POLL - Acceptable or Not

As a fan of the game, do you feel it is acceptable for select teams to recruit committed, rostered players?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. As a fan of the game, do you feel it is acceptable for select teams to recruit committed, rostered players?

• YES - Acceptable, because all is fair in love and war (and softball)
    • NO - Not acceptable, that's why colleges have rules.......

OK here it goes. ;D ROTATIONAL   OR   LINEAR   Which is the beast style of hitting ?  

Thats about where this topic is going.

A combination of both    :D ;D :D

I don't even know what we teach anymore at GTS Gold we just call it hitting and leave it at that.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The players formed the team THEMSELVES. The coaches did not call and "recruit" them. They found the coaches and formed the team OBVIOUSLY because they weren't happy with the coaching and the team they had before. The actual season is what matters the most and if this is what they want, why not?! oh right... because they are "prima donna ball players that evidently weren't catered to the way they wanted".. I forgot I thought it was just doing what they thought was best for the high school team. YES next years high school team. As you said they are "extremely talented" and can help teach the underclassmen the ropes! PLUS they'll get work in before college. The underclassmen know what they are getting into but thanks for the warning.

Acceptable-YES

Honorable-Probably not

Even with all the talent, which I do not disagree that these players have talent, they would not have the scholarships without the coach's help. The coaches took these players to EXPOSURE tournaments.  So yes the coaches did help them.  Exposure tournaments are not all about WINNING they are about putting the KIDS out there in the eyes of the recruiters.

Nobody is saying that players can't move on to other teams, that is the beauty of select ball.  I know for a fact that CC has no problem with that, it's the way it has been handled.  All I'm saying is give your coaches reasonable NOTICE when you leave your team.  Leaving your TEAM in a lurch is not the best way to handle things.  Your TEAMMATES are effected also.  

I strongly agree..... Its just plain common courtesy!

The biggest problem is that these are very talented players and that their travel coaches had no warning of them leaving. This left a team scrambling to replace several good players. The timing is bad because most teams are formed in the fall but it is what it is. The fact that the kids did this themselves is hard to deal with because they lack the life experience to always make the best decisions for their future, but it is what it is. I know HS Seniors feel like they know everything, I deal with them all the time. I hope that OCG is able to give some other players an opportunity to step up and keep their program going. Everything happens for a reason and only time will tell if this a good thing or bad.

The players formed the team THEMSELVES. The coaches did not call and "recruit" them. They found the coaches and formed the team OBVIOUSLY because they weren't happy with the coaching and the team they had before. The actual season is what matters the most and if this is what they want, why not?! oh right... because they are "prima donna ball players that evidently weren't catered to the way they wanted".. I forgot I thought it was just doing what they thought was best for the high school team. YES next years high school team. As you said they are "extremely talented" and can help teach the underclassmen the ropes! PLUS they'll get work in before college. The underclassmen know what they are getting into but thanks for the warning.

Acceptable-YES

Honorable-Probably not

I'm on OCG with these ex players and their play time didn't affect me but I must ask... How could they be unhappy about starting every game? I doubt the reason they left was because they weren't happy with the coaching or team in general because we were all good friends. That's a pitifull excuse so either you need to come up with a better one to protect them with or face facts.

The biggest problem is that these are very talented players and that their travel coaches had no warning of them leaving. This left a team scrambling to replace several good players. The timing is bad because most teams are formed in the fall but it is what it is. The fact that the kids did this themselves is hard to deal with because they lack the life experience to always make the best decisions for their future, but it is what it is. I know HS Seniors feel like they know everything, I deal with them all the time. I hope that OCG is able to give some other players an opportunity to step up and keep their program going. Everything happens for a reason and only time will tell if this a good thing or bad.

They Will!

What is the name the new team will go with?

Why you so worried about it?

Who said I was worried?  I merely asked a question.

If U are a sports reporter, then surely you have checked this out.  Would be news would it not? ::)

They Will!

DISCUSSION IS OVER! Lets move on.

They Will!

DISCUSSION IS OVER! Lets move on.

I agree.  Let's move along lil doggies.   

How bout them Astros!  ;D

Since you brought it up---Not so sure if they should be playing GOLD until they get some new players.  They need a couple of young coaches to replace those over 50 dudes.  They also would be better if other teams would keep recruiting their players away from them.  but then again they are old enough to know better.  ;D

I will say this truely  the only ones hurt in this, is there old team and teammates but they now get a chance to play the players in every position they wanted too and new players get a shot they may not have  .  I personally am sorry it happend the way it did (honestly). The "three premadonia's "as they were called love this game and practice and go to lessons as much or more than anyone in the area and have added more for the summer so it is not a laid back ball atmosphere to kick back there last summer ,anyone who know some of these kids know better than that . The other kids  on this team are good players and young players but never play select ball . Working with some of the experienced pitching and older players can only make them better and like I said if not for this team all but mabee one would not be playing and mabee they will continue to play for years to come that would be a great thing from a bad situation . The three seniors have been leaders to these girls all year and that is why they wanted to play with them one last summer  before they moved off . Most will never know the bond this HS team has had for two years and there success expresses that .  All HS teams do not experience this . Right or wrong it is these three girls last chance to go out and play with some kids they have grown a endless bond with before they move off to College and Softball is a full time job . I personally am sorry CC and Cheater and I do apologize ,I never intended it this way and thank you both for all you did for my DD she and I will never forget you  . From a dads point of view  who's daughter is moving off , I just wanted her to be happy her last summer home , not what is best for her carreer in softball what is best for her to have fun and have an experience she believes will last a lifetime ,because life is  to short . . Again as you know I do not apologize easy, but I do to anyone that was hurt in this deal it truly was not the intentions  :-\ I will get off my soap box now ,I just wanted the truth on my part put out there and let you know these kids are trying to do a good thing it may not have come out that way but they were :-\

Thanks POP ,all this has eat my DD ,Myself and dog0917 and Another , up and I just wanted everyone to know it is not always as people see  :-\

Some of us didn't drink the coolaid........we could SEE from the beginning, but this is America, and you can justify it anyway that may help ya'll feel better about yourselves.

I will say this truely  the only ones hurt in this, So they were calateral damage is there old team and teammates but they now get a chance to play the players in every position they wanted too and new players get a shot they may not have  And I guess this justifies it for ya'll.  I personally am sorry it happend the way it did (honestly) ::)Now there is a word that's being used pretty loosely. The "three premadonia's "as they were called love this game and practice and go to lessons as much or more than anyone in the area and have added more for the summer so it is not a laid back ball atmosphere to kick back there last summer ,anyone who know some of these kids know better tha n that The only truth spoken "so far". The other kids  on this team are good players and young players but never play select ball . Working with some of the experienced pitching and older players can only make them better and like I said if not for this team all but mabee one would not be playing and mabee they will continue to play for years to come that would be a great thing from a bad situation . The three seniors have been leaders to these girls all year and that is why they wanted to play with them one last summer  before they moved off . Most will never know the bond this HS team has had for two years and there success expresses that .  All HS teams do not experience this . Right or wrong it is these three girls last chance to go out and play with some kids they have grown a endless bond with before they move off to College and Softball is a full time job . I personally am sorry CC and Cheater and I do apologize ,I never intended it this way and thank you both for all you did for my DD she and I will never forget you  . From a dads point of view  who's daughter is moving off , I just wanted her to be happy her last summer home , not what is best for her carreer in softball what is best for her to have fun and have an experience she believes will last a lifetime ,because life is  to short . . Again as you know I do not apologize easy, but I do to anyone that was hurt in this deal it truly was not the intentions  I will get off my soap box now ,I just wanted the truth on my part put out there and let you know these kids are trying to do a good thing it may not have come out that way but they were  Maybe, but as mentioned several other times.......they are 16-17-18 year olds, contrary to some beliefs, they are NOT old enough to have had life experiences to fore see the damage decisions like this can do, however fun it may seem. I don't think ANYONE blames the kids. It's the irresponsible ADULTS that apparently cant think things out any better than 16-17-18 year olds.

Hate on me if you want........word it anyway you would like......but you have now shown your TRUE COLORS......and the coolaid isn't strong enough to protect you any more.

Instead of acting like a bunch of high school girls going back and forth, how about y'all just stop?

Everybody will have their own opinion about this situation and both sides are equally stubborn so

y'all aren't going to get anywhere. Do everyone, your daughters included, a favor and drop it. The

sooner you drop it, the sooner people can stop griping about it.

Guest Sports Reporter

Instead of acting like a bunch of high school girls going back and forth, how about y'all just stop?

Exactly, daddies acting like mommas.  LOL  From the mouths of babes

I have been  a reader of this site for a while and can tell that there is some serious animosity between some of these posters.  It appears that this situation is nothing new. This is long but  I would like to give an example of what happened to my own daughter a couple years ago. She was on a team with girls she had been playing with since she was about 10. They were good players and good friends. This team however, only played in the summer tournaments. My daughter decided to try out  for a team in the fall that was a "year round" team. She played with this team during the fall and continued after the first of the year. When the "summer coach" called to see who was returning for that summer she told him that she was  staying with the fall team because she had commited to them and they had already been playing in some tournaments. You can imagine how she felt when not long after that we got an EMAIL from her fall coach saying he was disbanding the team but that she and the other team members were welcome to try out for a "new" team that was in the next age bracket. AN EMAIL! He neglected to say in his EMAIL that HE was going to be one of the coaches for the new team. My daughter was left in the SPRING with no team.(She did try out) Actually that's when I found this website, when we were looking for a team. She did eventually find a new team and life went on. She has an excellent coach now that is truely trying to help her get to that next level.

She has learned a lot since then about coaches, commitment and the game. You can't control what other people do, only how you react to it.

I have read this post several times and it has gotten worse everytime that I have looked at it. There has been bashing of Nederland girls and you can set there and sugarcoat it any way you see fit. But you know it has happen. For the life of me I cannot believe the moderators have not taken measures to delete or lock this thread.