Couple notes on the Livingston Stadium and Facilities topic....

EagleAG03

Alot of people complaining about the stadium and facilities there in Livingston but believe me guys the coaches and school administration know about how crappy and problematic that place is. 

First, the field looked like crap because they had just played that week all the rain came through and when they played Caney Creek they tore up the field.

Second, that field is old and the reasons for them not having a new one stem from a couple of different things.

--Livingston ISD has tried multiple times in the past (4 or 5 times) to get the community to pass a bond to build a new school, the high school they are in now was built in the late 60's early 70's.  Every time they have TRIED to get that bond passed, included in that proposal has been new facilities for football.  So, just this past year they FINALLY got the community people to pass the bond without the field and they are in the process of starting to build that high school. (baby steps) Part of the reason it has taken so long is because alot of that town is supported by old money from the lake and those people don't have kids in school so why worry about building a new one to them.

--Livingston is land locked right now inside the city.  The plan a few years back was to build a new school, where the new middle school currently sits, and move the high school there with a new stadium.  Again, for numerous reasons that school wasn't built up to par for the high school to move into and the land around that is owned by the hospital so there is no land to build a new stadium anyway.

--Livingston football over the past 20 years or so has been pretty bad for the most part, with a season here or there thrown in that was pretty good.  If you aren't used to winning most people are going to shoot down anyone coming to them asking for money to build a new stadium for a program that doesn't win.  Since Rowe has gotten there they are starting to win, going to the playoffs 3 of the 4 years before this year and if they make it this year that would be 4 of 5.  The more he wins the more people will be willing to spend that kind of money for new facilities.

There are other reasons that I could throw out there but those are probably the best three.  So, while some of you may hate the fact that you have to travel to such a crappy place to play one Friday night out of the year, just remember that there are always things happening behind the scenes you may not know of.  It's a dump, don't get me wrong, but they are trying to change it I promise. 

The area where the new high school is being built is being planned right in that they bought up PLENTY of land around it and they will build in stages.  First, the high school then the Stadium.  So, if you get to come back in 4 or 5 years MAYBE you will get to play in a better stadium if they can keep winning and the community will support them by giving them the money and resources to build that new stadium.

You know, what really got this started was the coaches attempt to limit the number of visitor fans by involving the Fire Marshall. Geez, if you see me at a Lumberton home game actually sitting in the stands, it's probably that ONE time a year I actually go sit in my seat before the game to see where it is (I buy season tickets 3rd row-50 yard line and never use it.) or I'm up there talking to someone for a second, otherwise I prefer to stand along the fence and move somewhat with the ball. As for the field, to me when it gets muddy, the game usually gets real good, that's when bad teams get better and good teams get worse, so I never have a problem with that. Now your bathroom situation there is a little short on space, lol, but hey, you got alot of trees around ;^). I'm not sure if the coach is fighting for his job or what, but don't try and limit the number of fans showing up, for one thing that has a direct effect on the $bottom line$ of the game, and if you're going to come up with a lame reason to get rid of our noisemakers, do it before the game starts NOT when there are two minutes left and that should go for the HOME side too. Now that's one issue I'm not gonna forget.

He's not fighting for his job at all.

Knowing everything I know I would ALMOST guarantee you he had nothing to do with it initially. Actually, he prides himself on having a packed house and tells his kids that all the time.

Actually, the fire marshall in that town is pretty strict. A couple of years ago at Livingston's homecoming they started sending people away. He is just like that and has the power to do it and  the coaches and administration can't do anything about it.

If you noticed the fence around the stadium there were three rolling gates that were ordered by the fire marshall to be put in a couple years ago. He has the right to do it and the power to do it. That stadium would be a nightmare to get out of quickly and that's why they have to limit people. Sucks though.

Now, the noisemaker thing I agree should have been taken care of earlier than that. But oh well.

In regards to the noisemakers, UIL outlawed all noisemakers at games starting this year. The noisemakers should not have even been allowed into the stadium. Go to the UIL website, it explains clearly what cannot be brought into stadiums.

Personally, I hate this new rule.

Not me. I Love it!  that means we won't ever have to listen to that annoying L-train horn again!

Back to the thread, I am looking forward to the Livinston game. I like the small town atmosphere. Just going to have to get there early!

In regards to the noisemakers, UIL outlawed all noisemakers at games starting this year. The noisemakers should not have even been allowed into the stadium. Go to the UIL website, it explains clearly what cannot be brought into stadiums.

Personally, I hate this new rule.

(n) MASCOTS, FIREARMS, PYROTECHNIC DEVICES, BALLOONS. Live animal mascots, cannons, firearms,

fireworks, etc. are prohibited at League athletic contests. Except in their normal course of business, emergency vehicles shall not flash lights or sound sirens during the course of a game. Noisemakers are prohibited at League athletic events held in field houses and/or gymnasiums. Releasing balloons is prohibited at League athletic events held outdoors.

This is the is the only prohibition I can find in the UIL Constitution.  No mention of outside facilities except for the release of balloons.  However, this doesn't prevent a facility from enforcing their own rules regarding noise makers.

EagleAg: Thanks for the information on Livingston's field.  I know we beat this topic pretty good, but other team's fans who visit there will probably have similar comments in the future.  The people from Lumberton certainly are not uppity, believe me, we're along way from having the facilities like PNG or Nederland.  Livingston had a lot of fans in attendance and I hope they get a new field at their High School location, they certainly deserve it.

Knowing everything I know I would ALMOST guarantee you he had nothing to do with it initially. Actually, he prides himself on having a packed house and tells his kids that all the time.

Actually, the fire marshall in that town is pretty strict. A couple of years ago at Livingston's homecoming they started sending people away. He is just like that and has the power to do it and the coaches and administration can't do anything about it.

If you noticed the fence around the stadium there were three rolling gates that were ordered by the fire marshall to be put in a couple years ago. He has the right to do it and the power to do it. That stadium would be a nightmare to get out of quickly and that's why they have to limit people. Sucks though.

Now, the noisemaker thing I agree should have been taken care of earlier than that. But oh well.

Why did Lumberton have to stop blowing the train horn? The police made the man in the stands stop on the Lumberton side why? If we had to stop how come Livingston didn't have to stop? Sounds like to me when you start getting taken to the woodshed for a beaten you are going to stop anything you can to make it start going back your way.

Actually, the fire marshall in that town is pretty strict. A couple of years ago at Livingston's homecoming they started sending people away. He is just like that and has the power to do it and the coaches and administration can't do anything about it.

Why did Lumberton have to stop blowing the train horn? The police made the man in the stands stop on the Lumberton side why? If we had to stop how come Livingston didn't have to stop? Sounds like to me when you start getting taken to the woodshed for a beaten you are going to stop anything you can to make it start going back your way.

I agree 100%. It really upset me when they made us stop blowing our horn and not even 1 min passed and they

(lions) started blowing there horn. The horn has nothing to do with the outcome or playing of the game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01