Hamshire-Fannett @ WOS predictions

Wow! i really cant believe some of ya'll on here! We come one dropped pass away from beating a good silsbee team and all of a sudden ya'll think we are gonna lose to everyone! I think the boys are not only playing for wins from here on out but also to get back the respect we had at the seasons start!

No worries RIOT. The WO-S alumni / fans alike know the truth. The boys will be there come playoff time. Count on it!  ;)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for backing me fbfan! I just hate the way they down us like were all of a sudden an average team...i hope me just explode offensively and start blowing everyone out!

Where have you been?We are playing like an average good team.Forget about what it looked like on papper before the season started.You prove it on the field and I'm sorry but we have not lived up to the hype.Even if we do explode offensively,other than OF possibly,the competition we will be playing want tell us if we have improved.Wait until the playoffs start where the competition will be better...then you can say" we're back " or not.You have to live in the moment,not the past.That's all I'm saying.

One thing's for sure, this is an excellant week for WOS to try their new offense. HF can barely field a team. Should be an easy night for the Stangs.

Speaking of HF, I have recieved some news about those guys that is quite disturbing. I will make a few contacts today to get the scoop on this and let you guys know.

Okay AAW, what is this news about HF that is so disturbing? You have me curious as to what's going on now.

I kninda feel sorry for HF, the WOS coaching staff is about to blow some steam from the Silsbee game off on them. WOS by 80, HF gets about 10 yards of total offense, none of them on a run.

I wouldn't be surprised to see WOS do that....they like to run up the score.....They will then have a district title in mind after they beat the last place team.....IMO I wouldn't run up the score just "win" and get your young players some experience.....

I kninda feel sorry for HF, the WOS coaching staff is about to blow some steam from the Silsbee game off on them. WOS by 80, HF gets about 10 yards of total offense, none of them on a run.

I wouldn't be surprised to see WOS do that....they like to run up the score.....They will then have a district title in mind after they beat the last place team.....IMO I wouldn't run up the score just "win" and get your young players some experience.....

Make sure to clarify the difference between running up the score and one team not being able to stop the other.  If the score shows at the end 60-6 or something like this, people don't need to run here and bash something they know no details of.  As I've always said, I'm from HF, and I know that WOS will most likely win this game and I expect them to. I just don't want to hear people run over here start crying because "they ran up the score".

If you shoot yourself in the foot and the other team capitalizes on your mistake, that's not running up the score, that's just good football. If a team is running iso and traps after getting up a certain amount of points and is still scoring on those base plays, that is not running up the score, that is saying they want the defense to stop them.  Running up the score would be being up 50-0 and going five wide with all your starters in and throwing hail mary's and running reverses.  If WOS gets up in a lopsided way, I don't look for the starters to stay in, and I look for all their guys to get playing time.  If this is the case and HF just can't stop them, it's not running it up, it's football and it happens.  

So to HF, just go out there and play as hard as you can, and you never know what could happen on any given friday night. Good luck.

heres an idea,get better on defense and that wont happen!

Guest tigersvoice

If WOS looks at the score of this game and compairs it to the Orangefield game......I don't know. HF is in sad shape right now.  I dint think anyone can gage themselves against HF.  Sad but true.

WOS is going to win big.  I just wouldn't let any football team, in any town, feel good about a convincing win over HF........Man I feel bad for them. 

Very good post.  HF is really upon hard times football wise and maybe basketball wise.  Waaaaaaaaaaay back there I played on a high school team that went 0 - 9 -1 my Sophomore year.  Then we went 0 - 8 - 2 my Junior year.  (Incidentally, we considered that a 50% inprovement.  You know, 2 ties vs. 1 tie?)  My Senior year we tied the first game against Cypress-Fairbanks, lost the second game to Sealy, and won the third game against Louise.  The first win in over two years - there was JOY in mudville that night.  Hang in there Longhorns - things will improve for you.

If WOS looks at the score of this game and compairs it to the Orangefield game......I don't know. HF is in sad shape right now.  I dint think anyone can gage themselves against HF.  Sad but true.

WOS is going to win big.  I just wouldn't let any football team, in any town, feel good about a convincing win over HF........Man I feel bad for them. 

Very good post.  HF is really upon hard times football wise and maybe basketball wise.  Waaaaaaaaaaay back there I played on a high school team that went 0 - 9 -1 my Sophomore year.  Then we went 0 - 8 - 2 my Junior year.  (Incidentally, we considered that a 50% inprovement.  You know, 2 ties vs. 1 tie?)  My Senior year we tied the first game against Cypress-Fairbanks, lost the second game to Sealy, and won the third game against Louise.  The first win in over two years - there was JOY in mudville that night.  Hang in there Longhorns - things will improve for you.

Great post.....And Horns just remember Baseball is right around the corner and we know your a legit BBall team.....Chins up!!!!!!!

Make sure to clarify the difference between running up the score and one team not being able to stop the other.  If the score shows at the end 60-6 or something like this, people don't need to run here and bash something they know no details of.  As I've always said, I'm from HF so, and I know that WOS will most likely win this game and I expect them to. I just don't want to hear people run over hear start crying because "they ran up the score".

If you shoot yourself in the foot and the other team capitalizes on your mistake, that's not running up the score, that's just good football. If a team is running iso and traps after getting up a certain amount of points and is still scoring on those base plays, that is not running up the score, that is saying they want the defense to stop them.  Running up the score would be being up 50-0 and going five wide with all your starters in and throwing hail mary's and running reverses.  If WOS gets up in a lopsided way, I don't look for the starters to stay in, and I look for all their guys to get playing time.  If this is the case and HF just can't stop them, it's not running it up, it's football and it happens. 

So to HF, just go out there and play as hard as you can, and you never know what could happen on any given friday night. Good luck.

Excellent post. No excuses and straight to the problem..err point. ;)

Make sure to clarify the difference between running up the score and one team not being able to stop the other.  If the score shows at the end 60-6 or something like this, people don't need to run here and bash something they know no details of.  As I've always said, I'm from HF, and I know that WOS will most likely win this game and I expect them to. I just don't want to hear people run over here start crying because "they ran up the score".

If you shoot yourself in the foot and the other team capitalizes on your mistake, that's not running up the score, that's just good football. If a team is running iso and traps after getting up a certain amount of points and is still scoring on those base plays, that is not running up the score, that is saying they want the defense to stop them.  Running up the score would be being up 50-0 and going five wide with all your starters in and throwing hail mary's and running reverses.  If WOS gets up in a lopsided way, I don't look for the starters to stay in, and I look for all their guys to get playing time.  If this is the case and HF just can't stop them, it's not running it up, it's football and it happens.  

That's probably about the best, non-homer, Un cry baby, football smart, posts I've seen in a long time. Kuddo's to you, sir.

I can't believe there are 7 pages posted on this thread!!!  Really......is there any question who will walk out of the stadium victorious tonight????? To all the guys who show up every day for practice and walk out onto the field on friday night, KUDOS to you.  Keep your heads up, play as hard as you can and know that it will get better. ;)

I can't believe there are 7 pages posted on this thread!!!  Really......is there any question who will walk out of the stadium victorious tonight????? To all the guys who show up every day for practice and walk out onto the field on friday night, KUDOS to you.  Keep your heads up, play as hard as you can and know that it will get better. ;)

Most of the posts were about wos/silsbee... just sayin.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami