Best SETX Running Back since 2000, give me stats

Jamaal Charles hands down.

The better question is who was the second best SETX Running Back since 2000.

2nd - Probably C. Michaels - WB

3rd - Mosley Nederland (Overall numbers don't lie and put up great numbers against some stout opponents in Lamarque, FWood and Waller)

I know how much you all love us Daytonites, but it has got to be Mike Dugat. I will go and try to find all the stas, unless someone else can do that for me. As a matter of fact the three most important offensive positions on the field since 2000 would have to be Green at QB, Mike Dugat at RB and AJ Dugat at WR.

#1  Charles  (Memoria)l was a man among boys

#2  Michael (WB) was a beast

#3  Mosely (Nederland) was a hell of a football player with deceptive speed and vision

#4  Kerry Franks (WO-S) was very fast

#5 Hathaway (Ozen) Big back that had breakaway speed

#6 Hussey (Lumberton) ...dont let his size fool you.  Followed blocks as well as anyone

#7 Feacher (Central) had great balance, spinning sometimes 4 times a run never losing stride

#8 Grogan (Nederland) was a load that refused to be tackled

#9 Lowe (WB) was a 1000 yardd rusher on a non talented team.

#10  Greenwood (Ozen) ran low to the ground  to pound out 1000 yards alongside Hathaway.

#3  Mosely (Nederland) was a heck of a football player with deceptive speed and vision

#6 Hussey (Lumberton) ...dont let his size fool you.  Followed blocks as well as anyone

#7 Feacher (Central) had great balance, spinning sometimes 4 times a run never losing stride

#10  Greenwood (Ozen) ran low to the ground  to pound out 1000 yards alongside Hathaway.

im dissappointed in you how in the world you dont have johnathan smith on this list he has be top 5

Hathaway doesnt belong on that list. If it was an off the bus first list then all the way and I think Jacob Hanna should be there somewhere because the guy carried the team into the playoffs.

1) Charles

2) Micheal

3) Mosely

4) Hussey

5) Franks

6) Garrett

7) Hanna

8) Feacher

9) Smith

10) McQueen

If you did research then the list would go all over the place because as I typed I remebered people and I'm sure I forgot people.

Actually, I didn't  do much research.  Most of this was brainstorming.  Heck, 1 and 2 are head and  shoulders above he rest. 

I actually did think of Jonathan Smith.  How did Hathaway not belong on the list?  he did pretty doggone good for a big back in the spread offens Ozen  was running before Greenwood started playing RB...

U can try to compare, but he didn't put up numbers like Mosley or Charles. Didn't Ned shut him down in the playoffs? :) the other two got their numbers no matter what else was going on.

You're right Ned did shut dugat down in the playoffs as a soph.... didn't Mosley's numbers take a pretty steep drop against dayton in '06 as a senior??? seems like I remember 30 something carries for 90 something yds.

I think Mike's numbers compare well to mosley's overall ... his senior year, dayton used him far less than his previous 3 because they simply didn't have to.

Oh yeah.... Charles and Michaels are far above the rest... Michaels was only the premiere back one year right? He shared with A. Williams before then, so his numbers aren't as great.

#3  Mosely (Nederland) was a heck of a football player with deceptive speed and vision

You know, as I think of it, Albert Williams was better than anyone on this list except the top two.  Remember, he was ranked as the 103rd best back in the nation at Scout.com before his senior season began, and was recruited by several major colleges. 

na west mosely was a manchild......i think williams could be in the top 5 though

You know, as I think of it, Albert Williams was better than anyone on this list except the top two.   Remember, he was ranked as the 103rd best back in the nation at Scout.com before his senior season began, and was recruited by several major colleges. 

I dont have the stats on the other two, but there aren't many better than Christine Michaels. His stats speak for themselves: 3925 yards rushing in three seasons, 7.9 yards a carry and 74 TD's. Michaels also had 550 yards receiving over three seasons with 11.2 yards per catch and 6 TD's. TOTAL....4475 yards of production, and 80 TD's. Michaels is the best.

I dont have the stats on the other two, but there aren't many better than Christie Michaels. His stats speak for themselves: 3925 yards rushing in three seasons, 7.9 yards a carry and 74 TD's. Michaels also had 550 yards receiving over three seasons with 11.2 yards per catch and 6 TD's. TOTAL....4475 yards of production, and 80 TD's. Michaels is the best.

I agree...Not many better than C. Michaels, but J. Charles. Jamaal had 4105 yards rushing and 52 TD's in two years. 2051 yds his Jr. year and then 2054 yrds his Sr. year (in just 9 games). I don't have his receiving stats or his Sophomore season stats.

In his first game back from shoulder surgery, posted 371 yards on 49 carries against Midland Lee in 2004 ... Had 400 yards on 31 carries and six TDs versus Spring Westfield. Great numbers against great competition.

I dont have the stats on the other two, but there aren't many better than Christie Michaels. His stats speak for themselves: 3925 yards rushing in three seasons, 7.9 yards a carry and 74 TD's. Michaels also had 550 yards receiving over three seasons with 11.2 yards per catch and 6 TD's. TOTAL....4475 yards of production, and 80 TD's. Michaels is the best.

I agree...Not many better than C. Michaels, but J. Charles. Jamaal had 4105 yards rushing and 52 TD's in two years. 2051 yds his Jr. year and then 2054 yrds his Sr. year (in just 9 games). I don't have his receiving stats or his Sophomore season stats.

In his first game back from shoulder surgery, posted 371 yards on 49 carries against Midland Lee in 2004 ... Had 400 yards on 31 carries and six TDs versus Spring Westfield. Great numbers against great competition.

Point made, badndn. However, Michaels achieved those numbers while sharing the backfield with other good backs like Albert Williams, Jordan Garrett, Jeremy Cooper, ect. If he had been the only back playing, I'm quite sure his numbers would have been as good as, or better than Charles'. As it was, Jamal was the feature back when he was in HS, and subsequently got all the carries, while Michaels was sharing the RB duties.

Point made, badndn. However, Michaels achieved those numbers while sharing the backfield with other good backs like Albert Williams, Jordan Garrett, Jeremy Cooper, ect. If he had been the only back playing, I'm quite sure his numbers would have been as good as, or better than Charles'. As it was, Jamal was the feature back when he was in HS, and subsequently got all the carries, while Michaels was sharing the RB duties.

[/quote/]FACE IT 82 c.micheals is no jamaal charles nowhere close

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kakiri550
    Newest Member
    kakiri550

• No chance in hell that this pos is found guilty. 
    • After his silly conviction, President Trump has raised over 200 Million dollars!  The people are seeing through it!  Excellent!  
    • Let’s see if joe biden’s words about no one is above the law, made after the rigged trial of President Trump, rings true with his po💩son.  Hopefully, but I’m not going to hold my breath, they put the sorry sob in prison.
    • I liked his no bull crap attitude. He was a man of very few words. Extremely strong and freaky athletic!!! As close as possible to being the best offensive lineman to ever play the game. I hope his family finds peace without him!!! RIP #73
    • Chester, a small town in NE Tyler County.  A town that is seeing growth with the addition of a national chain store and a new school being built.  If you travel 287 toward Dallas from the Golden Triangle you have probably passed through Chester.  Things tend to stay pretty consistent and it is your typical small town.   A trip to state is the buzz around town, and the talk before church services begin on Sunday.  This year’s graduating class will number 11.  We don’t have a radio station that covers the Yellowjackets.  We are never a lead story on any of the news stations that broadcast to our community. With all that said, there is a closeness and sense of pride in our community.  Every community rallies behind their kids as they progress into the playoffs.  We are proud of our boys as they have represented our community well and with class. We invite you to follow our boys as they go to state.  We welcome the greater SETX communities as honorary Yellowjackets.  Tune in, watch live or come to Round Rock personally and join us in supporting the Chester Yellowjackets.  Go ‘Jackets!!! ⚾️💜💛⚾️🟣🟡⚾️💜💛⚾️
  • Topics