Silsbee at Orangefield

SilsbeeD

Guest bleed orange

Wow, I was 2 points off thanks for the correction. You know what you are a typical "aggie". I guess we will never know if the bobcats would have played them(PNG) a closer game. But you still got the big"L". You will probably get on here next week and brag how silsbee beat Orangefield, if they do, but they were predicted to win. Nobody likes AGGIES, go HORNS. I mean come on Army almost beat ya'll.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see it this way, Silsbee gave up 21 points to Lumberton in a scrim and 27, 32 and 24 in their games. Obviously, the defense can be scored on. OF has a much improved offense and a 3 year starter at QB who can beat you with his arm or his feet. Silsbee has a great running game but the passing game is nonexistent. Blake Morrison is a great coach and was a defensive coordinator. He is going to stack the line and try to force Silsbee to throw. If they are successful, they sneak out with an impressive win, if not, the game will still be close.

I saw Silsbee play Newton the Friday night and they're tough...real tough. The key for a team like Orangefield in beating Silsbee is to keep their offense off the field, no question. We're gonna have to go on several long drives, 6 to 8 minute drives for any chance to beat them. Even if you don't score on all those drives, you have to move the chains and move that clock. Can we do that, not sure, but I think we will move the ball on them. We also have to cause turnovers and then take advantage of them, that's a huge momentum swinger in any game, escpecially if you put points on the board. When Silsbee has the ball you have to control their QB. He's a good one and can take it to the house on any play. If we can force him to pitch the ball and hit him in the mouth a few times, we might be able to slow that part of their game down. Bottom line, Silsbee is loaded with talent and they're huge. Our kids are gonna look like a JV team compared to them, but our kids will play and play hard. If our defense can bend a little but not break we could give them a tough game. To me it all comes down to tackling, we're gonna have to really tackle well against them, if we don't do that it could be a long night. And I want to say thank you to all our neighbors that have our back on this one, thanks for sticking up for us and letting certain people know that they haven't won this game yet...yall know who you are!!!

Good overall analysis Bobkat. The one thing I think OF needs to prepare for is the 1-2 punch of the runningbacks. Friday's game had the team riding on the qb's back with one of the starting rbs on the sideline most of the night. I do not know if he was hurt or what. At any rate when those two rbs are going and the qb starts the option it is hard to stop. I would think this game will be won at the o-line. If Silsbee is able to blow OF off of the line OF will be in for a long night if McCarter is running the ball. Anyway I hope for a good game.

Guest bleed orange

That hurts Aggie, but I had to reply. Maybe I was a little harsh on the "Aggies" but you misinterrupted what I wrote. I did not say we could of played PNG closer. In my opinion Silbee may not be as good as everyone is saying. But I guess we see friday night won't we.

Yep' date=' Silsbee in a route. I wouldn't even prepare for Orangefield this week. I don't even know why we're playing this game, we obviously don't have a chance to win. Yall got Bridge City next week, need to find out a way to stop those Cardinals.[/quote']

Calm down...its a prediction thread jeez...There is always going to be underdogs in games.

Guest Wildcat 08
I saw Silsbee play Newton the Friday night and they're tough...real tough. The key for a team like Orangefield in beating Silsbee is to keep their offense off the field' date=' no question. We're gonna have to go on several long drives, 6 to 8 minute drives for any chance to beat them. Even if you don't score on all those drives, you have to move the chains and move that clock. Can we do that, not sure, but I think we will move the ball on them. We also have to cause turnovers and then take advantage of them, that's a huge momentum swinger in any game, escpecially if you put points on the board. When Silsbee has the ball you have to control their QB. He's a good one and can take it to the house on any play. If we can force him to pitch the ball and hit him in the mouth a few times, we might be able to slow that part of their game down. Bottom line, Silsbee is loaded with talent and they're huge. Our kids are gonna look like a JV team compared to them, but our kids will play and play hard. If our defense can bend a little but not break we could give them a tough game. To me it all comes down to tackling, we're gonna have to really tackle well against them, if we don't do that it could be a long night. And I want to say thank you to all our neighbors that have our back on this one, thanks for sticking up for us and letting certain people know that they haven't won this game yet...yall know who you are!!![/quote'] Good post. Good analysis, the Tigers once they stop the fumbles will be very good.

BOBCAT WROTE:

If we can force him to pitch the ball and hit him in the mouth a few times, we might be able to slow that part of their game down.

If you can force our QB to pitch the ball then please do!! This is his first year running the veer offense and he hasn't quite gotten the reads down yet. He has a lot of raw talent and the potential to be one of the best QBs to come out Silsbee period, but he needs to learn to make the veer work for him, and to do that he has to pitch the ball. We have a great backfield as well, and to this point they've made most of their yardage running straight up the gut. The truth is you've got it all wrong Bobcat. If you can get our QB to keep the ball when he should pitch then you might have a chance, but if he ever learns to make the read and let go of the football its going to be a long night in Bobcat land.

Actually, I thought Harper made some pretty good reads on those last 2 drives, particularly the last game winning drive. He kept the ball alot on that drive but Newton was keying on the inside run and putiing a db on the rb that would take the pitch. Also, on the rollout pass plays, instead of Harper trying to force a pass, he would see a run lane and would tuck it and pick up considerable yardage. I do agree, the Tigers need to get more deversified, pitch it more and throw more short passes, not always throw the long one. I see Harper growing as a Qb and I see the Tiger offense getting better and better.

I couldn't agree with you more Aggie. Haper has alot of talent, and I think he is getting a little better every game, but making good decisions on the last two drives of a game and making good decisions the whole game is the difference between a winning season, and a hard push in the playoff or a third place spot and nowhere in the playoffs. Maybe not even a third place spot in this district. No one is perfect , but Silsbee has to much talent this year and needs to become a well rounded team fast . There were several times in the Newton game where the pitch had T.D. written all over it or a receiver was standing all alone in the end zone waving his hands , but never got a look. PNG as well. We have the talent to go all the way this year, but a one man shows don't last very long I'm afraid.

I know this WOS hopes that Silsbee or Jasper makes it to the playoffs or they go BIG SCHOOL!

i really don't think it matters, we were the Div I rep last year and went to the semi-finals. i figure that silsbee makes the playoffs this year so it does appear, if we make the playoffs, that we would be the D II rep this year. another reason i say it doesn't matter much is that both D I and D II have a lot of great football teams.

i know SILSBEE hopes they dont get too many more kids so they dont have to go back to 4-a and get BEEEEEAT DOOOWN.I AM DIRECTING THIS TOWARDS CHAMPIO' date=' NO ONE ELSE THAT PLAYS FOR SILSBEE.[/quote']

Why does this guy think that he has to drag my name into everything. Did I beat you up as a kid or something? Have fun in 5a in a few years Pimp Smack.... Also nice choice in name it shows your class or lack their of....... Also I think Silsbee made the playoffs in 4a what 5 years ago? When was the last time you guys made the playoffs in 4a?

Guest bleed orange

You young guys are missing the big picture. I am guessing you are younger than me, pretty sure you are. If you look at the sucessful programs in the area, what sticks out? Their head coach has been there for a long time, Dan Hooks, Cutis Barbay and the Nederland head coach (did not want to misspell his last name) have been there for many years. They coach they same way they did 30 years ago. That is the difference! All of these other school will never be as successful as these programs because they change coaches every 2-5 years. Society won't let new coaches coach old school way and therefore they will do good when they have talent but not go very far in the playoffs and they will not do good when they don't have talent. Think about it, how does WOS, Nederland and Newton have talent every year, they don't. Its coaching my friends.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder