS JUST DEMANDING DISCIPLINE AND THEY REFUSE TO FOLLOW THEREFORE THEY WALK AWAY FROM THE TEAM AND THE PROGRAM BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO DISCIPLINE OR HEART? pLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME AND THE REST OF THIS BOARD HOW YOU HOLD coaches accountable if a kid doesn't have the heart to play football. WQhat can a coach do? Probably weren't much of a player to begin with. But please give me examples of discipline and how it is lacking in HF?
[/quote]Very good points!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami