Liberty vs. Huffman

This is my post from weeks ago and I still have the same opinion. . .stats are just a little off now  ;)

Hmmmm well PANTHERPLAYA I am sure you already think I am going to choose Huffman just to go against Liberty. . .and I AM going to choose Huffman, but rather than picking a team based on blind pride I am going to let the defense do the talking. Before the Coldspring game Huffman’s defense had only allowed 102 rushing yards (on avg) per game. Since Liberty is primarily a running team ( over 70% of their total offense coming from the ground attack) this gives Huffman advantage point #1. Second Huffman has what has proven to be the best producing aerial attack in the district and since Liberty’s “D†has been kind of sketchy this year Huffman gains advantage point #2.

OUTCOME: Huffman 35 – Liberty 14

Ha . . . I don't have a dog in this fight, but I like to see the underdog win from time to time and my vision in this one is if Liberty loses and the Pirates can pull off a win against Huffman then Shepherd can get themselves a playoff berth! As far as my association with the district, lets just say I am vested.  ;)

Who is your team Kats?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which Huffman team will show up BigCal?

I heard that it is going to be PACKED! Class of 1999 has already reseved a section! Might need to get there early to get a seat. Lets see how many that stadium really does hold!

Huffman has only beaten Liberty 1 time in school history, last year.

it will most certainly be packed, first because its homecoming and second because they are goin to try and repeat what we did last year (beat liberty). I think the pass game from huffman will show up in full force and will be a terror for the liberty d all night long. along with a few run and trick plays this will be mainly a pass game to see if liberty can stop the pass. However, liberty is looking for payback since we did shut them out on their homecoming last year. BUT overall huffman has alot of reasons to wanna hang 100 up on em, probably will end up around 42-7

and you will need to get there early for a seat, i wont be there till around 2nd half, cause i dont get off till 9. Hey ETBU think you can text me updates until i get there friday please?

I am hoping to be early for this one!I think you might be right Big Cal about the passing game!

I am hoping to see Huffman conquer 2,000 yards passing this year!

Can we tailgate at the new stadium? Not in the ADULT way!

I think it might be a shoot out!

Well at the home opener we were tailgating and we cleaned up our area so i don't see why we wouldn't be able to. i would just call mrs hitt to double check.

and i agree, with the rest of huffmans schedule i wouldn't be shocked if they acheived the 2k mark for passing

Guest falcons

i think that the falcons have the best coaching staff in the district? what do yall think? thiseil  good to see you on here and miss watching yall play. how are the boys doing? are yall on college studying hard? i think also that the boys and passing game is one of the best in the state.

i think that the falcons have the best coaching staff in the district? what do yall think? thiseil  good to see you on here and miss watching yall play. how are the boys doing? are yall on college studying hard? i think also that the boys and passing game is one of the best in the state.

the staff is good but im not sure about the best. we miss playin. were all doin good most of us are in college but studyin hard now thats another thing lol

my boy sures like playing for coach swarz and the the rest of them. coach mac sure is good fellow and cares about the kids and just thank the lord that we moved out here. big cal where you at college at? where is chandler and rest of the boys like pate.

im at kingwood gettin my basics done. hamilton is playin at etbu. chandler is at sfa and tyler and d'agrella are up at lon morris? not sure how to spell it lol

I feel like its different now. Its not really like that now. A couple years ago the local cops called a small group, made up of football players, cheerleaders, etc., the "elite brass". we all laughed at the thought that they were trying to seperate the trouble makers from everyone else. But the truth is we all used to hangout with everyone. I think every football team has to be close. Its just how it happens. If youve ever played you know that you just get close to the guys that play with you. Thats one great thing about when school is over, you still have those same group of friends. Real friends. I

I dont think Liberty's team lacks that togetherness. I know most of those guys and they are pretty close, closer than last years class. They do have the talent to win games. But, like I said before, they are not used to winning...

They are close and all stick together, but a lot of them are playing for them selves, trying to make them selves look good! I know you haven't been to many games this year but its evident every week. I PROMISE you that... They aren't used to winning i will agree there going all the way back to middle school. 

But now back to the topic i think the game will be closer than people think, Huffman  will probably score in the 30's and beat liberty but, not by all that much! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder