PNG/ BH GAME WILL BE SHOWN SAT. AT NOON CH. 15!!

I think its funny how most PNG haters are always looking for some way to bash the program, pick apart what they percieve as a weakness on the team.  I believe the men have done a great job for spring training, learning a new coach and his system. They were able to put alot of it together and make it work. What you may have seen on you tube was only a small fraction of the offensive plays that he runs and as far as the D, don't worry the D will shine and be even more physical and in the right places at the right time when it really starts to matter !!!! 

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what High school football is all about. Two class programs both with rich traditions and history. Both have state championships in the trophy case, well coached... The kids will decide on Friday night August 28th, 2009  who gets off to good start, not us armchair Quarterbacks.. I can't wait to see ya'lls new stadium. I don't see a blowout either way...7 point spread or less on this one.... Lots of emotion and early season jitters to get out of the system. It'll be fun!  

This is what High school football is all about. Two class programs both with rich traditions and history. Both have state championships in the trophy case, well coached... The kids will decide on Friday night August 28th, 2009  who gets off to good start, not us armchair Quarterbacks.. I can't wait to see ya'lls new stadium. I don't see a blowout either way...7 point spread or less on this one.... Lots of emotion and early season jitters to get out of the system. It'll be fun!  

Agreed, should be a great game.

I think PNG with its good coaching staff this year we should be able to pull this one out.

I agree with you here ! The change from last year to this year is obviously apparent ! For the better. I'm not to overly concerned with the Defense. I went to alot of the practices and and scrimmages. This is the first time in a long time that I have seen our defensive players tackle with technique and skill and shear raw force. Give the D some more practice time and they will be alot better. Remember Faircloth is a new Head Coach, but the thing he has done is surround himself with assistant coaches that are from high profile and championship teams as well these new coaches have proven themselves. That in itself lends alot to me that he is very intelligent and that PNG FOOTBALL will be a force in the district for some time to come. He pulls the most out of those men on the field. My son went to the camp for incoming freshmen. I was so impressed with the skills taught and the techniques and the excitement that was flowing all over the field and stands.

I don't know what team you were watching, but the PNG I watched on youtube sucked defensively! As far as your coach goes who said he's going to be a winner? He was offensive coordinator for Permian, which hasn't won anything since friday night lights. Some Indian fans act like this guy is Tom Landry or something. It looks like the offense will be better from what I saw, but heck that's not hard to be from what you guys had last year. The defense is going to down right suck. If Barbers Hill has any type of offensive weapons they will be in this game.

Since we're airing it all out, what the heck has WB done lately? Ya'll are like Memorial with alot of talent, but bust under pressure! I'm a WB graduate, and even when I played in the early 90's we knew that PNG would play you tough and hardnosed on defense.  Why would this year be any different. We may not win all of the games, but after you play PNG, you'll know that you had to hang on to your jock strap. Good luck to ya'll this year, I won't say your team will suck..

i say b.h png has not won a game since stadium been built

Technically, we haven't played a game since the stadium was built. "Built" implies completion. Our stadium wasn't complete until after the end of last year's football season.

Putting all the technical crap aside, the last varsity football game for PN-G was under a different coach and played on a completely different system. Essentially, it was a completely different team. The spring game serves as proof of PN-G's improvement from last year. For these reasons, the results of last year's football season have virtually no bearing on PN-G's potential performance in the upcoming football season.

i say b.h png has not won a game since stadium been built

Technically, we haven't played a game since the stadium was built. "Built" implies completion. Our stadium wasn't complete until after the end of last year's football season.

Putting all the technical crap aside, the last varsity football game for PN-G was under a different coach and played on a completely different system. Essentially, it was a completely different team. The spring game serves as proof of PN-G's improvement from last year. For these reasons, the results of last year's football season have virtually no bearing on PN-G's potential performance in the upcoming football season.

AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the spring game showed that the defence is small and on offense just  one wide out take that away no games won again

I saw the spring game and I don't guess I saw the same things you did. For openers, both the purple and white team offense was higher octane schemes than we've seen since coach Long left. They both executed well for a spring game. They blew some holes in the defense, but the defensive backfield scrambled and made open field tackles that I haven't seen in a long time. PNG will look a LOT different than they have in the past. Y'all are gonna be surprised.

Taking nothing away from a fine BH program, but PNG will win the first one at home.

I think PNG with its good coaching staff this year we should be able to pull this one out.

I agree with you here ! The change from last year to this year is obviously apparent ! For the better. I'm not to overly concerned with the Defense. I went to alot of the practices and and scrimmages. This is the first time in a long time that I have seen our defensive players tackle with technique and skill and shear raw force. Give the D some more practice time and they will be alot better. Remember Faircloth is a new Head Coach, but the thing he has done is surround himself with assistant coaches that are from high profile and championship teams as well these new coaches have proven themselves. That in itself lends alot to me that he is very intelligent and that PNG FOOTBALL will be a force in the district for some time to come. He pulls the most out of those men on the field. My son went to the camp for incoming freshmen. I was so impressed with the skills taught and the techniques and the excitement that was flowing all over the field and stands.

I don't know what team you were watching, but the PNG I watched on youtube sucked defensively! As far as your coach goes who said he's going to be a winner? He was offensive coordinator for Permian, which hasn't won anything since friday night lights. Some Indian fans act like this guy is Tom Landry or something. It looks like the offense will be better from what I saw, but heck that's not hard to be from what you guys had last year. The defense is going to down right suck. If Barbers Hill has any type of offensive weapons they will be in this game.

Glad to see you are still a dumbarse. Congratulations.

Off the post but the real game should be against Crosby a little deeper team I think.PNG won the Crosby game last year and the cougars knocked off Lumberton.Do not know what happened after but PNG was not bad at times in 08.Change could be good time will tell.

Some facts

Last years varsity game was close. The JV game was won by PNG 7-6 (BH missed their extra point). Mark my word it will be a close game, the kids will be playing & the talent is evenly matched. If it is lopsided either way then you can say it was the coaching cause the talent is even. I am going with the hill in a nail biter!

Below is last years write up for the game. Someone said we had 120 yards, so i thought i should post. The only blow out was the freshman B team from last year,so this should be a good one! I'm giving BH the edge just for the new coach factor and PNG having to learn a new scheme. PNG will take some time before the get everything moving ,but they will. 1st game of the season will be tough,but the Indians will be ready by district. BH 17 PNG 10.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barbers HIll Drops Opener to PN-G, 19-14

Scoring summary from the Houston Chronicle

BH-- Tony Carmona 12-yard pass to Ethan Jeffcoat. PAT kick ( Chris Frazier ), 09:29, 1st.

PNG -- Caleb Harmon 10-yard run. PAT kick ( Mason English ), 02:18, 1st.

PNG -- Joshua Wright 3-yard run. PAT kick failed ( ), 02:00, 2nd.

BH -- Tony Carmona 6-yard run. PAT kick ( Chris Frazier ), 2:46, 3rd.

PNG -- Harrison Tatum 13-yard pass to Justin Cegiesiski. PAT pass failed ( ), 2:17, 4th.

Game Notables and Highlights

Port Neches Groves, Justin Cegiesiski, caught a tipped pass in the end zone, for a 13 yard go-ahead touchdown, with 2:17 left to play in the game.

Kevin Johnson's 51 yard punt recovery led to Barbers Hill's second touchdown of the game.

Team Stats

Port Neches-Groves Barbers Hill

Total yards 344 207

First downs 20 12

Rushes/Yds 56/223 21/97

Average rush 3.98 4.62

Comp/Atts 10/16 12/25

Pass yards 121 110

Comp pct 62.5 48

Punts 3 5

Punting Yards 94 177

Punting Average 31.33 35.4

Fumbles/Lost 4/2 1/0

Penalties-yards 3-30 5-30

BH 9th Grade White 6 PN-G 6

BH 9th Blue 16 PN-G 28

BH JV 6 PN-G 7

Guest rykerx144

the important thing for PNG faithful at this point is to have patients.  You have a coach that I believe will be able to build a very successful program but it wont happen by week zero. 

Some very good points on it being the first game under the new regime. We should definitely get better week by week, but I believe the staff will have em ready. I still believe you will see much improved team even in first game. Partly because of a great coaching staff and partly due to the fact we have a lot of room for improvement.Regardless, it should be a great game. Can't wait.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder