23A Open District This Week

OK to those of you who are 23A guys its time to pick em. All the non district games are completed and I would like to know where you believe the eight teams in district will finish. So pick em 1-8. We will see who was right in early November

1.  Evadale        7-0

2.  Hull-Daisetta  5-2

3.  Colmesneil      4-3

3.  West Hardin    4-3

Playoff spot determined by who wins game between Colm and WH

5.  High Island      3-4

6.  Chester          2-5

7.  Sabine Pass    1-6

8.  Burkeville        0-7

Thats how I see it tonight, Sept 19th. Injuries and grades can make changes happen, so we will see!

Good luck to all the coaches, players and fans. See yo all in the next seven weeks.

Guest checkmate

I agree with most of what you say Yeller....however, I think your prediction of Burkeville is a little off. I realize that the Mustangs finished 0-7 last year but this is a totally different team...7 new starters on defense and 6 on offense ( alot more speed even though they are young). Do not let the fact that they were blown out by Joaquin and Tenaha fool you ( believe it or not those teams would beat the Rebels..know you dont want to hear that but its true..Im sorry...and anyone who knows high school football knows that) I realize that the Mustangs are rebuilding but I honestly think they will win at least two or three games this year..I predict them at 2-8. No doubt the Rebels win the district...I predict them at 10-0...then they will lose in the first round of the playoffs when they face a tough defense. Hull-Daisetta and West Hardin will be the other playoff teams. Thats just my predictions...good luck to the Rebels and all other teams in the district.

My picks for the playoffs is Evadale, Daisetta, and its out of West hardin and High Island.....thats my playoff picks

My pick in order is

1 evadale

2 WH

3 HD

2 and 3 might be reversed i have seen both teams play and i think that WH has the better team, but WH has to go to HD and for some reason always seem to play thier worst game of the year there

Here's my picks for the year.  ;D :o ;D

1.  Evadale          6-1  Sounds like a great team this year, but will lose 1 game

2.  West Hardin    5-2

3.  Colmesneil      4-3  Colmesneil breaks tie with heads up win over High Island

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4.  High Island      4-3

5.  Hull-Daisetta  3-4    Daisetta over Chester heads up for #5 spot

6.  Chester          3-4

7.  Sabine Pass    2-5

8.  Burkeville        1-6

I agree with most of what you say Yeller....however, I think your prediction of Burkeville is a little off. I realize that the Mustangs finished 0-7 last year but this is a totally different team...7 new starters on defense and 6 on offense ( alot more speed even though they are young). Do not let the fact that they were blown out by Joaquin and Tenaha fool you ( believe it or not those teams would beat the Rebels..know you dont want to hear that but its true..Im sorry...and anyone who knows high school football knows that) I realize that the Mustangs are rebuilding but I honestly think they will win at least two or three games this year..I predict them at 2-8. No doubt the Rebels win the district...I predict them at 10-0...then they will lose in the first round of the playoffs when they face a tough defense. Hull-Daisetta and West Hardin will be the other playoff teams. Thats just my predictions...good luck to the Rebels and all other teams in the district.

DANG...what was that?  A "You Rebs disgust me, but good luck anyway?  Or, "I love you Rebs but I have a strange way of saying it"?  Who said anything about Joaquin or Tenaha?  Heck I'll skate around it, I believe Evadale could play with Joaquin, but I know nothing about Tenaha, so not saying.    :-\ :-\  "I know you don't want to hear that... but its true...I'm sorry.  (can't believe I said that)

Sounds like...you know its the insurance that you really need to have, and if you don't have it, that's why you need it!  And if you get hurt and miss work, if wont hurt to miss work....    never mind... ??? ???

We are rarely competitive in football, but we always have some big ol' boys.  They stand around in the stands because when they are in school they weigh lil' to nothing.  After they graduate they get big.....gotta haul that pulp-wood.  I hope they can make a run, and Coach Franklin is a great coach.  Sting 'em jackets.

Guest Burkeville Chronicle

Here is my predictions:

Evadale, West Hardin,Hull-Daisetta, will make the playoffs. Chester86 good to see you on here..dont think I ever have..good luck to the Yellowjackets. (tell Coach Franklin and Coach Tatom hello) I hope I am wrong about my predictions and The Mustangs are on that list...Keep the faith everyone!!!

Back in the day.....(I graduated in '86) Burkeville would put it on us.  I work with Alfred and Tim Spikes, and I told 'em I remembered them....but only ever saw the back of their jerseys as they were scoring touchdown after touchdown.  Everything goes in cycles, but I can't remember the last time we were good for any period of time.....unless you talk about baseball.  We have some strong teams in our district, but I think you are probably going to be close.

OK to those of you who are 23A guys its time to pick em. All the non district games are completed and I would like to know where you believe the eight teams in district will finish. So pick em 1-8. We will see who was right in early November

1.  Evadale         7-0

2.  Hull-Daisetta  5-2

3.  Colmesneil      4-3

3.  West Hardin    4-3

5.  High Island      3-4

6.  Chester          2-5

7.  Sabine Pass    1-6

Thats how I see it tonight, Sept 19th. Injuries and grades can make changes happen, so we will see!

Good luck to all the coaches, players and fans. See yo all in the next seven weeks.

I think your underestimating High Island, they are not the same team as they were last year they came to play this yr i think you will see that this week

1.  Evadale         7-0

2.  Hull-Daisetta  5-2

3.  Colmesneil      4-3

3.  West Hardin    4-3

5.  High Island      3-4

6.  Chester          2-5

7.  Sabine Pass    1-6

I think your underestimating High Island, they are not the same team as they were last year they came to play this yr i think you will see that this week

We shall see!

It will be interesting to see who gets 3rd place, I'm pretty sure Evadale will get 1st, and then HD get 2nd, but there are a few teams like WH, HI, Chester, and Colmesneil that look like they are pretty evenly matched and could all fight for that 3rd place spot.

Tend to agree with you Gregg...You never know, the ball has a funny shape to it and it tends to take some strange bounces.

Everyone stay healthy and may the best teams win!

It will be interesting to see who gets 3rd place, I'm pretty sure Evadale will get 1st, and then HD get 2nd, but there are a few teams like WH, HI, Chester, and Colmesneil that look like they are pretty evenly matched and could all fight for that 3rd place spot.

Tend to agree with you Gregg...You never know, the ball has a funny shape to it and it tends to take some strange bounces.

Everyone stay healthy and may the best teams win!

If we get the rain that is predicted for the rest of this week any ball that makes it to the ground is more likely to make a splash than take a funny bounce!

Just cant see anyone matching Evadale this year...the players, the numbers, and the community support is unmatched in our district. They are certainly the team to beat again this year..I agree that 3rd place is up for grabs....good luck to all teams...be safe players!

link=topic=59594.msg653413#msg653413 date=1253719740]

OK U make a laughing stock of Burkeville but all the laughing will cease once district get going then we will see what u think! >:(

Ps. see u 10-9-09

????????????

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder