whats going on at orangefield

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Harrell that use to be at LCM...I think he started his coaching career at Orangefield.

Smalley would be a good hire, kids loved him when he was here and we had some dang good offenses under him. Here's some more...

Walker at Crosby

Bolton

Rankin

Bickham at Vidor

Scratch Bickham and Smalley..

Guest bleed orange

What about Harrell that use to be at LCM...I think he started his coaching career at Orangefield.

Smalley would be a good hire, kids loved him when he was here and we had some dang good offenses under him. Here's some more...

Walker at Crosby

Bolton

Rankin

Bickham at Vidor

Smalley made a smart move, in my opinion he is not ready. Bickham disappoints me. But in all fairness they made the right move. Both don't want to deal with the Orangefield drama. Until Parents and the administration backs a coach completely nothing will change at Orangefield. Sad but true.

Guest bleed orange

Bleed Orange, you seem to know whats going on?  You on the school board?  Keep us updated on the applicants, interested to know who has interest.

Nope, not on the school board. I once went to a meeting and I fell a sleep. Talk about boring. I still support the bobcats and always will because " I Believe" but the lake is calling my name more and more. I don't have any kids in school any more so my involvement has diminished somewhat. My main focus is the "Ed Peveto Memorial Scholarship Fundraiser" and that will never change.

Guest Flaco Jimenez

Walker at Crosby

Bolton

Rankin

Bickham at Vidor

Scratch Walker also, was not interested.

you coaches that look over this board ,COME ON and ring that phone at orangefield.you know its not a sin to drop from 4A to 3A is it guys.if you relly love the game of football and think you can handel this job come on and do it for the kids there that are looking for a leader someone thay can pride in(IS IT YOU) time is running out fast now dont let these kids down,thay need a leader someone that takes pride in themself and put the kids (FIRST)

It has nothing to do with the kids. kids come first otherwise they would not be in the bussiness. coaches talk to other coaches about what is happening and I have heard many of coaches, that would make a tremendous difference, say they would not go to OF. Coaches, just like everyone else, want to work in a problem free area.  Coaching is a stressfull job (presure from the parents, school, community, long hours with little pay; some times comming to about .33 a hr) and adding more conflict to a already stressfull job is not a environment that anyone wants to be in.

good luck in the hiring.....

I see your point Hitman, and I agree to a point.  The main problem Orangefield is facing right now is the timing of the whole thing.  I'm sure there are a lot of coaches who are afraid of taking the job in July with nearly a full staff to hire.  They also don't have a lot of time to implement their philosophies and get acquinted with everything.  Orangefield is a great school district and has great kids.  Always have.  One thing they need to do is pay more.  If they pay someone on par with what most of the other HC/AD's make they will get a good guy.  Orangefield has SOME good athletes.  They are not loaded, but they can win with what they have if they can get all of them out to play.  There is no reason why Orangefield can't finish 3rd in this district on a yearly basis.  They should settle for no less.  Behind WOS and Silsbee, who else is great.  They have the athletes to win, not neccessarily win big, but go to the playoffs and play for a week or two, every year.

I see your point Hitman, and I agree to a point.  The main problem Orangefield is facing right now is the timing of the whole thing.  I'm sure there are a lot of coaches who are afraid of taking the job in July with nearly a full staff to hire.  They also don't have a lot of time to implement their philosophies and get acquinted with everything.  Orangefield is a great school district and has great kids.  Always have.  One thing they need to do is pay more.  If they pay someone on par with what most of the other HC/AD's make they will get a good guy.  Orangefield has SOME good athletes.  They are not loaded, but they can win with what they have if they can get all of them out to play.  There is no reason why Orangefield can't finish 3rd in this district on a yearly basis.  They should settle for no less.  Behind WOS and Silsbee, who else is great.  They have the athletes to win, not neccessarily win big, but go to the playoffs and play for a week or two, every year.

Not Bad... + one.

you coaches that look over this board ,COME ON and ring that phone at orangefield.you know its not a sin to drop from 4A to 3A is it guys.if you relly love the game of football and think you can handel this job come on and do it for the kids there that are looking for a leader someone thay can pride in(IS IT YOU) time is running out fast now dont let these kids down,thay need a leader someone that takes pride in themself and put the kids (FIRST)

It has nothing to do with the kids. kids come first otherwise they would not be in the bussiness. coaches talk to other coaches about what is happening and I have heard many of coaches, that would make a tremendous difference, say they would not go to OF. Coaches, just like everyone else, want to work in a problem free area.  Coaching is a stressfull job (presure from the parents, school, community, long hours with little pay; some times comming to about .33 a hr) and adding more conflict to a already stressfull job is not a environment that anyone wants to be in.

If they are talking to the coach that just left Orangefield they are being mislead.  I would not let that guy coach a little league football team.  I know for a fact the guy lied about what was going on in the locker room, on the field and inside the program.  I am talking about the athletic program not just football.  I know him personally and he has never taken the blame for any problems inside his program.  It has always been someone else fault.  So if you are talking about parents and administrators wanting him gone, IMO they had good reason.  A coach coming in would have no problem winning over the community as long as he does the right things.    

It has nothing to do with the kids. kids come first otherwise they would not be in the bussiness. coaches talk to other coaches about what is happening and I have heard many of coaches, that would make a tremendous difference, say they would not go to OF. Coaches, just like everyone else, want to work in a problem free area.  Coaching is a stressfull job (presure from the parents, school, community, long hours with little pay; some times comming to about .33 a hr) and adding more conflict to a already stressfull job is not a environment that anyone wants to be in.

If they are talking to the coach that just left Orangefield they are being mislead.  I would not let that guy coach a little league football team.  I know for a fact the guy lied about what was going on in the locker room, on the field and inside the program.  I am talking about the athletic program not just football.  I know him personally and he has never taken the blame for any problems inside his program.  It has always been someone else fault.  So if you are talking about parents and administrators wanting him gone, IMO they had good reason.  A coach coming in would have no problem winning over the community as long as he does the right things.    

no, not just one... how many left this year anyway??

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder