***Crosby vs GCM***

ImJusSayn

YA'll are way off base here I do not know the family's circumstances but Xavier's father graduated from Dayton.Now,Gregory Charles the 07 QB transfer from New Orleans as a Katrina transfer led the Broncos to the semi-finals so by ya'lls terms he was recruited?Bullsh get your facts together.So if in this economy a family relocates for economic reasons they were inticed to move?There aren't any big conglomerate corporations/refineries,factories in Liberty County to offer parents a promo to move their atheletic kids there.Now other places hummmmm been going on for 50 years.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Dayton TAKS test scores as well as some others areas are all that great. A student that is an OK student  but a great athlete can move to school like this and become a good student as well as a great athlete and they all of sudden become even more appealling to scouts and what not.....You get the picture

Don't know to much about Crosby looks like they might be a little down this year the ambush they took from Ennis didn't help any. One player (Franks) shouldn't kill a program Crosby has a alot bigger gene pool than Dayton to draw from. Goose Creek is hungry and has a good team ! I think the Goose takes this one if they stick to what they do best-passing.  --- By the way Ennis got spanked by Waco last week---

Are all of yall stupid, we are District 19 4A first of all, we are 2-2, 2-0. We beat KP 35-6 last week I was their i do stats for Crosby im a senior. Xavier didnt transfer for academic reason our TAKS scores are a hell of lot better than Dayton. One of u GCM fans said Merka was hurt and on crutches u dont know what u are talking about, i just saw him in Physics and all day he aint hurt. Bluejay we are gonna beat GCM Friday we kicked butt last week our defense has dominated the last 2 games, 33-10 vs CE King and 35-6 KP come on now

Are all of yall stupid, we are District 19 4A first of all, we are 2-2, 2-0. We beat KP 35-6 last week I was their i do stats for Crosby im a senior. Xavier didnt transfer for academic reason our TAKS scores are a heck of lot better than Dayton. One of u GCM fans said Merka was hurt and on crutches u dont know what u are talking about, i just saw him in Physics and all day he aint hurt. Bluejay we are gonna beat GCM Friday we kicked butt last week our defense has dominated the last 2 games, 33-10 vs CE King and 35-6 KP come on now

I don't think Dayton TAKS test scores are as well as some others areas are all that great. A student that is an OK student  but a great athlete can move to school like this and become a good student as well as a great athlete and they all of sudden become even more appealling to scouts and what not.....You get the picture

Really...... You were there to do the stats or you were their do their stats ? ImJusSayn....

But i believe this is exactly what I was saying about the test scores but after reading this post I am not so sure anymore..... :o

Dayton people just cannot admit that Xavier and the Lacour kid(all state track)moved to Dayton for football reasons..Xavier moved down the road 6 miles just for there Senior year..Its no secret that Xavier parents made him move,he still runs around with his former classmates from Crosby and told everyone his dad made him move..His mom and dad made no secrets about that they did not want him playing behind the OL this year because they were afraid he would get hurt..So stop saying he moved there because his dad graduated from Dayton and the same about the Lacour kid..Its not for jobs because when you onlly move 6-10 miles down the road you can keep your same job....

Dayton people just cannot admit that Xavier and the Lacour kid(all state track)moved to Dayton for football reasons..Xavier moved down the road 6 miles just for there Senior year..Its no secret that Xavier parents made him move,he still runs around with his former classmates from Crosby and told everyone his dad made him move..His mom and dad made no secrets about that they did not want him playing behind the OL this year because they were afraid he would get hurt..So stop saying he moved there because his dad graduated from Dayton and the same about the Lacour kid..Its not for jobs because when you onlly move 6-10 miles down the road you can keep your same job....

The Lacours and Franks dads both graduated from Dayton.  They wised up and moved because they are grown men and can live anywhere they want to.  I am just glad that you are a mind reader.  We can all assume that they moved for athletic purposes.  Just like i can assume that you are a dumb a__ but I don't know that for sure.

