Jasper vs. Gilmer Predictions?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gilmer will be the team to beat this year. I hope Jasper can do it, but I don't think they'll be challenged until the finals probably against Celina. But you never know, upsets happen every year.

What about Carthage or WOS?

Jasper will try to beat them also.  ;) ;D

I feel that Jasper will use the ball control gameplan against Gilmer. Their new Triple Option offense that Bickman has installed will help the Dogs control the clock and keep Gilmer's high-powered offense on the sidelines. If the Dogs can play solid defense and keep possession of the ball, I give them a slight edge over the highly favored Buckeyes.

Jasper 21 Gilmer 17

GO DOGS!!!

There is no way Jasper beats Gilmer.  I say Gilmer by at least 20.  Jasper's hopeful State Champion contenders should remember Gilmer all too well.  That freaking school re-loads every year and is dynamic and any team I have seen.  Very much like Lake Travis on offense.

Having said that, Jasper should have won that game.  I was sitting on the end zone line when the Jasper player got the ball across the line.  The the REF did not give him the TD.   

There is no way Jasper beats Gilmer.  I say Gilmer by at least 20.  Jasper's hopeful State Champion contenders should remember Gilmer all too well.  That freaking school re-loads every year and is dynamic and any team I have seen.  Very much like Lake Travis on offense.

Having said that, Jasper should have won that game.  I was sitting on the end zone line when the Jasper player got the ball across the line.  The the REF did not give him the TD.   

I was standing right by the ref and asked him what he was looking at. No doubt he got in. It was tied who would have went on and won is anyones guess, but Jasper had the momentum at that point.

Gilmer is loaded, no way Jasper wins but much respect to Jasper for their schedule. How many other teams with a new coach and new offense would be willing to schedule Gilmer, K-ville, Wos, and Silsbee.

the new coach had no choice.  the schedule was already set.  but to his credit, he did have the guts to take the job.  :)  I think in the end it will be a good decision for him.

Gilmer is loaded, no way Jasper wins but much respect to Jasper for their schedule. How many other teams with a new coach and new offense would be willing to schedule Gilmer, K-ville, Wos, and Silsbee.

the new coach had no choice.  the schedule was already set.  but to his credit, he did have the guts to take the job.   :)  I think in the end it will be a good decision for him.

Nice signature quote there j_dog!! lol

Gilmer - 49

Jasper - 19

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder