takes more than talent

My family and I are avid K-ville fans who followed them all the way to the state championship last year.  I've been reading a lot of posts, some that say negative things, about all teams, and while I realize a lot of it is smack, let me say there is nothing like sitting in the bleachers and seeing a team that has had an AWESOME season, not wanting to look into the stands because they were crying at their loss.  Our BOYS didn't even want us to recognize that they had accomplished anything at all, because they had lost "the most important game of the season".  It takes more than talent to win.  It takes that, along with great coaching, drive, determination, heart, the eyes of the refs and good old fashioned luck at times.  i know I may be a downer to the board, but just remember that in the end, these are kids.  That being said, best of luck to everyone out there.  I know our entire town would love to make a playoff run again this year.

Great Post Ballfan

I too love to watch my Rebels. I have only been in Evadale seven years, but I love to watch our guys and girls in their sports. It does seem hard to believe that these 14 to 18 year old kids are put under the same pressure that we place college and even professional players under.

I like winning as much as the next guy, but when your great players in Kirbyville don't want to be acknowledged for being in the state final it makes me wonder if we have not placed the expectations so far out of reach that our kids can not even appreciate the fact that they have the teamwork and determination that playing team sports affords them.

In the end only one team wins a state title, but for anyone to believe that losing in that game (or any game) is more important than winning in the game of life is way off the mark. I for one congratulate Kirbyville for last seasons run. The coaches, players, parents, community, schools, fans and yes the area, think you did great. I bet if you went to Newton and asked Coach Barbay, he would echo these sentiments as well. Now he will be gunning for you when you play later this season, but he would say "Well done Wildcats!" and to players and coaches from any team, I say "Well done!" Thanks for giving your schools and communities something to cheer for and support on the fields and in the gyms.

Winning games is fun and good winning in life is great!

Good luck and prayers for injury free seasons to EVERYONE this year!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin