PNG/ BH GAME WILL BE SHOWN SAT. AT NOON CH. 15!!

BH had no business being in that game last year. Yes PNG had to win in on a late TD, but anyone who was there remembers that BH scored their TDs after PNG fumbled closed to their own endzone (inside the 15) once and muffed a punt inside the 10. PNG caused PNG's problems in that game, not BH.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everybody so sure PN-G will win this opener.  I'm seeing folks thinking this will be a blowout.  Why does everybody think PN-G will be so good?  Because they now have a coach from Permian?  What have he proved thus far?  Nothing as far as I'm concerned.  If BH have a new coach, I can understand your thinking.  If BH have the same coach, BH will come away a winner.  Especially since this is the first game of the season...

What are we suppose to say, we're going to lose???

Your saying Central is going to win district but only have a handful of starters returning. Whats the difference?

Because we made it 4 rounds deep.  Returning starters?  It does not matter since we changed our starting lineup all the time.  You know, injuries and changing players depending on who we plan.    

I think some of you PN-G fans feel like you can't be touched by anyone since only since you have a coach from Permian.  

Because we made it 4 rounds deep.  Returning starters?  It does not matter since we changed our starting lineup all the time.  You know, injuries and changing players depending on who we plan.    

I think some of you PN-G fans feel like you can't be touched by anyone since only since you have a coach from Permian.  

What does 4 rounds deep last year mean? In 1999 PNG played in the State Finals and did not make the playoffs the next year. For the record though I do believe that Central will be in the hunt.

Badndn, last time I checked the rule book, fumbles and muffed punts were still part of the game...Special teams miscues and fumbles caused by the BH defense popping those Indians is all part of the game. That said they still had to come form behind in the last couple of minutes to win, but to their credit they did what they had to do and won...Thats football..... Hope those boys have their chin straps tight....BH will be ready!

What does 4 rounds deep last year mean? In 1999 PNG played in the State Finals and did not make the playoffs the next year. For the record though I do believe that Central will be in the hunt.

A lot of players got 'burn'.  They will be ready.  Plus, we have a steady dose of athletes.  You darn right we'll be in the hunt!  

Can't say I agree totally with PNG Bandkid as Lumberton is not ready to give up their current charge to take sole district yet, but, I'm going to go with 20 4-A on this one and root for our district.

I don't know. After last year, I'm sure it'll be a good game, but I've heard a few people say that Lumberton was looking pretty shaky in the spring practices this year. Who knows? There's a lot of time between now and football season.

If we don't feel like we can be touched, then why are we saying that a few select games (including Central) are going to be toss-ups? If we can't be touched, it seems like we'd be saying that nobody is going to beat us rather than admitting that there are going to be some hard-fought games that could potentially be PN-G losses.

I for one have never said we can't be touched. Will we win district this year?? I'd be suprised if we did, but we'll be much improved.

Central has athletes every year but do not always make the playoffs.

Badndn, last time I checked the rule book, fumbles and muffed punts were still part of the game...Special teams miscues and fumbles caused by the BH defense popping those Indians is all part of the game. That said they still had to come form behind in the last couple of minutes to win, but to their credit they did what they had to do and won...Thats football..... Hope those boys have their chin straps tight....BH will be ready!

And what did I write in my previous post??

Again PNG had to come from behind because of PNG not because of anything BH did. The muffed punt was not caused by BH and PNG had fumble problems last year to say the least. BH had one decent drive of over 50 yards and PNG intercepted the ball to stop it. Other than that BH had just over 120 total yards.

Maybe I am wrong, but I don't see BH as a big threat this year. Now Crosby is another story. I think they are legit to win that district and make some noise in November. Merka is a beast.

Can't say I agree totally with PNG Bandkid as Lumberton is not ready to give up their current charge to take sole district yet, but, I'm going to go with 20 4-A on this one and root for our district.

I don't know. After last year, I'm sure it'll be a good game, but I've heard a few people say that Lumberton was looking pretty shaky in the spring practices this year. Who knows? There's a lot of time between now and football season.

If we don't feel like we can be touched, then why are we saying that a few select games (including Central) are going to be toss-ups? If we can't be touched, it seems like we'd be saying that nobody is going to beat us rather than admitting that there are going to be some hard-fought games that could potentially be PN-G losses.

Some PN-G fans, not all...

I for one have never said we can't be touched. Will we win district this year?? I'd be suprised if we did, but we'll be much improved.

I understand.  That last statement is very true...

And what did I write in my previous post??

Again PNG had to come from behind because of PNG not because of anything BH did. The muffed punt was not caused by BH and PNG had fumble problems last year to say the least. BH had one decent drive of over 50 yards and PNG intercepted the ball to stop it. Other than that BH had just over 120 total yards.

Maybe I am wrong, but I don't see BH as a big threat this year. Now Crosby is another story. I think they are legit to win that district and make some noise in November. Merka is a beast.

Merka of Crosby is A beast---Delosbour is THE beast and he resides in Dayton--once again Crosby will fall to the Broncos in another lopsided game

I understand.  That last statement is very true...

After watching the Spring game we'll be ok on offense, but defense needs ALOT of work.

I think PNG with its good coaching staff this year we should be able to pull this one out.

I agree with you here ! The change from last year to this year is obviously apparent ! For the better. I'm not to overly concerned with the Defense. I went to alot of the practices and and scrimmages. This is the first time in a long time that I have seen our defensive players tackle with technique and skill and shear raw force. Give the D some more practice time and they will be alot better. Remember Faircloth is a new Head Coach, but the thing he has done is surround himself with assistant coaches that are from high profile and championship teams as well these new coaches have proven themselves. That in itself lends alot to me that he is very intelligent and that PNG FOOTBALL will be a force in the district for some time to come. He pulls the most out of those men on the field. My son went to the camp for incoming freshmen. I was so impressed with the skills taught and the techniques and the excitement that was flowing all over the field and stands.

I think PNG with its good coaching staff this year we should be able to pull this one out.

I agree with you here ! The change from last year to this year is obviously apparent ! For the better. I'm not to overly concerned with the Defense. I went to alot of the practices and and scrimmages. This is the first time in a long time that I have seen our defensive players tackle with technique and skill and shear raw force. Give the D some more practice time and they will be alot better. Remember Faircloth is a new Head Coach, but the thing he has done is surround himself with assistant coaches that are from high profile and championship teams as well these new coaches have proven themselves. That in itself lends alot to me that he is very intelligent and that PNG FOOTBALL will be a force in the district for some time to come. He pulls the most out of those men on the field. My son went to the camp for incoming freshmen. I was so impressed with the skills taught and the techniques and the excitement that was flowing all over the field and stands.

I don't know what team you were watching, but the PNG I watched on youtube sucked defensively! As far as your coach goes who said he's going to be a winner? He was offensive coordinator for Permian, which hasn't won anything since friday night lights. Some Indian fans act like this guy is Tom Landry or something. It looks like the offense will be better from what I saw, but heck that's not hard to be from what you guys had last year. The defense is going to down right suck. If Barbers Hill has any type of offensive weapons they will be in this game.

for those that don't know anything about the HILL, last years team was very young and inexperienced.  We graduated 33 seniors in 07 from an undefeated District championship team.  The seniors of 08 were the remaining players, starters and backups from 07.  I think we learned a lot and got some good game experience for our young kids.  From what I've seen in the off season and the summer workout program we will be ready.  Last years game means nothin for this year.

I don't know what team you were watching, but the PNG I watched on youtube sucked defensively! As far as your coach goes who said he's going to be a winner? He was offensive coordinator for Permian, which hasn't won anything since friday night lights. Some Indian fans act like this guy is Tom Landry or something. It looks like the offense will be better from what I saw, but heck that's not hard to be from what you guys had last year. The defense is going to down right suck. If Barbers Hill has any type of offensive weapons they will be in this game.

Yeo your always hating on png. But, if you talk to ANY png player they will tell you this coach is legit. MB was a good coach and this guy is even better! BH is going down

Show that brilliance. Permian's record since arrival of Allman and his staff(Faircloth was OC):

2006 Made it to Regionals in Playoffs(9-4)

2007 District Champs Regional Playoffs again(12-1)

2008 District Champs Lost in Regionals to eventual 5A State Champ Allen (12-1)

Permian had one of if not the best offenses in their region.

Does that mean anything for PNG? Maybe, maybe not.But I am addressing the comments about Permian and our coach. So as far as that I don't believe West Brook and Stump would have wanted any of Permian last year. We got the best coach by far that applied for the position.

I went to see the scrimmage at PNG. There is a lot of hype about the new coach, new stadium, etc... What my perspective is that PNG's defense looked very good on pass rushing. Most of the passes were rushed because of the defensive rush. On the occasions that the quarterback was protected the QB's both did pretty well. As for the run plays the offensive line opened pretty big holes and allowed some great runs. I think PNG will put it all together before the season is through. The scrimmage was the first look at the new offense and defense. There was some very good hitting for a scrimmage. I was impressed. As for who will win between PNG and BH, I have no clue as to what BH will bring to the table. Should be a good season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder