POLL - Acceptable or Not

As a fan of the game, do you feel it is acceptable for select teams to recruit committed, rostered players?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. As a fan of the game, do you feel it is acceptable for select teams to recruit committed, rostered players?

• YES - Acceptable, because all is fair in love and war (and softball)
    • NO - Not acceptable, that's why colleges have rules.......

I have read this post several times and it has gotten worse everytime that I have looked at it. There has been bashing of Nederland girls and you can set there and sugarcoat it any way you see fit. But you know it has happen. For the life of me I cannot believe the moderators have not taken measures to delete or lock this thread.

Where is Bobcat? LOL

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of acting like a bunch of high school girls going back and forth, how about y'all just stop?

Exactly, daddies acting like mommas.  LOL   From the mouths of babes

I find it totally ironic that these post are referring posters as immature high school kids ---on the same thread where it is mentioned that these kids are old enough to know how to make their own choices.  ;D

LMBO

• 1 month later...

Well the results are in and in the end ALL of the underclassman from INTENSITY got a lot of looks from college coaches this week and have atleast one college coach interested in their future.  I know a lot of you just couldn't wait for this team to fall on their faces.  Even during Nationals our parents heard the trash talking here and there while we were playing.  Well it didn't happen.  This team was very special.  Thanks for the bulletin board material I truly believe it was very motivational for the players and coaches.  And yes we did have fun.   

WOW! No body likes a WINNER so it seems. everyone seems to be so disappointed that these young ladies and their parents decided to do something different and did not give the coaches enough notice that they were leaving to "replace" them. FYI Some of those players will never be replaced because you wont find more talented individuals with integrity, desire, attitude, committment and heart for this game. They are old enough to decide as "committed" players they want to keep their awesome senior season going or have a "fun" summer and if their friends and parents want to go with them so be it!!! Seems pretty "fun" for them as winners. You have a couple of coaches that without saying the words are pi$$ed off because they did not win IFA or more games in general, their chances were greater if those players had not left. COULDA, SHOULDA, WOULDA Boo hoo it happens! They are mad because they are not getting "CREDIT" they have taught some of these young ladies. They are mad at the "committment" they showed to these players and this is the thanks they get, leaving their team to join as someone put it a "lil team from Ned" without notice. Be proud that those players come from right here the Golden Triangle Area, be proud you were their coach, be proud you were their teammate, be proud that you have had the honor to see these young ladies grow up and in to great people with very talented softball skills. Dog0917 you are an awesome player and so are your teammates good luck next year, well actually in just a few short weeks.  Really Really what does this all matter in a year or two from now? Right SPORTS REPORTER?

OH these are just my opinions not to be confused with any one elses 

Guest Sports Reporter

WOW! No body likes a WINNER so it seems. everyone seems to be so disappointed that these young ladies and their parents decided to do something different and did not give the coaches enough notice that they were leaving to "replace" them. FYI Some of those players will never be replaced because you wont find more talented individuals with integrity, desire, attitude, committment and heart for this game. They are old enough to decide as "committed" players they want to keep their awesome senior season going or have a "fun" summer and if their friends and parents want to go with them so be it!!! Seems pretty "fun" for them as winners. You have a couple of coaches that without saying the words are pi$$ed off because they did not win IFA or more games in general, their chances were greater if those players had not left. COULDA, SHOULDA, WOULDA Boo hoo it happens! They are mad because they are not getting "CREDIT" they have taught some of these young ladies. They are mad at the "committment" they showed to these players and this is the thanks they get, leaving their team to join as someone put it a "lil team from Ned" without notice. Be proud that those players come from right here the Golden Triangle Area, be proud you were their coach, be proud you were their teammate, be proud that you have had the honor to see these young ladies grow up and in to great people with very talented softball skills. Dog0917 you are an awesome player and so are your teammates good luck next year, well actually in just a few short weeks.  Really Really what does this all matter in a year or two from now?  Right SPORTS REPORTER?

OH these are just my opinions not to be confused with any one elses  

EXACTLY, truer words have never left your keyboard.  Except, not the everyone part.  There were just a couple of haters and there really was a lot of support for this group when all was said and done.

Good luck to all that are heading off to college in just a few short days.  Many of you are now closing a chapter on their travel ball years, (those years will always be remembered as GOOD TIMES) and a new book will be begun as you enter the college classroom and step onto that college practice field for the first time.  Let's put away the games and toys of our youth, you have made your parents proud, congratulations again young ladies.

