ARE FOOTBALL FANS IMPORTANT

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Football Fans do play a role in a team's success. You wouldn't like to be playing at home and look over in the visitor stands and see they have 20 times as many fans as your team does. That could make you mad and play more aggressive, but getting mad also plays out for mistakes as well.

aggie, you people at Silsbee sure spent allot of money for that beautiful stadium to seat thousands of worthless people.

Nobody said they were worthless, just not that important to a team's success.

Yet you say they are not "that important". They impose some importance to every team.

to the fans of The Silsbee Tigers: you should know that "aggie" said that you are "NOT THAT IMPORTANT"  but i do not agree with "aggie".  i think you fans at Silsbee "ARE" AN IMPORTANT PART OF A VERY GOOD TEAM.

LOL good Lord

Fans are extremely important on many many levels. The first being that without fans, a sport doesn't generate revenue, no revenue e ventually means no team, think Lamar Football. Secondly how many times have you seen a really excited fan base generate excitement and some extra effort from a player of any sport, the best teams always have a good fan base, two exceptions I can think of, the Texas Wildcatters (final season) and the SE Texas Mustangs/Mavericks whatever the local semi-pro b-ball team is called. Back to my first point, the Texas Wildcatters are gone because..........?

Fans are important within their role.  To be supportive of their school, the players, and coaches that represent their district. 

It has been a topic of discussion that some area schools have so much "fan input" that coaches are reluctant to accept jobs at those schools. 

I just have a hard time envisioning a game at WO when Dan Ray Hooks would run from the sideline to the track and grab a megaphone from a cheerleader, face the crowd, and yell "Hey, it's 3rd and 3...what do ya'll want to do?"  ;D

Fans are not that important to the success of the team.  A team will win or lose with or without fans. Don't get me wrong, teams love having the fans attend the games, but they don't win the games for them.

That is what I mean by "not that important". ::)

To quote DickyV, "You people"! ::)

Fans are not that important to the success of the team.  A team will win or lose with or without fans. Don't get me wrong, teams love having the fans attend the games, but they don't win the games for them.

That is what I mean by "not that important". ::)

To quote DickyV, "You people"! ::)

Ditto  ;)

I feel like if I'm not there to root my Jags on, we stand a good chance of losing.  This may vary from person to person, but I feel like Football fans are extremely important.  Our boys feed off the energy.  Why do you think they signal us to get on our feet on a key possession or drive? 

I feel like if I'm not there to root my Jags on, we stand a good chance of losing.  This may vary from person to person, but I feel like Football fans are extremely important.  Our boys feed off the energy.  Why do you think they signal us to get on our feet on a key possession or drive? 

They are actually airing out their arm pits!  ;D JK.

Football is a business, at least from the high school varsity level on up. Fans are the difference between profit and loss.

I totally agree. But they are not the difference between winning and losing. That is the point I have been trying to make but some folks just don't get it. ::)

Guest tigersvoice

to the fans of The Silsbee Tigers: you should know that "aggie" said that you are "NOT THAT IMPORTANT"  but i do not agree with "aggie".  i think you fans at Silsbee "ARE" AN IMPORTANT PART OF A VERY GOOD TEAM.

LOL good Lord

Good grief!!  Does "Speedo" or "speveto" or whatever need to be tested?  Seems like there are a few cards missing from that deck.  We all know you have no kind sentiments toward the Silsbee Tiger Team.  Take care of your "Whatevers" and leave the Tigers and the Tiger Fans to Silsbee.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder