Rank'em All

1. Central/Lumberton/WOS - Tough to pick between these 3 unless you go with strength of schedule which gives Central the edge.       

2. Vidor/Dayton - Two very tough teams, Dayton is being tested each Friday but Vidor we really won't know anything until district starts, weakest preseason in the area competition wise.

3. Westbrook/PNG - Westbrook got lucky Friday and they know, it a chink in your armor has been discovered, PNG squeaked by BH and creamed Crosby but which of those teams is really the best, BH?

4. Barbers Hill - Arguably the absolute best 0-2 team in SE Texas in my opinion, when they get a little more of a handle on penalties they will be kicking some butt, probably the best chance in 19-4A in taking it to the Broncs.

5. Newton - Always a strong team.

6. Jasper - Another tradition of kicking butt, to include taking one from Kirbyville

This is worse than the college polling system. West Brook takes a group of juniors and sophomores and beats argueably the best team in 20-4A and this dude puts Central and 2 other schools out of that district a head of them. Go figure. It's a good thing homers like you don't get a vote in any real polls. We got lucky against a real good Jaguar team, but y'all struggled with a winless Barbers Hill team huh? Oh wait, you put them in the poll to cover up the fact that Lumberton hasn't played anyone and doesn't deserve to be ranked! Good luck with the rest of your season.  ::)

I agree with you 100%, joey! And he's talking about Central having a tougher schedule.....by whose standards? We get to play Spring Westfield, Aldine Eisenhower, and defending 5A state champion Katy....any of those three would crush the crap out of your beloved Raiders. Before you go putting your foot in your mouth, check to make sure it fits, first!

Spring Westfield, Aldine Eisenhower, Katy all BIG 5A teams, Lumberton smallest in 20-4A where is there any question in competition?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point being, Raideroldtimer had Central ranked in front of West Brook. He then said that Central had a strength of schedule advantage. My point is, I dont care who has a tougher schedule between Central, Lumberton and WO-S. West Brook beat Central, so shouldn't WB be at the top of those rankings? How can you rank a team as a third place team when they beat a first place team? Make sense?

The point being, Raideroldtimer had Central ranked in front of West Brook. He then said that Central had a strength of schedule advantage. My point is, I dont care who has a tougher schedule between Central, Lumberton and WO-S. West Brook beat Central, so shouldn't WB be at the top of those rankings? How can you rank a team as a third place team when they beat a first place team? Make sense?

It's worse than that.  He actually has WB tied for 6th with PNG

Maybe the Rankings should be seperated from 5A, 4A, 3A etc.. to clarify things , i dont know, none of it matters till district anyway, but i do see what you are saying

Just curious as to what you mean.  Do you believe that 5 teams in this area would beat Brook if they went head-to-head?

Maybe the Rankings should be seperated from 5A, 4A, 3A etc.. to clarify things , i dont know, none of it matters till district anyway, but i do see what you are saying

Just curious as to what you mean.  Do you believe that 5 teams in this area would beat Brook if they went head-to-head?

Are you saying 5A teams or 5 teams from this area? There is only one 5A other than Westbrook around here and no i dont think PAM can beat the Brook head to head, as far as 5 Teams in this area im sure there is someone in this area that can beat WB.

Are you saying 5A teams or 5 teams from this area? There is only one 5A other than Westbrook around here and no i dont think PAM can beat the Brook head to head, as far as 5 Teams in this area im sure there is someone in this area that can beat WB.

Central can: they just didn't. Oldtimer has Central, WOS, Lumberton, Vidor and Dayton ranked ahead of Brook.  I was trying to figure out if he thinks those teams are all better than  Brook.  I think I misdirected the question to you.  My bad.

If I had to pick one from the ones you mentioned, I'd have to say Dayton could beat WB....WO-S, maybe....Vidor, NO....Lumberton, NO! WB already beat Central......

WB - This team is no push over... This is the real deal!

Central - hometown pick but I think they could take WOS

WOS - nuff said

Lumberton - I am a believer

Memorial -  This team will be and is dynamic

Vidor - You will have to show me like the Train did these past few years

PNG -  I think we may see a good season from you

Dayton -  I think this team is still potent but Friendswod is just that good

Newton - just can flat out play

Jasper - theyre back!

Kirbyville -  yep

Nederland - I am shooting in the wind

Silsbee - The bottom of this list is still powerful

BH - yep agin

Crosby - a step behind

thumbs up!! ;)

Finally someone knows a lil bit..

If I had to pick one from the ones you mentioned, I'd have to say Dayton could beat WB....WO-S, maybe....Vidor, NO....Lumberton, NO! WB already beat Central......

Well, If they rank us according to strength of schedule, No body has a tougher schedule...I don't know if anybody in SETX that plays a tougher team this Friday....with all the 4A's playing down, except  for Central, and some 4A's going WAY down (VIDOR), there's got to be some thought behind the rankings...not -  Central lost to WB...but I'm gonna rank them above WB cause they played 2- 5A teams(HELLO, they lost to WB).  ::) ::)

And RFLOAFHRLOA!!!!!!!! Vidor/PNG/Lumberton....read my quotes....read along together!!  I can't believe ya'll tried to rank your programs over DA' Brook....yaw need to got to the corner and take turns slappin each other for ten minutes...then maybe you can come to your senses.  :D :D

Hey guys, noone said you have to agree with my opinion, that's what this board is about. All I know is I watched your game on TV when I got home from the BH/L-Town game and what I saw from beginning to end is that Centrals' play was all around better than the Brooks'. You guys just got lucky on that last dropped ball otherwise the Jags had your number and were just about finished dialing it when time ran out. As far as strength of schedule, sorry but I am just looking at the first 3 games, which is all the preseason we have, I agree you have a tough preseason schedule with your upcoming games, but what about district, Northshore and PAM to a much lesser extent are the other for real tougher teams in your district. Central gets to deal with us, Vidor, PNG, Livingston (our mysterious district member), Nederland and even a stonger LCM. Everyone has mentioned that this district is gonna be a flat out dog fight, which is why there hasn't been a sole district champ the last two years. Westbrook hs the numbers for sure, but you guys aren't what you've been in the last couple of years. Sorry if you don't agree, but hen I see you do some real damage to Katy or Northshore or even nother top rated team I'll look at your team differently. Oh, by the way, I didn't put Babers Hill in the poll, they were already there and I stand by what I said about them, they are the best 0-2 team in Southeast Texas and things will turn around for them we may even have the misfortune of running into them again in post season and I'd bet that will be a barn burner and I'm not sure which of us would come out on top.

Hey guys, noone said you have to agree with my opinion, that's what this board is about. All I know is I watched your game on TV when I got home from the BH/L-Town game and what I saw from beginning to end is that Centrals' play was all around better than the Brooks'. You guys just got lucky on that last dropped ball otherwise the Jags had your number and were just about finished dialing it when time ran out. As far as strength of schedule, sorry but I am just looking at the first 3 games, which is all the preseason we have, I agree you have a tough preseason schedule with your upcoming games, but what about district, Northshore and PAM to a much lesser extent are the other for real tougher teams in your district. Central gets to deal with us, Vidor, PNG, Livingston (our mysterious district member), Nederland and even a stonger LCM. Everyone has mentioned that this district is gonna be a flat out dog fight, which is why there hasn't been a sole district champ the last two years. Westbrook hs the numbers for sure, but you guys aren't what you've been in the last couple of years. Sorry if you don't agree, but hen I see you do some real damage to Katy or Northshore or even nother top rated team I'll look at your team differently. Oh, by the way, I didn't put Babers Hill in the poll, they were already there and I stand by what I said about them, they are the best 0-2 team in Southeast Texas and things will turn around for them we may even have the misfortune of running into them again in post season and I'd bet that will be a barn burner and I'm not sure which of us would come out on top.

If you feel your district is tough,  which I agree.....tough in this manner is...Teams are equal, doesn't mean there better.  The level of competition is equal in 20-4A...slide WB in there, and there's not a question on who's district Champ...WB!  We've already beat your number 1 and beat them last year.  And will do it again next year!  Who have you guys played??

If you feel your district is tough,  which I agree.....tough in this manner is...Teams are equal, doesn't mean there better.  The level of competition is equal in 20-4A...slide WB in there, and there's not a question on who's district Champ...WB!  We've already beat your number 1 and beat them last year.  And will do it again next year!  Who have you guys played??

I'd put money on the fact that if WB were to play in 20-4A, they would have 2 losses.  I don't know which teams would beat them, but having to play at an extremely high level every week would catch up to WB.  Also, I think that if Central and WB played mid-season, the outcome from friday night would be in the opposite direction with Central getting the win.  WB is not far ahead of what 20-4A brings to the table.  I would believe 20-4A is making strides to surpass what WB does on the field.  Thats just my 2 cents on WB.

I'd put money on the fact that if WB were to play in 20-4A, they would have 2 losses.  I don't know which teams would beat them, but having to play at an extremely high level every week would catch up to WB.  Also, I think that if Central and WB played mid-season, the outcome from friday night would be in the opposite direction with Central getting the win.  WB is not far ahead of what 20-4A brings to the table.  I would believe 20-4A is making strides to surpass what WB does on the field.  Thats just my 2 cents on WB.

It's a year-to -year thing.  This year, I do believe that 20-4A would be a competitive district for Brook.  The last couple of years. everyone in 20-4A would have been overmatched, as evidenced by what happened when we played Central and Ozen last year and the year before.  We could have hung 60 on either one of those teams. 

Don't put your money on anything that is impossible.... just look at facts, 6 years in a row of beating Central and Ozen(this year it was just with a young team)....there's a few other 4A teams too.  and if the game would be played later in the year...guess what WB gets better too.  the NDN has been on the resevation too long, and I think you need to watch what you pu in your piece pipe. ;D ;D

Most years Brook would be too strong in our district... It is just what it is.  Central and Ozen (to no avail) play over their heads against Brook because it is a cross town rivalry...  I think on down years Brook may have a tough time in district but I don't think they any less that a top two team in 20-4A.  Too bad Brook doesn't schedule like Vidor then every team in the area would have a crack at them!  (HAD TO DO THIS JOKE)

Honestly they have the coaching staff and the depth to tear 20-4A a new one!!! I believe there are years where Central is competitive enough to beat Brook, but I also think Central has the best athletes overall in district!  Some teams are bigger, stronger, none are faster, but Central is the most complete talent wise! Coaching is the final part of the Jags formula… When coaching is good they are great, when bad they are competitive, when horrible, they are horrible.

Most years Brook would be too strong in our district... It is just what it is.  Central and Ozen (to no avail) play over their heads against Brook because it is a cross town rivalry...  I think on down years Brook may have a tough time in district but I don't think they any less that a top two team in 20-4A.  Too bad Brook doesn't schedule like Vidor then every team in the area would have a crack at them!  (HAD TO DO THIS JOKE)

Honestly they have the coaching staff and the depth to tear 20-4A a new one!!! I believe there are years where Central is competitive enough to beat Brook, but I also think Central has the best athletes overall in district!  Some teams are bigger, stronger, none are faster, but Central is the most complete talent wise! Coaching is the final part of the Jags formula… When coaching is good they are great, when bad they are competitive, when horrible, they are horrible.

Well said from my fellow Jag!  ;)

And RFLOAFHRLOA!!!!!!!! Vidor/PNG/Lumberton....read my quotes....read along together!!  I can't believe ya'll tried to rank your programs over DA' Brook....yaw need to got to the corner and take turns slappin each other for ten minutes...then maybe you can come to your senses.   :D :D

Sounds like we need to take turns slappin you around and by the way " DA BROOK " sucks .

And RFLOAFHRLOA!!!!!!!! Vidor/PNG/Lumberton....read my quotes....read along together!!  I can't believe ya'll tried to rank your programs over DA' Brook....yaw need to got to the corner and take turns slappin each other for ten minutes...then maybe you can come to your senses.   :D :D

Sounds like we need to take turns slappin you around and by the way " DA BROOK " sucks .

back for another 10 minutes!! :D :D

Nobody cares about "DA BROOK" ::) anyways. You want to come on here and say that 20-4A teams have played sub par teams. Then all you want to talk about is how "DA BROOK " ::) would win 20-4A . Well your not in 20-4A your in a district where "DA BROOK" is going to get their A$$ handed to them. You haven't beat our # 1 last year or this year .

SGT Rey --- I am coming in to cover your flank.

Raidernation--- take everything you have said back before we  hold a "class assessment " on Lumberton fans.  It appears you have the potential of lowering the popularity vote.  :-\

and NDN---you seem to be a little drunk on your new whine  wine.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124