Guest Ranger83

BHfan thanx for supporting us those GCM thugs are rude no lie, cody larson is a good kid and qb i hope we beat them though its our Homecoming ill be there. Crosby is gonna send the Patriots back to Baytown with another district loss. 

Hey sport, mix in a little grammar every once in a while! "GCM thugs"? Come on now! Step away from your daddy's computer and take a reality check! People who live in glass houses, should not throw stones.

As for you big wins against CEK and KP. Congrats! The varsity schedule starts Friday night. It'll be a lot like your non-district schedule. Enjoy the parade, it'll be your last happy Homecoming memory for the week!

Honestly, if you had a kid that was a good athlete and had been misused in a place and you wanted him to have success where would you rather him play, Crosby or Dayton?  For Flannigan or Stewart.  The kid moved and that is the end of it.  Crosby even put in their article this summer that their starting RB out of spring was a transfer from where? DAYTON!!!  So they traded a starter for a starter. 

Guest Ranger83

Honestly, if you had a kid that was a good athlete and had been misused in a place and you wanted him to have success where would you rather him play, Crosby or Dayton?  For Flannigan or Stewart.  The kid moved and that is the end of it.  Crosby even put in their article this summer that their starting RB out of spring was a transfer from where? DAYTON!!!  So they traded a starter for a starter. 

If I remember correctly, the kid from Dayton is a sophomore. So a "starter for a starter" is not really a good comparison. I was also under the impression, or maybe I have Xavier's dad's name wrong, that his dad was at Crosby when my wife was teaching there in the late 80's early 90's.

In the end, it really does not matter. Kids "move" for athletic purposes all the time. We all wish that some good athletes would "move" to our school. That's just the way it is!

If I remember correctly, the kid from Dayton is a sophomore. So a "starter for a starter" is not really a good comparison. I was also under the impression, or maybe I have Xavier's dad's name wrong, that his dad was at Crosby when my wife was teaching there in the late 80's early 90's.

In the end, it really does not matter. Kids "move" for athletic purposes all the time. We all wish that some good athletes would "move" to our school. That's just the way it is!

who's the kid that moved to Crosby from Dayton??

Guest Ranger83

Brad Clark

Brad Clark

ah... thanks

I still don't hear Crosby people crying over losing anyone.  Also, there should be an age limit for posters, unfortunately there is no way to block the over 30 crowd.

Your right, Crosby is not going to crumble over one player. That is an insult to an annually competitive team.

With all the hype, and hoopla, and fuss over Xavier Franks, the kid from BH, Caleb Stork, had more receptions, yardage and TD's when he ended his season 3 1/2 games into it with broken collar bone than Franks does.. Maybe the wrong kid was getting all the press in 19-4a.....and he's also in the top 10% of his class.. No academic problems there....Way to go Caleb.... 19 receptions for 292 yards and 5 TD's....

Guest Ranger83

With all the hype, and hoopla, and fuss over Xavier Franks, the kid from BH, Caleb Stork, had more receptions, yardage and TD's when he ended his season 3 1/2 games into it with broken collar bone than Franks does.. Maybe the wrong kid was getting all the press in 19-4a.....and he's also in the top 10% of his class.. No academic problems there....Way to go Caleb.... 19 receptions for 292 yards and 5 TD's....

Where did Caleb transfer from this year? That's the point of the "hype and hoopla". Nothing more, nothing less. Relax!

Academic Reasons..... I guess the Casey kid should have went to Dayton too, then he and AJ could be watching the games together on Sat. instead of returning int's for TD's. Just a thought....

you do know AJ is playing for the #12 team in the country right? even if it is limited

you do know by all accounts chance actually lived in the dayton school district right?

Dayton's got a lot of weapons... and Xavier's no dummy. Talk to the kid for 2 minutes and that's obvious.

Xaviers stats through 4 games - yardage per touch is what should be looked at.

rushing - did stork run the ball any?

9 attempts for 85 yds  1 td

receiving

13 for 274 yds  4tds

He also has and INT and a ton of tackles on defense. The hoopla was well guided.... we've got a lot of kids that can carry the load here in Dayton. BTW... not running down stork. Sucks that is season is over.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami