Rank'em All

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok I'm poking a little at the schedule, but you can't tell me Kelly and St. Thomas are anywhere close to Barbers Hill or Crosby.  With that said, I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing going into district after playing an easy schedule.  Vidor is probably not banged up.  We know playing better teams will make a team better than if they played subpar teams.  I think that's what everyone is implying with the previous posts.

1. Central/Lumberton/WOS - Tough to pick between these 3 unless you go with strength of schedule which gives Central the edge.     

2. Vidor/Dayton - Two very tough teams, Dayton is being tested each Friday but Vidor we really won't know anything until district starts, weakest preseason in the area competition wise.

3. Westbrook/PNG - Westbrook got lucky Friday and they know, it a chink in your armor has been discovered, PNG squeaked by BH and creamed Crosby but which of those teams is really the best, BH?

4. Barbers Hill - Arguably the absolute best 0-2 team in SE Texas in my opinion, when they get a little more of a handle on penalties they will be kicking some butt, probably the best chance in 19-4A in taking it to the Broncs.

5. Newton - Always a strong team.

6. Jasper - Another tradition of kicking butt, to include taking one from Kirbyville

2 passes are good for now, but you at least need to throw more or let people know that you can.  When you get into the second season people will probably stop your run if that is all that you show.  There are better defenses out there than Kelly and St.Thomas I promise you.

True that! I believe the QB has the arm and the ability to do what ever is needed. They just have not needed to put it in the air. If someone is able to stop the running game you will see a change of plans! ;D

With the tams Vidor has played, Coach Matthews really ought to be airing the ball out at least close to 50% of the time so the qb and receivers can get in sync. That would really open the game up for them.

2 passes are good for now, but you at least need to throw more or let people know that you can.  When you get into the second season people will probably stop your run if that is all that you show.  There are better defenses out there than Kelly and St.Thomas I promise you.

True that! I believe the QB has the arm and the ability to do what ever is needed. They just have not needed to put it in the air. If someone is able to stop the running game you will see a change of plans! ;D

With the tams Vidor has played, Coach Matthews really ought to be airing the ball out at least close to 50% of the time so the qb and receivers can get in sync. That would really open the game up for them.

Why pass the ball in preseason if you don't intend on passing it in district. Crosby is not good this year and the players don't pick the preseason schedule. If you have any complaints about a schools preseason schedule call the head coach...I'm sure he has all the answers you are searching to find.

What the Rankings should be.....

1. West Brook

2. West Orange-Stark

3. PN-G

4. Lumberton

5. Newton

6. Vidor

7. Central

8. Jasper

9. Bridge City

10. Kirbyville

If you do not lose a game, then you shouldn't be penalized (except for Bridge City... haven't played anyone worth a higher ranking). And to all the Vidor fans on this thread, the Pirates may have over 400 yards rushing in both games of the season so far, but if its done versus mediocre private schools, then you dont get much respect for that.

And dont worry, Jasper will climb toward the top of this list after they beat WO-S! You can't throw the ball against Jasper, McGill and Webb will pick it off!!!

Go Dogs!!!

Wow png wins two games in the new reservation (Note: They didn't win a single game at the reservation last year!) and they think it is some sacred ground which only the native americans can win on. Yall are saying we played pop warner teams, our pop warner competiton could've beat Crosby worse than yall did (No disrespect to Crosby.).

::)

And dont worry, Jasper will climb toward the top of this list after they beat WO-S! You can't throw the ball against Jasper, McGill and Webb will pick it off!!!

Okay, seriously, it was one game. We're no where near ready to be throwing out those types of claims, especially against WO-S. Step away from the keyboard and let the games play out.

this is getting kinda stupid... :/

I think that a district championship is as possible for vidor as any other team out there.

they dont often feel like they have this chance

face it people, vidor is GOOD and has a chance to be GREAT.

dont say they arent good until they have proved themselves that they arent worthy of any high praise

1. Central/Lumberton/WOS - Tough to pick between these 3 unless you go with strength of schedule which gives Central the edge.       

2. Vidor/Dayton - Two very tough teams, Dayton is being tested each Friday but Vidor we really won't know anything until district starts, weakest preseason in the area competition wise.

3. Westbrook/PNG - Westbrook got lucky Friday and they know, it a chink in your armor has been discovered, PNG squeaked by BH and creamed Crosby but which of those teams is really the best, BH?

4. Barbers Hill - Arguably the absolute best 0-2 team in SE Texas in my opinion, when they get a little more of a handle on penalties they will be kicking some butt, probably the best chance in 19-4A in taking it to the Broncs.

6. Jasper - Another tradition of kicking butt, to include taking one from Kirbyville

This is worse than the college polling system. West Brook takes a group of juniors and sophomores and beats argueably the best team in 20-4A and this dude puts Central and 2 other schools out of that district a head of them. Go figure. It's a good thing homers like you don't get a vote in any real polls. We got lucky against a real good Jaguar team, but y'all struggled with a winless Barbers Hill team huh? Oh wait, you put them in the poll to cover up the fact that Lumberton hasn't played anyone and doesn't deserve to be ranked! Good luck with the rest of your season.  ::)

Guest rykerx144

this is getting kinda stupid... :/

I think that a district championship is as possible for vidor as any other team out there.

they dont often feel like they have this chance

face it people, vidor is GOOD and has a chance to be GREAT.

dont say they arent good until they have proved themselves that they arent worthy of any high praise

Forgive us for not following you around with roses and a crown!  I think you are only looking at this through pirate glasses!!  Yes it very much works that way.  If you have not been good in the past, and have not done anything to prove you are worthy except get their name printed in a magazine that most people read at walmart and put back on the shelf, then you are still not good until you have proved you are!!  The burden of proof is on vidors shoulders and will be determined on the field not in a overrated magazine or enterprise.  

When reading this, remember were playing the SAME NON-DISTRICT GAMES this year as we did last year......the difference is VIDOR is BETTER this year than last year...can we all say that...

Last Year’s Scores

Non-District

Vidor 15, Beaumont Kelly 7            

Vidor 26, Houston St. Thomas 10    

District

Beaumont Central 21, Vidor 20 "Vidor missed a extra point that would of tied the game and we all remember how good Central did in playoffs"

Vidor 27, Lumberton 12  "Co District Champs"

Beaumont Ozen 21, Vidor 14  played like crap!

Vidor 23, Port Neches-Groves 14  "ENOUGH SAID"

Vidor 35, Little Cypress-Mauriceville 0 "well it was LCM" will be lots better this year

Nederland 35, Vidor 23 "we just got beat"

Livingston 42, Vidor 35 "lost by one td to Co District Champs"

Yeah we didn't make the playoffs i give you that..

My question is, how many teams in our district are that much better then last years team besides VIDOR and LCM..

This is worse than the college polling system. West Brook takes a group of juniors and sophomores and beats argueably the best team in 20-4A and this dude puts Central and 2 other schools out of that district a head of them. Go figure. It's a good thing homers like you don't get a vote in any real polls. We got lucky against a real good Jaguar team, but y'all struggled with a winless Barbers Hill team huh? Oh wait, you put them in the poll to cover up the fact that Lumberton hasn't played anyone and doesn't deserve to be ranked! Good luck with the rest of your season.  ::)

I agree with you 100%, joey! And he's talking about Central having a tougher schedule.....by whose standards? We get to play Spring Westfield, Aldine Eisenhower, and defending 5A state champion Katy....any of those three would crush the crap out of your beloved Raiders. Before you go putting your foot in your mouth, check to make sure it fits, first!

WB - This team is no push over... This is the real deal!

Central - hometown pick but I think they could take WOS

WOS - nuff said

Lumberton - I am a believer

Memorial -  This team will be and is dynamic

Vidor - You will have to show me like the Train did these past few years

PNG -  I think we may see a good season from you

Dayton -  I think this team is still potent but Friendswod is just that good

Newton - just can flat out play

Jasper - theyre back!

Kirbyville -  yep

Nederland - I am shooting in the wind

Silsbee - The bottom of this list is still powerful

BH - yep agin

Crosby - a step behind

WB - This team is no push over... This is the real deal!

Central - hometown pick but I think they could take WOS

WOS - nuff said

Lumberton - I am a believer

Memorial -  This team will be and is dynamic

Vidor - You will have to show me like the Train did these past few years

PNG -  I think we may see a good season from you

Dayton -  I think this team is still potent but Friendswod is just that good

Newton - just can flat out play

Jasper - theyre back!

Kirbyville -  yep

Nederland - I am shooting in the wind

Silsbee - The bottom of this list is still powerful

BH - yep agin

Crosby - a step behind

thumbs up!! ;)

When reading this, remember were playing the SAME NON-DISTRICT GAMES this year as we did last year......the difference is VIDOR is BETTER this year than last year...can we all say that...

Last Year’s Scores

Non-District

Vidor 15, Beaumont Kelly 7            

Vidor 26, Houston St. Thomas 10    

District

Beaumont Central 21, Vidor 20 "Vidor missed a extra point that would of tied the game and we all remember how good Central did in playoffs"

Vidor 27, Lumberton 12  "Co District Champs"

Beaumont Ozen 21, Vidor 14  played like crap!

Vidor 23, Port Neches-Groves 14  "ENOUGH SAID"

Vidor 35, Little Cypress-Mauriceville 0 "well it was LCM" will be lots better this year

Nederland 35, Vidor 23 "we just got beat"

Livingston 42, Vidor 35 "lost by one td to Co District Champs"

Yeah we didn't make the playoffs i give you that..

My question is, how many teams in our district are that much better then last years team besides VIDOR and LCM..

um been out to the reservation lately    Were not your normal indians anymore  We do more that run left run right and then run up the middle

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83