Would you be for or against...

For or against the D1 Champ playing the D2 Champ?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. For or against the D1 Champ playing the D2 Champ?

• For
    • Against

I don't know.Seems like that would be defeating the purpose of having the two in the first place.But I would like to see it...what would you call it...High School Superbowl State Champions or just plain undisputed 3A.4A or 5A State Champions.

Might as well play it, so that it is indisputed in each classification.  However, there's too many teams that make the playoffs each year and they keep adding more!  IMO there should only be 2 teams from each district - Champ and runner-up....not 3,4 or 5 teams(future)!!!!!

Part of the purpose of more playoff teams is to generate money for the UIL. Making the the 2 State Champions from a classification play each other would not be good for business. You are a champ for 1 week and then boom all your glory gone. It will never happen but it should.

Well, either way...5A is 5A, 4A is 4A so on and so forth - it's not 5A 1/2 or 4A 1/2!!!!  UIL doesn't need to make $$ off of public schools / athletics!!

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck, then it's a duck - whether it's big or little!  ;)

If they are going to play for the final championship, what is the point of two divisions?

If you take 64 smaller schools and let then play until they earn a berth in the final and then take 64 larger schools and do the same, what is to say that several of the defeated large schools couldn't have beaten all of the small school teams? Would the final game then be the best two schools or just the best small against the best big, and if so, why? I realize that the best small school might be the best team in the state (and has happened) but what about the others? If someone wants to make the case that the smaller schools are often the better team for that given year, then why break them up into divisions to begin with?

Just add one additional week to the playoffs if that is the ultimate result and stop with the division nonsense. Otherwise, leave it like it is.

Part of the purpose of more playoff teams is to generate money for the UIL. Making the the 2 State Champions from a classification play each other would not be good for business. You are a champ for 1 week and then boom all your glory gone. It will never happen but it should.

I don't know Bronc, I mean each year there is a Super Bowl Champ and at the same time there is still an NFC Champ and an AFC Champ although admittedly they don't shine as much as the Bowl Champ. Also, if you had that one more game, wouldn't it stand to reason that the UIL would make a little more money from the extra game?

I don't know Bronc, I mean each year there is a Super Bowl Champ and at the same time there is still an NFC Champ and an AFC Champ although admittedly they don't shine as much as the Bowl Champ. Also, if you had that one more game, wouldn't it stand to reason that the UIL would make a little more money from the extra game?

But the NFC and AFC are in difference conferences. They aren't divided into what is essentially an upper tier and a lower tier. The UIL already has that in effect with regions. If you win the quarterfinals, you are the regional champ. There are four regional champions in each division each year. You don't play outside of your region until you have won that region or in effect, your conference or area.

You won't see the New York Giants play in one division and the Dallas Cowboys in another. They can never play each other in the Super Bowl as they are i the same conference or region (UIL equivalent).

If it is all about money and an extra game, why not just play the extra game and quit worrying about divisions?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder