Leading tacklers with little recognition.

Justme

Just wondering besides the lumberton Beard and the PA Middle backer who has good defensive stats but no recognition.

I know the Francis kid from Ozen has 84 tackles and Has got to be one of the top players in the area. But the other two get all the hype.

always someone that wants to argue instead of just talk. Im not talking bad about anyone just seeing if there are kids ouot there not getting the notariaty that the others are. And as far as defenses go the francis and harmon kids are playing very well and the defense from ozen is very solid they are just ont he field alot with the new offense that is taking form for the panthers. NOT WANTING ARGUMENT JUST DICUSSION!!!

Just wondering besides the lumberton Beard and the PA Middle backer who has good defensive stats but no recognition.

I know the Francis kid from Ozen has 84 tackles and Has got to be one of the top players in the area. But the other two get all the hype.

I promise they're not  hype. One of those two will win the smith award, then take a free ride to any college they want, and I'm not arguing

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

number of Tackles doesnt always mean a players good. ussually a guy on a bad defense is gonna rack up someone on a good defense bc of the number of snaps they see.

They also need to take into account, double and sometimes triple teams that some of these players may have to deal with every single game.

number of Tackles doesnt always mean a players good. ussually a guy on a bad defense is gonna rack up someone on a good defense bc of the number of snaps they see.

They also need to take into account, double and sometimes triple teams that some of these players may have to deal with every single game.

that picture is Freaking HILARIOUS  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D my side hurts

but if they are a bad defense then the offense will be running all over them and that would limit the number of tackles a single person would get...

it still all balances out...

Silsbee D is a true Team Defense.  If a players job is to stuff a lead blocker they do it.  Up the middle or out on the edge it doesn't matter.  They do it so that someone else can get the tackle.....Team Defense.  Each game Silsbee has a leading tackler, but it changes game to game. That fact is good for Silsbee. 

Silsbee D is a true Team Defense.  If a players job is to stuff a lead blocker they do it.  Up the middle or out on the edge it doesn't matter.  They do it so that someone else can get the tackle.....Team Defense.  Each game Silsbee has a leading tackler, but it changes game to game. That fact is good for Silsbee. 

as long as your cornerback isn't the leading tackler that is.

that picture is Freaking HILARIOUS  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D my side hurts

:D :D :D :D

In 07-08 I was watching the Crosby-BH game and BH had a LB that year that was touted and our coaches consistently released a guard to take two=three steps up and then turn and ear hole that linebacker every running play.

Eventually we got the linebacker to take four steps back to prevent this and we would get 4-5 yards a play running.

What was amazing was that this kid made an adjustment and you could see how fast he was because most the time when we backed linebackers up we would run right past them because they couldn't catch chance.

This is an example of how a good linebacker can change a team altogether... granted they still lsot but i can gaurnetee his shear will got him 20 tackles that game and that seems like a great night regardless.  

as long as your cornerback isn't the leading tackler that is.

yep!

Guest EagleFan01

Newton's Sophmore Middle Linebacker Trevor Holmes leads team in tackles and didn't play alot in week 0. This kid is a beast you will know his name before he graduates. He is a big kid who is always around the football.

ill mention one from nederland that ill bet hasnt been noticed but is on or in almost every tackle and thats jackson broussard  this kid is in on every tackle and makes most of them for nederland hes been a pleasant suprise best of luck to all the d-line and backers the rest of the way!!

I noticed this Broussard 28 kid last night, too.  From the first play to the end he is in the tackle, and if not he is hitting somebody somewhere! Appears to be the defensive leader... He plays with a lot of heart and passion... bet Neumann would take a team full just like him.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder