***Crosby vs GCM***

ImJusSayn

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is very easy to find that information.  Just go to the school districts website and look up their AEIS report.  But the one thing that 4x4 has done is take that information and used it to fit his argument.  He talks bad about Dayton but if you look at their AEIS report compared to Crosby, then you notice that Dayton scored better on every facet of the TAKS test for 10th graders in 2008 than Crosby's 10th graders.  But if I was like 4x4 I would leave at that and say that Dayton is better.  But if you look at 11th graders then Crosby did score better in each subject than Dayton did by an average of 4 points in each subject which correlates to getting one more question correct on the test.  For 9th graders Dayton and Crosby scored the same in Reading and Crosby was better in Math.  As far as ACT and SAT scores are concerned then Crosby is higher on the SAT BUT Dayton is higher on the ACT.  There is a ton of information out there for people to use but at least use it honestly so that you are not trying to call kids in other places dumb.  Those kids have worked hard as well.

Well done Fan.

Haha....you've gotta be kidding me....

Standardized test scores show you how well prepared the students were for the standardized tests and nothing more.  There's gotta be a better way to measure student progress...

Anyway, all of you academics go to another board...this is a football board. 

I still think Crosby wins! Don't care for the fans that much ,but Crosby is at home and it's homecoming. GCM winnig this would be an upset in my book, but we will see 8) I'm going to this one to get a sneek peek of both teams!! Any Dayton fans going to this one insteed of you beatdown over NF?

Guest Ranger83

I still think Crosby wins! Don't care for the fans that much ,but Crosby is at home and it's homecoming. GCM winning this would be an upset in my book, but we will see 8) I'm going to this one to get a sneak peek of both teams!! Any Dayton fans going to this one insteed of you beatdown over NF?

OK, here's my question for this distinguished panel:

Unlike baseball, where the "home" team has last at bat, home much of an advantage is the "home" field? Unless you play on a cow pasture (North Forrest), how does it really make a difference?

I still think Crosby wins! Don't care for the fans that much ,but Crosby is at home and it's homecoming. GCM winning this would be an upset in my book, but we will see 8) I'm going to this one to get a sneak peek of both teams!! Any Dayton fans going to this one insteed of you beatdown over NF?

OK, here's my question for this distinguished panel:

Unlike baseball, where the "home" team has last at bat, home much of an advantage is the "home" field? Unless you play on a cow pasture (North Forrest), how does it really make a difference?

Its more of a mental advantage than anything. A field is a field , but when your home stands are filled to capacity and the stadium is rocking it helps alot IMHO.  Ask PNG ;D

Already seen GCM....Crosby is still the same team....they'll come in, give up 40, score 20, and leave crying like they have since what 1990??

Too Dayton maybe ;D but they left us crying the last two years  :'( and GCM last year.  :'(

Finally, I know for a fact that at least one baseball parent has been on here bad mouthing their son's own school because they have a beef with Crosby's FB coach.  This is petty and immature. It's funny that the best baseball player in Crosby since J.R. Towles is now playing and starting on defense.  This would have never happened if the Thompsons were still here.  Maybe Wayne Graham was right, playing football makes you a better baseball player.

Wow, 4x4 looks like you may have a beef with a baseball parent?  If you thought he was immature by posting, I guess you are as well.  I have no problem with being immature if this is what you call it.  I agree that the player you are refering to now playing baseball is one of the most talented players to come thru Crosby in a while, yet their maybe some past kids over looked such as Buck or even a couple players on the current team.  It's no secret that many good athletes don't play football because of Flanigan and the way he operates his program.  If you thought Thompson's had so much control you may want to rethink, look at the facilities and the way there hands always seemed to be tied by Flanigan and his football first everything else last. 

Guest Ranger83

Already seen GCM....Crosby is still the same team....they'll come in, give up 40, score 20, and leave crying like they have since what 1990??

Too Dayton maybe ;D but they left us crying the last two years  :'( and GCM last year.  :'(

It's a widely known that GCM Patriot tears can cure cancer.

It's too bad GCM Patriots never cry.  ;D

O come on :D last Friday night I heard the Waambulance  :'( comeing through BH South from Dayton ;D ;D

Guest Ranger83

O come on :D last Friday night I heard the Waambulance  :'( comeing through BH South from Dayton ;D ;D

That was not us, that was that stupid horn going off every time Dayton scored!

Insert Quote

Finally, I know for a fact that at least one baseball parent has been on here bad mouthing their son's own school because they have a beef with Crosby's FB coach.  This is petty and immature. It's funny that the best baseball player in Crosby since J.R. Towles is now playing and starting on defense.  This would have never happened if the Thompsons were still here.  Maybe Wayne Graham was right, playing football makes you a better baseball player.

4X4, I am not sure where you are coming from but can you please tell me how I am bad mouthing Crosby? Everyone that lives here knows that X and Flannigan never got along. Everyone that goes to the games knows we have one of the smallest teams in 4A on both sides of the ball. The best player since JR Towles is playing football and that makes you a better baseball player? You are calling me immature? Are you kidding me? Trey Buck is now at Kansas State, he is the best player since Towles. You need to get your ego in check.There are two other kids that are currently playing that you could make arguments for. Why don't you convince Flannigan to spend money on something else besides football, that's what I have a problem with, along with about 200 other people.

:'( :'(  Haha....they're going to be laughing and hootin' it up around 10 tonight..... ;)

That was not us, that was that stupid horn going off every time Dayton scored!

I don't know how it's still functioning as much as it was used the other night....

Insert Quote

Finally, I know for a fact that at least one baseball parent has been on here bad mouthing their son's own school because they have a beef with Crosby's FB coach.  This is petty and immature. It's funny that the best baseball player in Crosby since J.R. Towles is now playing and starting on defense.  This would have never happened if the Thompsons were still here.  Maybe Wayne Graham was right, playing football makes you a better baseball player.

4X4, I am not sure where you are coming from but can you please tell me how I am bad mouthing Crosby? Everyone that lives here knows that X and Flannigan never got along. Everyone that goes to the games knows we have one of the smallest teams in 4A on both sides of the ball. The best player since JR Towles is playing football and that makes you a better baseball player? You are calling me immature? Are you kidding me? Trey Buck is now at Kansas State, he is the best player since Towles. You need to get your ego in check.There are two other kids that are currently playing that you could make arguments for. Why don't you convince Flannigan to spend money on something else besides football, that's what I have a problem with, along with about 200 other people.

Who is the best player who plays football now? Dangerous  move for him, if he's being compared with J.R Towles

Guest Ranger83

Insert Quote

Who is the best player who plays football now? Dangerous  move for him, if he's being compared with J.R Towles

How's that? You ever seen a teenager drive a car? Now THAT'S dangerous!

Insert Quote

How's that? You ever seen a teenager drive a car? Now THAT'S dangerous!

True statement, but i was just asking a question, not looking for controversy

Guest Ranger83

Whats  all this political talk about Crosby ? I thought this was Daytons thread :D : ;):)

Well, since Dayton has "owned" both of us for the past few years, in a round about way it is their thread.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124