Dave Campbell Picks WO-S to win 3A DII State Title

If I was WOS and lost to Gilmer last year I would pray I got another shot at them and not hope they go D1. If you are going to win it all,leave no doubt!!  That's one game I would love to see.

I concur 100%, Bring the Buckeyes on baby!!!!

Entire OL is back, championship experience goes along way.  just to name a few

True...having a talented O-line is important to protect the QB and skill players and having "championship game experience". BUT...you've gotta have more than an experienced O-line. WO-S posses more weapons than usual, including a talented O-line that you’ll see emerge quickly. Lots of weapons this year for the 2009 'Stangs. DC knows what he's talkin' 'bout this year!

now the kids atwo-s have see gilmer and gilmer took it,but that was last year.i do belive you will see a much diffrent mustang this go around if gilmer makes it.to the mustang faitfull that was there ,do you think gilmer is still counting there blessings four droped passes WIDE OPEN ,cant win like that can thay

In 32 seasons WO-S STILL only has two opponents that have ever played them more than once and have a winning record against them (C.E. King and La Marque).  Our coaching staff are some of the best in the state when it comes to analyzing football strategy against a new opponent and quickly coming up with an appropriate defense.

Two major examples:

Ennis lead 31-0 at Halftime in the 2000 4A State Finals and WO-S outscored them 24-7 in the 2nd half

Gilmer lead 28-8 at Halftime last year in the Regional Semis and WO-S outscored them 15-7 in the 2nd half

A rematch with Gilmer would be a tough game but I wouldn't count WO-S out by any means!

Entire OL is back, championship experience goes along way.  just to name a few

The WO-S coaching staff has a heck of a lot more "championship experience" than Carthage as last year was the Bulldog's first title ever and only their 2nd State Championship appearance ever.  The majority of the senior players at WO-S have also had quite a bit of playoff experience facing #1 Giddings in 2007, Waco La Vega in 2007 and Gilmer in 2008.

Two major examples:

Ennis lead 31-0 at Halftime in the 2000 4A State Finals and WO-S outscored them 24-7 in the 2nd half

Gilmer lead 28-8 at Halftime last year in the Regional Semis and WO-S outscored them 15-7 in the 2nd half

Not a great point, you lost both games. The fact is the bulldogs are champs until further notice.  I hope they get a chance to get play this year.  If WOS wins it all they will have to go thru the buckeyes and bulldogs. 

i can say this to gilmer,THANK YOUR LOCKY STAR.the mustangs will not play like that agan agnest gilmer.the kids at wo-s have yes i said gave you to meny gifts ,and the coaching staff knows it .i can think of  two teams that the mustangs played that could have put gilmer away  MAYBE  smiles hope we meet agan

Two major examples:

Not a great point, you lost both games. The fact is the bulldogs are champs until further notice.  I hope they get a chance to get play this year.  If WOS wins it all they will have to go thru the buckeyes and bulldogs. 

87's point was valid, but he picked two "incomplete" examples.  Both Gilmer and Ennis were too far ahead on the scoreboard for WO-S to overcome.  However, there are plenty of occassions where WO-S was behind at the half and came back to win because of adjustments by the coaches.  I remember when WO-S played Nederland in '97.  I was at the game with a friend of mine who had never seen either team play.  Ned was up 17-7 at halftime.  I looked at my buddy and said, "I've seen this many times.  Here's what's going to happen.  WO-S will score two TDs and Ned will not score again."  That's exactly what occurred.  WO-S won 20-17.  I wish I could say I can predict it that way everytime, but if that's the case I'd live in Vegas. 

now that was one heck of a game.the coaching staff at west orange is one of the best ,even now that thay lost a couple of  coaches. coach dan hooks,knows what he needs in a coach thats why he trys and get the best he can get.the coaching staff wo-s has now will be hard to beat.i was in el paso three weeks ago and was talking to a coach that coaches a high school there said to me that hooks and his coaching staff is one of the better  ones in the country.

i can say this to gilmer,THANK YOUR LOCKY STAR.the mustangs will not play like that agan agnest gilmer.the kids at wo-s have yes i said gave you to meny gifts ,and the coaching staff knows it .i can think of  two teams that the mustangs played that could have put gilmer away  MAYBE   smiles hope we meet agan

This is gonna be fun!!!!! gonna be a long summer. I will be checking in occasionally. Ya'll be good over here now ;) I'm still thanking my LOCKY STARS ;D ........................p.s. get ready because we will be DII

How does this mag come up with info on each team?  Like players to watch, does the school's AD send that into them, or the coaches or what?  Just curious as who throw's the names out there.  I am pretty sure I have the answer (I am talking about Bridge City) and I assume it comes from our AD, but wanted to see what others thought.

How does this mag come up with info on each team?  Like players to watch, does the school's AD send that into them, or the coaches or what?  Just curious as who throw's the names out there.  I am pretty sure I have the answer (I am talking about Bridge City) and I assume it comes from our AD, but wanted to see what others thought.

Every Coach gets an questionnaire in the spring.  DC editors cherry pick info to do the write ups. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder