Hardin-Jefferson at East Chambers/HJ wins 41-31

Guest ECBucFan

FROM THE EC WEBSITE:

EC Beats HJ in All Stats Except the Score

When checking the stats for East Chamber's game against Hardin-Jefferson, the Bucs beat the Hawks in all areas except the one that counts the most - the final score. In total yards, EC 409, HJ 299; first downs, EC 26, HJ 12; yards rushing, EC 241, HJ 185; and yards passing, EC 168, HJ 114. But EC also beat HJ in penalties and turnovers. With 2:50 left in the game, the Bucs had the opportunity to take one more drive down the field to secure the win when an untimely fumble and turnover gave the Hawks the chance to seal their victory. During the games highlights, the Buccaneers scored on an 18-yard run by Hank Jones with Martinez's PAT good; an 8-yard run by Jacoby Carrington with PAT good, a 12-yard reception by Justin Hallmark, PAT good; a 28-yard field goal by Martinez; and a 6-yard run by Hank Jones, PAT failed. Final score was EC 30 HJ 41.

I underlined the same thing I said from the beginning, lest anyone accuse me otherwise. I know that not everytime the team with the best stats win, but in this game the Bucs were overwhelmingly better, and still didn't win. EC went through HJ like a hot knife through soft butter. Thats just the truth of it.

Time to move on and use last Friday nights frustration as motivation as district now starts!  

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hallmark finally woke up after stinkin up the place at HF and decided to start playing some football.  That back tat is finally doing the damage that i thought it would and he showed it this game.  Good thing EC has hallmark because they would be in big trouble if they didn't.  I'm pretty sure little Josh Adamsom couldn't hold up the team by himself the way that hallmark does. Go Horns!!!

FROM THE EC WEBSITE:

EC Beats HJ in All Stats Except the Score

When checking the stats for East Chamber's game against Hardin-Jefferson, the Bucs beat the Hawks in all areas except the one that counts the most - the final score. In total yards, EC 409, HJ 299; first downs, EC 26, HJ 12; yards rushing, EC 241, HJ 185; and yards passing, EC 168, HJ 114. But EC also beat HJ in penalties and turnovers. With 2:50 left in the game, the Bucs had the opportunity to take one more drive down the field to secure the win when an untimely fumble and turnover gave the Hawks the chance to seal their victory. During the games highlights, the Buccaneers scored on an 18-yard run by Hank Jones with Martinez's PAT good; an 8-yard run by Jacoby Carrington with PAT good, a 12-yard reception by Justin Hallmark, PAT good; a 28-yard field goal by Martinez; and a 6-yard run by Hank Jones, PAT failed. Final score was EC 30 HJ 41.

I underlined the same thing I said from the beginning, lest anyone accuse me otherwise. I know that not everytime the team with the best stats win, but in this game the Bucs were overwhelmingly better, and still didn't win. EC went through HJ like a hot knife through soft butter. Thats just the truth of it.

Time to move on and use last Friday nights frustration as motivation as district now starts!  

When HJ is running kickoffs back to the 40 and 50 yard line, they have less field to work with..... naturally, they will have less yards.  Neither team could stop the other...You can say all you want, but to discredit HJ's win by saying that EC won in all areas except the score is pretty bad.... Just as you say that the fumbles were the difference in the game, One could easily argue that the two interceptions thrown by hj in the first half that led to EC scores were the reason it wasn't a blowout by HJ...  Good Luck to you guys this year, but geez..... take a loss and move on.....

dude bucof2010 there is no number 57 theres only a 55,54,53,52,58 and thats it now 55,54,52 play deff. and 52,53,58 play off. so which one of these are u talkin about.

He played off. Tackle

#57 is Ty Roby.  6'5" 268

Could it be that he got the best of whoever he was blocking on your team????

I was at the game.  I don't remember any cheap shots.  I do remember some blocks until whistle blew.

That's how the game is played.

Why are people still crying about the HJ/East Chambers game?  Yes, a player from HJ was ejected.  Yes, the players from both teams blocked and hit each other until the whistle.  Yes, East Chambers had better stats than HJ.  Yes, HJ won by 11.  It's almost a week old.  Get over it and ready for the next game!!!

Why are people still crying about the HJ/East Chambers game?  Yes, a player from HJ was ejected.  Yes, the players from both teams blocked and hit each other until the whistle.  Yes, East Chambers had better stats than HJ.  Yes, HJ won by 11.  It's almost a week old.  Get over it and ready for the next game!!!

Let's see maybe I'm:

1. trying to get my post count up to 1314 or

2. Interested in the subject or

3. Don't have anything better to do....nope that's not it or I would have 1314 post.

Did Ty Cobb play football? 

I guess you don't remember the player being ejected from the game then.....

Ok, for the record, #5 was ejected. I talked to him right after he came off the feild. He said the ref said he threw a punch, he said all he did was pushed the kid because he was up in his face mouthing at him.

Everyone in jail is innocent too

I guess you don't remember the player being ejected from the game then.....

Ok, for the record, #5 was ejected. I talked to him right after he came off the feild. He said the ref said he threw a punch, he said all he did was pushed the kid because he was up in his face mouthing at him.

Everyone in jail is innocent too

haha, yeah. All I did was repeated what he said.

dude bucof2010 there is no number 57 theres only a 55,54,53,52,58 and thats it now 55,54,52 play deff. and 52,53,58 play off. so which one of these are u talkin about.

He played off. Tackle

#57 is Ty Roby.  6'5" 268

Could it be that he got the best of whoever he was blocking on your team????

I was at the game.  I don't remember any cheap shots.  I do remember some blocks until whistle blew.

That's how the game is played.

lol. that a boy ty. keep playin hard and give them heck. dont ever back down from anyone!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw