Is speed the only thing in football that you are born with?

You can't train heart...ie-3rd and short and your players have nothing left in the tank and are hurting all over but they still give it there all because of there love and respect for either the game, the coaches, the fans,their family, or just themselves.

You can't train heart...ie-3rd and short and your players have nothing left in the tank and are hurting all over but they still give it there all because of there love and respect for either the game, the coaches, the fans,their family, or just themselves.

I am not disagreeing with your idea but I think that you can train or teach heart. You certainly can't force it upon someone or make them understand it by something like having them run laps. In fact, that might have a contrary effect by making some people rebel. I do however think that a person can learn what having heart is all about. Just because you don't come into a situation with it doesn't mean that you will leave without it. I think that having a desire to do the best that you can is a learned skill as much as any other. Obviously it comes easier to some than others and some will never understand it or if they do, simply won't care about it.

aggy, are you ready to make me look stupid and "SAD".  in "FOOTBALL" you probably cant coach a kid to run the first 50 yard sprint any faster.  but you can coach the same kid to run the 10th.,  20th. and 30th.,  50 yard dash, faster.  its called being in shape.  being in shape "CAN BE COACHED".

Guest baseball25

you can't train or teach heart, I played at the college level with guys that were great athletes but they had no heart what so ever and could careless you either got heart or you don't that just plain and simple, you are  a competitor or your not, but you can't train it, just like if your a baseball pitcher, coaches want a bulldog on the mound, they want a guy that wants the ball in there hands, as a coach you can't teach that or train it.

Guest bleed orange

Sometimes it is about how a young man or a young women matures. There was guys that I graduated with, they never got bigger or faster since their 8the grade year. They matured at a early age. I matured late and passed them up. Maybe it was heart. For some it was and for some it was not. The point is "Never give up on a kid". Kids mature differently. By the way I ran a 4.4 in the forty and a 49.0 in the 400 meters when I was a senior. I did not letter in track when I was a sophomore. Yes, "Heart" does have something to do with it", But so does maturity.

Speed can be developed up to a certain point, you are only given so much fast twitch muscle fiber to work with, it is a scientific fact.  In football there has to be a God given ability to see the field, react to it what ever the situation, whether you are a QB, RB, WR, LB or where ever. 

I believe you are born with heart and desire and you have the choice to develop it. I don't believe it can be coached into you.  A good coach with help you discover that it is in you though. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder