Silsbee at Orangefield

SilsbeeD

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kelly Football
You young guys are missing the big picture. I am guessing you are younger than me' date=' pretty sure you are. If you look at the sucessful programs in the area, what sticks out? Their head coach has been there for a long time, Dan Hooks, Cutis Barbay and the Nederland head coach (did not want to misspell his last name) have been there for many years. They coach they same way they did 30 years ago. That is the difference! All of these other school will never be as successful as these programs because they change coaches every 2-5 years. Society won't let new coaches coach old school way and therefore they will do good when they have talent but not go very far in the playoffs and they will not do good when they don't have talent. Think about it, how does WOS, Nederland and Newton have talent every year, they don't. Its coaching my friends.[/quote'] :D Those Schools have talent every Year, trust me. Yes Coaching is the main ingredient but those Schools have talent. WOS has D1 kids every year.

I'm not trying to offend anyone here, but a lot is being said about the Silsbee offense. This is just me, but It seems that the attention needs to be on the defense. Giving up 28 points a game is not going to cut it in the playoffs, D1 or D2. If they could shore up the defense, they could better use that bll control veer offense and not have to score so many points.

Also, WO-S will be happy to make the playoffs, D1 or D2, it don't matter to us.

Guest bleed orange

You are right "Pimp", Silsbee or Bridge city does not want to go to 4A because they cannot compete and they know that. The only schools that can is WOS, They have been doing it for years. "Kelly", I agree they do have talent(WOS, Newton) But not that many years in a row. Coaching has something to do with it. Curtis Barbay Is coaching grandchildren and great grandchildren of players who played for him. That is the key.

Guest bleed orange

How about a history lesson. 2 years ago you went undefeated in district and got beat in the first playoff game. Jasper went all the way to the state final. Go figure!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest bleed orange

Actually we went 0-10 that year and were not expected to go to the playoffs. Like I said before you talk big now that you are in 3A. You pretty much sucked in 4a. You are really not doing that good in 3A except maybe in district. That means nothing when it come to the playoff's.

I agree with some of what you said, bleed orange. Yes, Silsbee may not have met most peoples expectations for their football team since they have dropped down to 3A, particularly in the playoffs. The other sports have faired very well, though. We ran into a pretty good Palestine team our first year, and last year when we played them our defense played pathetic, probably their worse game of the year.

What I don't agree with you on is the part about Silsbee sucking in 4A. Yes, those last 2 seasons were terrible, two of the worst in Silsbee's history. But, the Tigers went to the playoffs in 3 of those last 6 years in 4A, '98,'99, and '01. They went to the regional finals in '98, losing to LaMarque 20-14, who lost to Stephenville later in the finals. In '99, Silsbee lost to PNG 17-10, who also later lost to Stephenville in the finals that year. The Tigers had some success, I wouldn't say they sucked.

Guest bleed orange

OK, maybe suck was a little strong. Hey preacher you are going to have to do better than that. Jealous, thats funny. I have been trying to find the word "ahame" in the dictionary. I can't find it. Is that a word preacher? :roll:

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Neches: HBP (Runner tagged) F9 Single LF (Runners at corners) SB (Runners 2nd & 3rd) K - swinging F6 Neches strands 2 and scores no one off of 1 hit.
    • First pitch about to be in the books.
    • Chester will be the home team tonight.  Neches Tigers will be the visitors.
    • The locals have almost finished firing the first ever Speaker of the House from Southeast Texas upon direct order of Trump and his minions.   It's a sad day... Locals have decided that being represented by the most powerful man in the House didn't mean anything.... they'd rather a political novice to represent this part of SETX.  And why is that?  He wasn't MAGA enough for them.  Who cares that it will hurt locally... What Trump says, goes.     Just yesterday I saw Trump on television demanding that we fire Phelan... How he's a RINO, weak on the border, etc... why?  Because he wouldn't overlook the criminal actions done by Ken Paxton, one of Trump's key supporters in the effort to overturn the 2020 Election and allow Trump to remain in office despite the will of the voters.   Trump never even mentioned Covey's name, and I doubt he would recognize Covey if Covey walked up with a cup of coffee.  Who cares that it's bad for SETX?  Not the R voters from SETX!   Then I saw Covey's preacher on a different ad tell a bald face lie.  Why should Phelan be fired?  "He put Democrats in positions of power in the House."  Really?  That's been the position of BOTH parties for as long as anybody can remember.  They ALWAYS give the minority party committee chairmanships.  But in 2022 the Rs decided that the practice should stop.  Democrat voters should not be allowed a voice in the crafting of legislation if there is a single majority Republican seat in the House, according to the Rs.  Representative Government?  Never heard of it, huh? Never did I believe that we'd have an abortion ban, constitutional carry, huge cuts for school property taxes, and Texas law enforcement being greenlit to enforce immigration law.  But it all happened while Phelan was speaker.  Without a doubt, the most conservative Speaker, ever.  But still a dirty RINO for not being MAGA enough.  It would be funny if it weren't true.   I've been following politics long enough to remember when Rs couldn't get elected in Texas... I'm confident that we're headed back that direction.  I mean, it's obvious that with population shifts we'll be turning blue eventually.  I think that the behavior of the leadership of the Republican Party is going to cause that shift sooner than expected.  I won't be surprised to see Democrat Senators and possibly even a governor elected within 12 years.  Maybe less.  The Rs will be a party apparatus without a voting base behind them.
    • Yellowjacket faithful are still pouring into Hudson HS’s Gipson Field!!!!  
  • Topics