All Star Coaching???

How does the other teams in this area either PONY or Little League determine the All Star coaching???

Twin County does it seperately for different age groups.  For example this year.....Shetland is for the team with the best record during the regular season.  Pinto is whoever wins the end of the season tournament.  Last year in Shetland it was voted upon with the 3rd place coach gaining the All Star team.

Just curious? ;D ;D

How does the other teams in this area either PONY or Little League determine the All Star coaching???

Twin County does it seperately for different age groups.  For example this year.....Shetland is for the team with the best record during the regular season.  Pinto is whoever wins the end of the season tournament.  Last year in Shetland it was voted upon with the 3rd place coach gaining the All Star team.

Just curious? ;D ;D

TC WILL be the only 1 you will find that does it their way, the yr my son was 12 the Allstar coach chosen was 1 we had beat like a drum 5 times, yes, I said 5 times, during the championship game I told the coach if my son threw 1 more curve, I would walk out on the field and pull him myself...

I think it was because the coaches voted to let him have the team. I know in pinto last year the TC A team was coached by the first place team during the season, and the B team was coached by his assistant. The reason was that all the other head coaches either had kids on the A team or did not have kids in All Stars and declined to coach.

Last year at TC the coaches voted in Shetland and the coach that finished the season in 3rd place was the All-Star coach.  I was just wondering how everyone else does it.  I know that each league is different in many aspectsa and this just happens to be another one.

Just because you have the most wins DOESN'T mean you're the best coach.  In Orangefield, our Little Dribbler All Star coach is voted on by all the coaches.

Doesn't mean you are NOT the best coach either. For as long as I can remember the coach that won the league got to be the all star coach. In my opinion in gives incentive to do a better job coaching the kids, to have practice and to work hard. I like the idea of the coach that wins the league having first option to coach the all-star team.

Just because you have the most wins DOESN'T mean you're the best coach.  In Orangefield, our Little Dribbler All Star coach is voted on by all the coaches.

Doesn't mean you are NOT the best coach either. For as long as I can remember the coach that won the league got to be the all star coach. In my opinion in gives incentive to do a better job coaching the kids, to have practice and to work hard. I like the idea of the coach that wins the league having first option to coach the all-star team.

I agree

• 2 weeks later...

I know its an old converstion to get in but let me first recognize 643, I was on the team. Astros i believe it was. I appreciate all the help taking up for me( u no what i mean, we were both spectators once in the stands cheering on our team). The first place coach and I( 2nd place team) decided that the 3rd place team coach was the right one for the job simply  because we knew it didnt matter who the head coach was because we were all in it together and all heads would be utilized. Just like expected it was and the results showed. We ended with 2nd place(too bad 2 teams dont advance n-e more). I think the 08 Shetland T.C. team represented fine and congrats again a year later!!!!  JUST MY OPINION ON COACHES !!!!!! Thanks third place coach!!!

At TC, the board pretty much has the last word on Allstar coaches. The age group we were in seemed like the same person got  it every year.

not sure about past years, but the Board has no say so in All Star coaching now.

Pulled this right off the TCYB web site,

" 5.  All-Star coaches will be nominated by secret ballot of the league coaches.  All-star coaches will be appointed by the Board of Directors".

At TC, the board pretty much has the last word on Allstar coaches. The age group we were in seemed like the same person got  it every year.

not sure about past years, but the Board has no say so in All Star coaching now.

Pulled this right off the TCYB web site,

" 5.  All-Star coaches will be nominated by secret ballot of the league coaches.  All-star coaches will be appointed by the Board of Directors".

You obviously do not have a child currently playing at TC do you! If so you would have known they were changed, and that is not the official TC Website! Is there another point you are trying to make?

My boys played out there for 5 or 6 years. They made allstars every year and the same coaches always got picked even though they didn't do good during the season or they didn't know much about baseball. Mostly board members or close friends of board members. It was very aggrivating. We all thought that the coaches picked but when you read the bylaws, the board actually has the last say. I made an earlier comment and fan 1306 got a little grumpy. She said I was looking at the wrong bylaws so I just wanted to see how much they have changed. Not griping, just letting her know the lessons we have learned from the experiences we have had out at TC.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298