Gladiators 9U

Glad11

In regards to the replies:

1.) Yes, the Gladiators will be putting together a 10U team for this fall and next spring/summer.  Tryouts, for the 10U, will be on the same date and time as the the 9U tryouts.  Sept. 10th (Thurs.) @ 6:00 & Sept. 16th (Wed.) @ 6:00.  (Coach's contact info below)

2.a.) Currently, no one is officially on the roster.  So we will be looking to fill our roster completely through our tryouts.  2.b.)  The coach will be Wes Koch, former Lamar University player and former Kelly High School Head Baseball Coach.

3.)  Yes, there are plenty of very talented and good kids out there.  The Gladiator Baseball Organization is one of if not the premier organization for amateur baseball in Southeast Texas.  And, there has been a vast interest of people who are wanting to be a part of our program.  We are very excited about starting our 9U & 10U teams and it appears that everyone else feels the same way. 

Thanks,

Wes Koch

[email protected]

is it going to be  legit tryouts or who ever gives their bank account info for auto withdrawal of the monthly fee is on the team? the sundevils are the premier program in s.e. texas,but i understand you saying that to get more money to pay all the pro coaches working for the gladiator program.by the way what is the cost to be in the gladiator program?

is it going to be  legit tryouts or who ever gives their bank account info for auto withdrawal of the monthly fee is on the team? the sundevils are the premier program in s.e. texas,but i understand you saying that to get more money to pay all the pro coaches working for the gladiator program.by the way what is the cost to be in the gladiator program?

Bullett, why all the hate?  If Gladiator Baseball was all about the money, do you really think they would be as successful as they have been?  You obviously are not aware of the number of people who play for Gladiators who are not from the upper echelon of the income brackets.  In fact most all of them are not rich and famous.  Gladiators work very hard to raise money for their teams.

Also, shouldn't all programs feel they are the premier program of the area?  Sun Devils are the premier organization of the area, as is GTB, Gulf Coast, TPX, so on and so on.  There are plenty of organizations.  Each person should find the one they are most comfortable with, and stick with it.  Obviously, Gladiators wasn't your cup of tea.

Why is it that people feel the need to publicly slam other organizations?  There are plenty of great baseball players in this area to fill 20 teams.. So again, why all the hate?

bullit, how many legit tryouts have the Sundevils had and if they were not bankrolled how much would it cost to play for them, do they NOT have pd coaches, As far as them being the 'premier' org, you need to look around as there's a new kid on the block...

the sundevils find the best, they dont need tryouts cuz they arent trying to earn money off of parents who want their kids to be SELECT BASEBALL PLAYERS no matter what .the parents dont pay,so its all about getting the kids recognized in baseball by colleges,not earning a salary based on the number of kids & teams we can get to play under our organization.sure there are good players in all the org. but the sundevils have the best of the best & if the sundevils called a good player they would leave the gladiators or any other team faster then you can say its all about the kids not the money!as far as any teams that are 16 or 18 the sundevils would roll them.just look at how many d-1 players they have produced,& will send to d-1 in the near future.i know a few teams that are successful that the parents pay for unis. & have a few fundraisers to help with tourney expenses.their coaches arent paid & are really there for the kids & love of teaching the game.

bulit, first let me say I'm NOT knocking what the sundevils have accomplished, they would still get some quality players if it were not BANKROLLED. With the economy the way it is, it would be fairly easy to go to various leagues and solicit the better players, would it not?  Bottom line is MOST of the players would play at the next level with or without the sundevils. There are SEVERAL elite teams that are NOT bankrolled that have 90+% of the kids going to the next level with 60-70% out of the 90% going on to play Pro Ball, they too go and solicit the better players, they TOO have payed coaches as do the sundevils but most all are NOT bankrolled by anyone, they have fundraisers or sponsors just as the local leagues and select teams around here have. Seems as if they are more than a few that want to TAKE CREDIT for a player advancing even tho the player played for them a yr or 2, or EVEN a cpl of games, you seem to forget about the achievments before hand. You have discredited professional coaches or instructors on a cpl of occassions, I really have to ask why, AFTERALL, they have been AND played where most want to go, I guess they didn't learn anything in their venture....BTW I'm NOT affiliated with ANY select org...or you? ? ? Again there IS a new kid on the block....

Guys,

The post is about 9u tryouts and that was it. I'm sure Wes and the Gladiators will put together a very good team, so give them the credit they deserve.I'm sure there will be several kids that turn out for the tryouts so Good Luck Wes.Bullet1 you and 643 need to find a different post because my 9U reads this one and I'm sure he is not the only one.

Yeah the sundevils are very succesful. I bet i could put together a very succesful team if I had someone to pay for all expenses, as well as send the parents to cancun after the season for vacation. Oh yeah let's not forget the kicker, fly in kids from other states to play on the team as well.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder