lumberton/BC

28-7 Ltown I can't believe that nobodyelse has'nt commented? must still be at church!! We still need a little work but after all everyone thought we lost so many players in 08. No disrepect but we lost alot more in the class of 09, but don't think we look as bad as some have been saying. ;)

If you had looked under the scrimmage scores and updates there were some comments on this. I believe it was 4-1 or 4-2. Both teams had bright spots as well as dark spots. It was a scrimmage I think most fans looked at and took it as such. GL to both schools.

It was Lumberton's 4 scores to Bridge City's 1 score.  No point after TDs were attempted.  If you're wondering about the 1st string play, it was Lumberton 3 scores to BC's 0.  Both 2nd teams put up 1 score each.  The 1st score came on a 65 yd TD pass to Keith.  The 2nd score, a scambling Hughes tossed a 15 yd pass to Jesse Sparks.  The final score came on a 3 yd run by the QB Hughes.

Offensively, there were a lot of new plays and formations for Lumberton.  This year features more passing and finesse than last year.  The shotgun looked good and the QB and recievers made many connections.  Hughes scrambled well and Sparks and Keith looked stronger than last year.  The O line run blocking started off a little slow, but got better as the night went on.  Asher and McDonald both ran strong.

Defensively, Lumberton looked pretty solid.  The defensive line Sparks, Archer and Richardson put a lot pressure on the QB and made several plays behind the line.  The LBs filled the holes very well.  Beard and Choate looked solid.  All the DBs played good and Keith had another interception, picking up where he left off last year.

Bridge City had good size, didn't seem too strong in the skilled positions, but pretty good for 3A.  Next weeks scrimmage against a strong Dayton team will tell us a lot more about these Raiders.  Good luck Raiders, I love watching you play.

Actually BCs 1st Off scored on a td pass, against the ltown first D. The de #88 for Ltown looked good. Kind of hard to measure this scrimmage cause (no offense to BC) the BC oline is smallish. Hughes threw the ball better and seemed to be much more poised. The Ltown oline had a hard time making running room, this is an area that needs work. Actually BCs pass game was effective when the qb had time to throw. Toward the end both teams were tired. Its still early, but Dayton will be a huge test for the Raiders. 

Lumberton looked good.  At times they struggled running the ball against BC, but they really exploited BC's secondary.  Their defense looked pretty solid.  Like all teams this early in the season, they have some work to do, but they will compete for a playoff spot.  I will say this, I saw Vidor yesterday too and at this early point in the season, Vidor looked to be the better team.

I was a little disappointed in BC's offense.  I expected them to move the ball better than they did.  I know it's early, but I really expected their offense to look better than it did.  

I wouldn't be too concerned about BC's lack of movement in the scrimmage.  I've thought that going in to the season that Lumberton's defense may be more stout than a lot of folks think.  Ten opponents are probably going to find that out the hard way.

Lumbertons Defense should be very strong this season. 88 is Sean Sparks but the whole DL looked good out there. lots of pressure from the front 4. Hughes really had an excellent first scrimmage and Purks looked very good also. The OL will get better. they wont be what last years line was but replacing those guys would be hard for anyteam.

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

I was really surprised at how well Hughes looked throwing the football. I heard that he had made a lot of strides over the Spring and Summer but I was really impressed. He seemed a lot more confident and poised in the pocket even escaping a couple of sacks where the defenders should have had him. I'm excited about the passing game this season. Running game should come around though.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin