Shetland Director's Tournament

I don't want to out anyone, but Vidor will have a few good teams and one Very Good team in the Tournament...you will know them when you see them.

However, I would look to see some strong teams from everywhere else as well.  There were lots of good 5 year-olds last year in both tournaments.

Tournament starts 5/16 and Vidor will host.  Larry Dial is leading it up and will do a good job (along with lots of other Vidor helpers).

Vidor has 8 teams and four returning coaching staffs. 

Sounds like the Storm is loaded.  There is only one player from the A squad last year playing in Shetland this year in Vidor. 

Which team is your's Texcoug????

Jason Sylvester is the head coach and I assist on the Astros (my second boy was the little 4 YO on the Astros last year).  Jason is the father of our P in Allstars (only 5 YO on team) and a great coach. 

Updates???

(Updates follow the brackets -- from the Shetland Field side of the brackets):

Vidor Angels advanced.

Not sure what happened between Orange 2 and Groves 1.

Vidor Pirates advanced.

Not sure what happened between TC 4 and Orange 5.

Not sure what happened between TC 5 and Orange 7.

Final 2 games were moved to Sunday because of rain.

(From the Pinto Field side of the brackets):

Vidor White Sox advanced.

TC Storm advanced (play White Sox today)

TC Express advanced over Groves.

Vidor Astros advance (play TC Express today).

Orange Indians beat Vidor Royals in a close game.

Final 2 games moved to Sunday because of rain. 

Orange 2 (Red Sox) won a good game over Groves 1.  Personally it was a sweet victory for me as the same cackling, unruly fan I had to deal with at the Groves Pinto event had a player on the Groves 1 team we beat.

A fan should never act like that, never.  It makes me want to climb the fence and give them a lecture on ethics when they erupt in cheer when a player at this level strikes out.  That is completely uncalled for with kids at this level.

Our game has been moved to 3pm from the 1:30 slot for Sunday/

We played on the third from the back field and it was great, you could tell they spent some time over the last few weeks prepping.  Great job to Vidor on that field.  I wish we had that to play on in Orange.

Orange 2 (Red Sox) won a good game over Groves 1.  Personally it was a sweet victory for me as the same cackling, unruly fan I had to deal with at the Groves Pinto event had a player on the Groves 1 team we beat.

A fan should never act like that, never.  It makes me want to climb the fence and give them a lecture on ethics when they erupt in cheer when a player at this level strikes out.  That is completely uncalled for with kids at this level.

Our game has been moved to 3pm from the 1:30 slot for Sunday/

We played on the third from the back field and it was great, you could tell they spent some time over the last few weeks prepping.  Great job to Vidor on that field.  I wish we had that to play on in Orange.

Kudos to Larry Dial, Toby Strother, Ashley Adams, Jason Sylvester and everyone who has helped maintain the Shetland field this year -- it is in great shape thanks to them.

Same is true to Byron Lee for the Pinto field (the field at the back).  Byron has done a great job.  How those guys got the field looking so good after all the rain on it late Saturday is beyond me, but it looked and played great today.  A lot of the Pinto coaches have helped with the field, books (moms, etc.).  Hal has done a great job mc-ing down there.  I think that Vidor has done a tremendous job with this tournament.

Still a lot of baseball left.  Tough game tomorrow between TC Storm and Vidor Astros.  Also, the Groves Indians will play a tough Tiger team.  The other matchups will be tight between the Angels and Pirates (they have already tied twice this year) and the TC Bees and Orange Indians will  be a dandy.  Good luck to everyone.

Vidor Astros beat the TC Storm

Orange Indians beat the TC Bees

Vidor Angels defeated the Vidor Pirates

Vidor Tigers defeated the Groves Indians in a nail-biter,17-16 with the winning run scoring in the bottom of the 5th from 2b with 2 outs. 

So, the Astros will play the Orange Indians in one semi-final and the Angels play the Tigers. 

3 out of the 4 games tonight were 1-run games.....

And the TC Storm unfortunately ran into a GREAT defensive perfomance tonight by the Vidor Astros.  They did not deserve to leave the tournament as early as they did.

Congrats to all the teams that have played so well.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder