whats going on at orangefield

it sounds to me that there are alot of unhappy coaches at orangefield.to me this is not the best of times to just pack up and leave ,so meny kids have alot of faith in there coaches and worked so hard for them ,and this is what thay get in return what a shame.if i am out of line on this  tell me so ,how long is it tell orangefield first game

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For most, it's a matter of opportunity.

IF (and heavy on the IF) a coach is truly unhappy, then now is a perfect time to change jobs.  Would you really want your kids to come back after the summer break or work through the summer with coaches that would rather be somewhere else?

it sounds to me that there are alot of unhappy coaches at orangefield.to me this is not the best of times to just pack up and leave ,so meny kids have alot of faith in there coaches and worked so hard for them ,and this is what thay get in return what a shame.if i am out of line on this  tell me so ,how long is it tell orangefield first game

On the flip side Coaches will pour their lives into a school district, build homes in that district, put their children into that district and then get tossed aside by that district.  Happens every day.  Just another take. 

On the flip side Coaches will pour their lives into a school district, build homes in that district, put their children into that district and then get tossed aside by that district.  Happens every day.  Just another take. 

After awhile it comes down to you have to start winning or yes get throwed to the side, but you knew that when you take the job right?

Guest Brubaker

The better question is, what's going on to make all Morrison's coaches want to leave for better pastures?  One or two is understandable, a mass exodus is something else, I have a hard time believing coaches would jump ship on a guy who so many have spoken highly of.

My understanding is that upheaval amongst assistant coaches is not that uncommon and it happens for any of a number of reasons, some  of which have already been discussed here.  Heck, even upheaval amongst head coaches is becoming the norm.  The days of long tenures such as those Hooks, Barbay and Neumann seem to be long past.

I heard that there were several school board members who wanted him out and told him it was in his best interest to look else where.  Classis example of the Orangefield school board playing politics and overstepping their influence.  If they wanted him out they could have done this much earlier in the spring and possibly kept some other coaches around and have given themselves time to find the best possible guy out there.  Its not fair to the kids and definetly not gonna be good for the football program, waiting until the end of school year to search a coach then having him find 5 quality varsity assistants.  I just hope they can get someone with some experience and will be willing to pay for a top notch coach.

I don't like all the rumors and speculations concerning the coaching staff at OF.  Gee Whiz, no one knows for sure what is going on.  Hope they get things straighten out.  There are a bunch of good kids that work hard to be athletes in Orangefield.  We have  never been known to have a ton of talent, just kids that enjoy the game and work hard.  Let's let thing play out and don't do too much speculation that is going to totally injure the program.  If you don't know, then don't talk like you do.  It's detrimental for all.

95% of what are on these boards is speculation and opinion and people always want to stop someone else from "being detrimental".  Generally these boards have very little affect on life in the real world. Orangefield is going through some tough times and that's a fact. They are going to go through a lot more because of the timing of all this. That's a fact. Whether they can get a quality coach and assistants and get the kids on board with the program is to be seen.

Not only the Peevey kid, but Theriot comes from a coaching family and Farias is very knowledgable.  He was a good player at Orangefield and has college playing experience.  The only coach staying as far as I know on the varsity staff is Peveto.  My only problem with this whole thing is the timing.  Morrison was forced out.  The school board wanted him gone (at least some of them), and they waited until the last possible minute.  They should have done it earlier, maybe around spring break, got a new coach already in place to get familiar with everything, and they could have possibly kept some of the guys that left.  They have 6 coaches and a trainer to replace and its nearly June.  Not good!  They need to find someone with experience, and not find someone who has to learn on the run at the last minute.

The timing on this is really bad for Orangefield.  There are very few coaches available at this point and they will probably be limited in their choices and candidates who can apply for the position. 

Teachers and coaches are "contracted" and I'm not sure it will be as easy as just "Go get the Peevey boy back from LCM" or Farias and Theriot.  All three of these coaches seem to be quality guys...it really makes you wonder what kind of "quality" is out there at this point in the year to replace them?

Good luck to Orangefield in their search.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder