Bh offense

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record everyone knows where the 'big board' is by the coaches office.  And no, they aren't accurate times. When you have one person tell them to go and another starting a stopwatch at the other end, just how exact is that going to be, but i guess you knew this already....Why don't you start posting the benchpress #'s and their agility time's as well.... SO before you post them..give the kids enough credit to get their current times!  As far as, Cy Ranch being a JV squad, exactly what is it you are trying to imply?  They were less of a team? Our boys go out and play with heart every week, and that was a solid win they walked away with last week.  From now on, if you can't say something nice, how bout you not comment on our kids!  Find another school to harass!

As far as 40 time, i will admit, i would be excited to hit a 4.9 these days. i am not afraid to tell the boys what their real 40 time is too, its the truth, sorry.  and if these are old times, how do you know they are old times forever?  do you work with them or even COACH them?

Oh, one more thing why do you feel as though you need to tell the boys their 40 times. ??? They are the ones actually doing the running. And they are doing this while you sit on your rear in your "GOOD SEAT" eating your nachos.

Done

Yawwn :D I have tried to stay away from this thread, but the answer is simple. Hold on to the ball and make the play calling more dynamic! Now doing that is not so simple ;D The players will get better as the season goes on and the turnovers will minimize, but will the play calling become dynamic enough to lead these Eagles back to the playoffs? For those that wonder what the heck I'm talking about I revert back to the Cy Ranch game where they ran Viverette 9 times in a row up the middle!!! We cannot do that in district no way no how. Did it work against Cy Ranch? Yes! ,but I have seen time in and time out where that is our despiration play when we are behind and it kills us. I'm just waiting for the time when Viverette doesn't get up with some sort of injury because we keep pounding him up the middle! If we are going to do that then line him up in the RB spot and give him two blockers around the end!Also I see alot of folks getting down on bradford. This kid gets what maybe 5 touches at the most per game? Each time he gets the ball in this very predictable offense he gains yards! I would like to see the kid get more touches, i don't think he has time to get any rythme together. #20 is quick and needs to go outside more IMO. Need to introduce more quick slants in the offense, with the recievers we got they will pick up the YAC. Now last but not least when the opposing Defense sees that we are going up the middle every other time and they start blitzing please throw a screen pass to stop the blitz!

With all of that said I'm not a Coach but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night ;D

Goodluck Eagles! No matter what everyone thinks they know(Including Me) you are the ones suited up and going to battle every Friday night! Play hard and enjoy the season you will always have the BH fans supporting the team!

Yawwn :D I have tried to stay away from this thread, but the answer is simple. Hold on to the ball and make the play calling more dynamic! Now doing that is not so simple ;D The players will get better as the season goes on and the turnovers will minimize, but will the play calling become dynamic enough to lead these Eagles back to the playoffs? For those that wonder what the heck I'm talking about I revert back to the Cy Ranch game where they ran Viverette 9 times in a row up the middle!!! We cannot do that in district no way no how. Did it work against Cy Ranch? Yes! ,but I have seen time in and time out where that is our despiration play when we are behind and it kills us. I'm just waiting for the time when Viverette doesn't get up with some sort of injury because we keep pounding him up the middle! If we are going to do that then line him up in the RB spot and give him two blockers around the end!Also I see alot of folks getting down on bradford. This kid gets what maybe 5 touches at the most per game? Each time he gets the ball in this very predictable offense he gains yards! I would like to see the kid get more touches, i don't think he has time to get any rythme together. #20 is quick and needs to go outside more IMO. Need to introduce more quick slants in the offense, with the recievers we got they will pick up the YAC. Now last but not least when the opposing Defense sees that we are going up the middle every other time and they start blitzing please throw a screen pass to stop the blitz!

With all of that said I'm not a Coach but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night ;D

Goodluck Eagles! No matter what everyone thinks they know(Including Me) you are the ones suited up and going to battle every Friday night! Play hard and enjoy the season you will always have the BH fans supporting the team!

^^^^

Very well worded in my opinion Bhfan .. and yes agreed we dont need to run up the middle so much .. but watch what you say though guys cause the coaches are on this thread .. one coach no names mentioned messaged my son the other day .. this is my sons account and i use it .. he used to but now he can care less about bh football . but i am still covering every single game .. and weather the coaches like it or not i will state my opinion .. about there stratagies .. they need to spread the plays up a bit ... right guys .. can some one agree with me on that . Well anywyas .. like i said very well worded bhfan .. Good luck eagles ..

^^^^

Very well worded in my opinion Bhfan .. and yes agreed we dont need to run up the middle so much .. but watch what you say though guys cause the coaches are on this thread .. one coach no names mentioned messaged my son the other day .. this is my sons account and i use it .. he used to but now he can care less about bh football . but i am still covering every single game .. and weather the coaches like it or not i will state my opinion .. about there stratagies .. they need to spread the plays up a bit ... right guys .. can some one agree with me on that . Well anywyas .. like i said very well worded bhfan .. Good luck eagles ..

Oh yeah I know about the coaches ;D I usually get at least 30 hate messages a season as well as threats!! Which blows my mind because I'm wondering what in the heck a coach would even care what is being said on a highschool message board. However you are correct that everyone has an opinion, right or wrong and has the right to express it. The only problem that I have ever had is the play calling! It seems that the no huddle offense has a huge advantage over other offenses because you get to see the Defensive set before you call the play in.

The Coaches at BH to a terrific job at keeping these kids motivated and keeping them in shape as well as being good roll models for the players and teaching them the techniques that make them a better football player. BH has a ton of discapline on the football field which is attributed in part by the coaches. Price does a fantastic job with adminstration duties that an AD has and has made BH a winner in every sport through his decisions. Contrary to believe I am not a coach hater, but a huge BH supporter and always will be!

Can't wait to see the blue invade GP stadium!!!

By the way the 40 times that inodin or whoever posted are very incorrect...carter broke a 4.5 and we have at least 15 players below 5 seconds easy, we even have lineman that brake 5 seconds so shut up.

And the offense had a huge blow tonight by losing the 6-4 260 Brian Meyers tonight for discipline issues and this will hurt the offense terribly by having to start a sophmore instead of a 3 year varsity player.

BHFan, I agree with you for the most part, but not sure about your take on 34.  Like I said earlier, I believe this kid, with his size,strength and speed could be one of the best backs to come through BH...but he doesn't run correctly.  If he would hit the hole at full speed and lower his body and lead with his head, he would gain 5 yards a carry without any blocking.  I think he's slowing before he hits the line and then the hole is gone...plus he is standing straight up.  He should have defensive linemen and linebackers quaking in their shoes.  I agree some of that comes with experience, but I don't see a lot of change from last year until this year.  I hope he figures it out because he would make our offense very very tough!

BHFan, I agree with you for the most part, but not sure about your take on 34.  Like I said earlier, I believe this kid, with his size,strength and speed could be one of the best backs to come through BH...but he doesn't run correctly.  If he would hit the hole at full speed and lower his body and lead with his head, he would gain 5 yards a carry without any blocking.  I think he's slowing before he hits the line and then the hole is gone...plus he is standing straight up.  He should have defensive linemen and linebackers quaking in their shoes.  I agree some of that comes with experience, but I don't see a lot of change from last year until this year.  I hope he figures it out because he would make our offense very very tough!

10-4 I see where you are coming from. His size and strength should be a huge factor. I would just like to see him get about 20 touches one game and see what happens. Adjust the delay hand off and put him in the I formation with a lead block or place him in the FB positon . "The Play" just seems to take to long to develope sometimes, we have to start bouncing the run out side every now and then to keep the opossing D from stacking the middle. I just see a lot of potential in this kid and I don't feel like he has been given the playing time to prove if he is a good back or not. One game he came in and picked up 9 yards on a play then I didn't see him again for a quarter. Give him some more touches and bounce #20 outside with a lead block.

Sweetness11, Yeah it will be blow losing a starting lineman, but the coaches did the right thing here.....Dicipline, is huge part of the game, and theres a bigger lesson here than one football game....I guarantee you the majority of the community and kids will support this....No one individual or group of players is more important than the "team"......Look what happend last year at Dayton...and I respect Coach Stewart for how he handled that situation......BIGTIME.......Thats a coach that earned  his players respect! BH will be just fine......

They have to try and get something positive out of this situation. It will give someone else an opportunity to step-up and the rest of the O-line will have to rally together and pick up the slack.

Footballfever you are correct they have to do the right thing but this kid might have screwed up his life before it ever really got started. SomethingS you do as a kid will tag along with you forever.

DOING THE RIGHT THING ISN'T ALWAYS THE EASIEST THING TO DO BUT ITS ALWAYS THE RIGHT THING TO DO.....

And by the way, I would strongly recommend that nobody call a kid by name on these sites, unless its a nice compliment......

Exactly! These kids put in a lot of time to play this game and work their butts off! The fans should appreciate their dedication and every minute they put into practice and the games on Friday nights!!

Guest Ranger83

Sweetness11, Yeah it will be blow losing a starting lineman, but the coaches did the right thing here.....Dicipline, is huge part of the game, and theres a bigger lesson here than one football game....I guarantee you the majority of the community and kids will support this....No one individual or group of players is more important than the "team"......Look what happend last year at Dayton...and I respect Coach Stewart for how he handled that situation......BIGTIME.......Thats a coach that earned  his players respect! BH will be just fine......

The coach had no choice in this matter. If a kid is not going to be "on campus" then he/she cannot participate in extracurricular activities.

the bh offense manages to play toe to toe with 2 good setx teams and beat a team averaging 4 to 5 turnovers a game?? the defense is playing well, but the o is serious suspect, theres no doubt the players on that offense are all good players, im just throwiin out that maybe some people are playing the wrong spots? idk, i havent been able to make a game this year so all i have is one png game and setx and family member, someone give me some thoughts, should people just be moved around, or is this as good as it gets? cause u cant turn the ball ovr 4 to 5 times a game and expect to win even thought you play well when you dont turn it ovr......

thoughts?

Be careful, you'll get some crazy mom after you.....LOL  I don't mind since they always leave after a year or two and we just tick off a new set each season.  Bottom line is you don't have an offense when you run the QB 70% of the time.  What's going to happen is he will get hurt, just like happened to Chris Daniels and Carmona.  As for the turnovers, that is a dicipline and experience problem.  You can't run into traffic one handing the ball, period.  BH has more speed this year than they have had in a long time, but you have to use it to your advantage.  As for interceptions, when you take a somewhat inexperienced QB and stick him in the backfield without a single blocker, then a defense is a fool not to rush him all night.  Poor QB is not only trying to find the open receiver, but he's having to do it while running for his life.  If the full back is going to leave the backfield under a pass rush, he better be coming off his block rapidly and turning for the screen pass.  A team like Dayton will kill BH because of the delayed handoffs and lack of pass protection.

I hate to state the obvious but, who else do we have that can run the ball 70% of the time?  I'm sorry, I don't mean this as any disrespect to anyone, but we don't have a dominate back.  #34 doesn't know how awesome he could be, he could be an All State running back, but he doesn't know how to run with the ball(this is not putting down the kid, we wish he knew how much potential he has) you can't run into the line standing straight up, I don't care how strong you are.  I don't know if it's a coaching problem or if he is just not cut out for that position.  #20 seems to try very hard, but I'm not sure at this point that he can handle the load either.  The spread offense is designed for the QB to carry the ball and to be a threat for the defense to contend with, I think we take it to the extreme, but probably have no choice.  

I think Matthew is getting better, I think he is trying to hard, to make things work.  I know these kids want to win very badly and I think Matthew puts a lot of responsibility upon his shoulders, which he should, and he forces the ball trying to be successful.  Our receivers are doing a great job at this point, a huge bright spot this year.  I feel good about this team!  Just need to correct the turnovers...that may be easier said than done...hope not.

he is not puttin down the kid (#34) kade bradford... he could be the top running back in the region easily if he just sucked it up. i know the kid can do it. i played with him i know his talent i watched him lift weights the kids a straight up BEAST. if their were one or more coaches at practice trying to pump him up instead of sittin back. ITS FOOTBALL GET EXCITED coaches. kade you keep working your a## off cuz if you read this you know who this is. i wanna see you perform better boi. i know you got it in you. PERFORM KID

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86