As a parent of one of the young ladies on Intensity, and having never read any of this trash talk before,(but heard all about it)  I must say that the older girls on this team all played on different select teams from as far back as 10U.  They all have had many coaches over the years who taught them good sportsmanship, refined their skills, tried to make them into the best ballplayers possible.  They also have experienced coaches, players, and parents who taught them the exact opposite skills.(not good!)  I know my daughter learned life lessons from each kind of person,so her decision to play for this team was colored by all she has learned as an A-ball player over the years.  She chose to play for Intensity this year for the exact reason she had always played for a certain team, to be the best that she could.  To contribute her skills to a team that had her best interests at heart, while being as competitive as possible.  That is why she left league ball and became an A-ball player years ago.  If some of the other players on this team chose to do this exact thing because they felt their best interests were not being met, and they wanted to be as competative as possible, then I think they made the right choice for themselves.  Hasn't that always been what select ball was about?  Kids come and go on teams, but a truly competative Select team never has problems filling spots because of the quality of their coaching and the playing of the best 9 kids on the field at all times, period.  My daughter has made good and bad choices in her short lifetime, and she has reaped the benefits or suffered the consequences.  That is what life lessons are, making good choices and living with them, and making bad choices and living with them.  With a National Championship under her belt now, I think she made a wise choice to play with the best group of players possible. It was icing on the cake that they happened to be high school teammates as well as best friends.  That doesn't always happen in life, it was truly a blessing from God that she had this opportunity at all.  So, in the end, all cry-babies and trash talk aside, good or bad choices, these 14 girls did make the right choice to play their best ball, be seen and be recriuted by college coaches, and know the true meaning of teamwork and heart.  Knowing most of these girls and their parents personally for years, they are good, spoiled, hard-working, talented, smelly softball players who we all love with all our hearts because they have always been champions.  Now it's just nice for them to be known Nationally for their achievemnts. Congratulations Nederland Intensity 18U IFA National Champions 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Guest Sports Reporter

As a parent of one of the young ladies on Intensity, and having never read any of this trash talk before,(but heard all about it)  I must say that the older girls on this team all played on different select teams from as far back as 10U.  They all have had many coaches over the years who taught them good sportsmanship, refined their skills, tried to make them into the best ballplayers possible.  They also have experienced coaches, players, and parents who taught them the exact opposite skills.(not good!)  I know my daughter learned life lessons from each kind of person,so her decision to play for this team was colored by all she has learned as an A-ball player over the years.  She chose to play for Intensity this year for the exact reason she had always played for a certain team, to be the best that she could.  To contribute her skills to a team that had her best interests at heart, while being as competitive as possible.  That is why she left league ball and became an A-ball player years ago.  If some of the other players on this team chose to do this exact thing because they felt their best interests were not being met, and they wanted to be as competative as possible, then I think they made the right choice for themselves.  Hasn't that always been what select ball was about?  Kids come and go on teams, but a truly competative Select team never has problems filling spots because of the quality of their coaching and the playing of the best 9 kids on the field at all times, period.  My daughter has made good and bad choices in her short lifetime, and she has reaped the benefits or suffered the consequences.  That is what life lessons are, making good choices and living with them, and making bad choices and living with them.  With a National Championship under her belt now, I think she made a wise choice to play with the best group of players possible. It was icing on the cake that they happened to be high school teammates as well as best friends.  That doesn't always happen in life, it was truly a blessing from God that she had this opportunity at all.  So, in the end, all cry-babies and trash talk aside, good or bad choices, these 14 girls did make the right choice to play their best ball, be seen and be recriuted by college coaches, and know the true meaning of teamwork and heart.  Knowing most of these girls and their parents personally for years, they are good, spoiled, hard-working, talented, smelly softball players who we all love with all our hearts because they have always been champions.  Now it's just nice for them to be known Nationally for their achievemnts. Congratulations Nederland Intensity 18U IFA National Champions 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     

WOW!!!  my nomination for best first post ever.

One of the posters on this thread had an out spoken spouse(asst coach ) ,that made the comment this weekend ,they would never let there kid play for us and We told you from the beggining we did not put this team together the kids did. They made most of the choices on how much practice and routine they went through. Sometimes alot of us out there think we are GURU'S and we know the game ???  And sometimes it takes young ladies (premadona's ) to teach us Heart , Hardwork and the belief in themselfs to live a dream . I do agree the timeing was bad ,and I still feel bad for that . But my daughter and Kuhn have played since they were 7 together, and through all the teams includeing HS,they have always been right there, but never crossing the hump even with all the talent they played with. Now with these kids dreams, and all the work from MR. Rossi , Mr. Austin and Mr. Worsham they are National Champions  :o :o And ps .... Mrs. ...... I wouldn't want my kids playing for coaches that let kids live there dreams, let them have fun , let them have an input on team decisions ,and most of all it would be just horrible to have her be a National Champion after only playing three tourneys ....  ::) Oh never mind she was on the team ..my bad .  ::)   To Robbi Rossi and all the ladies on this team with a dream ,Thank you from me my DD ,because of you all, expecially some special girls on the mound ( Cait and Shelby )my DD and Kuhn  can finally be the Champion I have always thought they were  :o

Guest Sports Reporter

BAG, congratulations!!!  You got your first -1,  long way to go to catch me. (I got most of mine (-)through people that will talk sweet to my face)  Can you get to -1000 again?  Good luck to your DD this year at Temple and to RR's DD, a great place to be. It will be cool to see Austin and your 2 DD's there together again, I will make a game.  Kirk Hall's DD went there, they must be doing something right.