Vidor at Orangefield Saturday/32-10 Vidor Wins/Comments

bobcatfan4life

Who looks like the QB for the bobcats this year? How is the new coach's son working out and what position will he be?

I believe you just answered your own question.

come on Aggie, you bad as Coop, someone ask a question to the poster and you jump in.  :)

Sorry admin, I'll bite my lip next time. ;D

:D I believe Huckabay will be the starting QB. I haven't been to any practices but I liked what I saw from last weekend's intrasquad. Good test for us tomorrow with a big, strong Vidor team

thanks cat,

i didn't know the coach's son was the qb, so if that's the case that means if he's not left handed he should be at SS on the diamond, right?

:D I believe Huckabay will be the starting QB. I haven't been to any practices but I liked what I saw from last weekend's intrasquad. Good test for us tomorrow with a big, strong Vidor team

thanks cat,

i didn't know the coach's son was the qb, so if that's the case that means if he's not left handed he should be at SS on the diamond, right?

I think he is an outfielder. Don't quote me on that though

thanks cat,

I just quoted you, so sorry. ;D

thanks cat,

I just quoted you, so sorry. ;D

::):D

Guest JoesBros

Well apparently this schedule has been set for some time now way before anyone would of known that they were going to be picked to win the district. I mean look at the non-district schedule we start off at Kelly and then travel to Houston to play St. Thomas. Nothing against those schools but they should be for sure wins. I would think when realignment comes around I expect a different looking scrimmage and Non-district schedule for the next two seasons.

Well apparently this schedule has been set for some time now way before anyone would of known that they were going to be picked to win the district. I mean look at the non-district schedule we start off at Kelly and then travel to Houston to play St. Thomas. Nothing against those schools but they should be for sure wins. I would think when realignment comes around I expect a different looking scrimmage and Non-district schedule for the next two seasons.

Joey, bud. Gotta disagree with you on that.  This schedule is just more of the same as far as scrimmage.  Of course, they will get their test next week as the Mustangs come a knockin'.

Guest bleed orange

Why is a team picked to win district scrimmaging Orangefield? No offense to Orangefield, but I would think Vidor would get better looks from a 4A or 5A team. Just curious

I remember a few years back when Orangefield played PNG for the first time I believe and should have beat them. It was a great game and we lost in the last minutes of the game. My point is we scrimmaged Vidor last year at their place. They returned the favor and played at our place. It was a good learning experience for both teams.

Why is a team picked to win district scrimmaging Orangefield? No offense to Orangefield, but I would think Vidor would get better looks from a 4A or 5A team. Just curious

I remember a few years back when Orangefield played PNG for the first time I believe and should have beat them. It was a great game and we lost in the last minutes of the game. My point is we scrimmaged Vidor last year at their place. They returned the favor and played at our place. It was a good learning experience for both teams. Buy the way you had two misspelled words. I had none. ;D ;D

It is more of the "Vidor plays a weak schedule" rigamarole, bleed orange. We know, we know, we know. I just find it funny that a PN-G fan is pointing this out. We scrimmaged the same teams last year, didn't we? Yes, I believe so. We played the same pre-district schedule didn't we? Yes. Now, did we beat PN-G?

I'll let some of the PN-G proud bring their excuses, er, I mean respond to that.

Believe me bleed orange, they pose these kind of questions to just try to touch on items of which whole threads are already dedicated. They don't respect Vidor. They probably don't respect tOrangefield that much either. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

Good luck on the season. I'll be keeping an eye on you guys and that new coach.

Bobcats, Pirates have productive scrimmage

Van Wade

The Orange Leader

ORANGEFIELD — Getting to hit someone in a different uniform for the first time, long-time Vidor head coach Jeff Mathews and first-year Orangefield coach Brian Huckabay liked what they saw in their teams after they scrimmaged one another Saturday morning at Orangefield High School.

In the controlled portion, both teams went at each other hard. Both squads moved the ball well at times. However, there were several turnovers and a slew of flags, which is somewhat expected this time of the year.

The two Orange County teams then played a live game situation for 20 minutes with the more experienced Pirates winning that 26-0.

Vidor got three long rushing touchdowns from Kevin Tate, Shane Pitman and Jake Travis.

“I’m real pleased with our kids and their effort,†said Mathews, whose Pirates will be pushing hard for a playoff berth out of District 20-4A. “It’s good to line up against someone else for the first time. Coach Huckabay and his kids really challenged us hard. We knew coming in that we had the experience but the Bobcats got after us hard and we really needed that.â€

Coach Huckabay, who replaces Blake Morrison, was hired in the early part of the summer and the Bobcats, of course, are still adjusting to a new system.

“All in all, I loved the effort of the kids,†said Huckabay. “The kids are learning a lot in a short amount of time. I thought we played really well in the controlled part with the coaches on the field and all. The game situation was a bit different and that’s all about the learning process. Defensively, we didn’t wrap up well but that’s going to get better.â€

Scrimmages certainly give coaching staffs and idea on where they need to improve.

“We played hard, but it is those little mistakes that will kill you,†said Mathews. “We had a lot of penalties and we put the ball on the ground a few times. We also need a lot more work in our kicking game. We’ve got a couple more weeks to straighten things like that out.â€

Conditioning will be a key for the Bobcats.

“I thought we got tired there at the end,†said Huckabay. “Our conditioning needs to improve some more. We needed to face someone like Vidor. Coach Mathews’ team has a lot of experience and depth and are really physical. That’s was a good team to line up against for a first scrimmage.â€

Vidor will host West Orange-Stark in a scrimmage next week on either Thursday or Friday.

In other scrimmages Saturday, WO-S hosted Dayton; Little Cypress-Mauriceville took on Texas City; Bridge City took on Lumberton and Deweyville faced Kirbyville.

print this story  comment on this story   

I remember a few years back when Orangefield played PNG for the first time I believe and should have beat them. It was a great game and we lost in the last minutes of the game. My point is we scrimmaged Vidor last year at their place. They returned the favor and played at our place. It was a good learning experience for both teams. Buy the way you had two misspelled words. I had none. ;D ;D

Um. "Buy?"

Now that's funny. .  ;D

Guest bleed orange

Um. "Buy?"

Now that's funny. .  ;D

Dam spell check. ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics