Jasper vs. Gilmer Predictions?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm...expectations were high for Jasper going into the Gilmer game last year after the Dawgs looked great in their scrimmages. Gilmer doubled us up 56-28 because the defense couldn't get off the field.

This year, the game looks intriguing because we're going away from the spread and back to old-school option football and the re-emphasis on defense. It's hard to say how long it will take for the offense to be effective, but when it is the defense should be fresher and a lot more effective just because moving the chains on offense eats a lot of clock and shortens the game. That was our bread and butter for a long time...

Will it work against Gilmer? It's probably too big of a test too soon, but it should be a much better game. I'll say Gilmer wins a close one...21-14.

Just wondering. Silsbee's jv still too alot of snaps from under center last year and had some of old veer plays incorporated into the offense. Do you know what type of rushing attack y'all are going to.

I saw an article that mentioned that we were going to the triple option. It's the same thing that Georgia Tech went to last year that gave the ACC fits.

If Jasper goes back to smash-mouth it could be difficult for Gilmer to put up the ridiculous numbers, but,  the 'Dogs have to move the chains.  Good luck to Jasper, looking forward to this one.

That's my logic in calling for a close game. Jasper's got pretty solid backs, so the key will be the QB Alvis making the right decisions with the ball and the line blocking well.

If the 'Dogs could do well in this one it could blueprint a successful season, their pre-season is not a lethal injection but one of them chairs they plug in, forget what they call 'em.

I like the aggressive scheduling. If they can find a way to get through the first half of the schedule at 3-2, the Dawgs will be in great shape going into district. Carthage is the favorite going in, but Jasper could very well be right there with them if everything comes together.

If Jasper goes back to smash-mouth it could be difficult for Gilmer to put up the ridiculous numbers, but,  the 'Dogs have to move the chains.  Good luck to Jasper, looking forward to this one.

I agree.The way to stay in a game against a good offense is to keep the ball away from them for as long as possible.You want keep them from scoring on you but the less points they put up the better chance you have.Of course you have to be able to score points too.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder